Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Rick's cross country travels

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 11:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

evening all. 1st thanks Angie for updating for me. Been with an old biker friend for the last two days and nights. Been a hell of a good time with him. We go back 35 yrs +. Now back at our room.getting ready to hit the hay. Got to head to Phoenix early in the morning. Going to be a busy day. 2 and half hr drive then to move in. Then wash the Cobalt from all the rd grime. Can't wait. Tired of living out of a suitcase. Sunday is move in day watch some football and wash the car. And a home cooked meal. Tired of fast foods... good night all

Old 01-01-2012, 06:43 PM

Rick I am glad your journey is almost over. Drive safe for the last few hours. Happy new year. Gregg

Old 01-01-2012, 08:33 PM

They're safe in Surprise. Rick won't be online again till tomorrow.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:05 PM

1 Year Member

HEY ! Finally our trip is over... were here! Damn seems like a month on the road. Living out of a suitcase isn't easy. For you guys that have to travel for work. I feel for you. A little was out fault. We wanted to leave early for the trip. Cause the weather seemed so good. And it was. No **** or rain all the way here. But instead of heading to our condo. We had a side trip to surprise & old Biker friend. Ended up staying two days. But that was cool. Always good to see Wes. Good times are there when he is We got here on Sunday but the whole office was in chruch. So we went to have lunch down the street. Then started the move in! Had to change our room. The 1st one was WAY too small. So we upgraded for a one bdrm. I wish I could post pixs of this place very nice. Dated but nice. After we took my 42 in TV with us. Cause we were told they only had 19 in TV,s in the condo's. We get in this one there is a 42 in the living room and our 42 tin the bedroom. COOL . Never did get a chance to wash the car yet! Been busy washing clothes and moving furnture around to suit us. BEAUTIFUL 78 degrees and mid 40's at night. SORRY Angie ha ha ha! OOPS We actually turned on the A/C last night for a while. But it great today. Brand new Corvette parked next to us and a yr old Harley. This guys got it right! Thought i'd better log in and say hello. Been with out my MCF for a couple of days. Feels like I'm going thru withdraw .. Ok its going on 3:00 time to take off and go see a friend We lived next to in Mi. And have a few Bud Lights. OH YEAH!!! . Hope everone is doing well.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:09 PM

1 Year Member

THANKS ANGIE for watching out for me and posting for me. Your a great friend . Gregg Happy New yr to you also. man I heard all about the traffic in FLA. A good friend has a winter place down near there. Told me about all the headaches with traffic. But it will slow down now for you. Till spring break

Old 01-02-2012, 04:25 PM

[quote=Ricks 2006 SS;398270]THANKS ANGIE for watching out for me and posting for me. Your a great friend .

That'll be $469.35 for secretarial services rendered. Or a case of Bud Light and one banana...whichever you can afford. Thanks.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:24 PM

Hi `Rick,
It's great to read that you arrived safe at your destination... + you were able to spend some time with a good friend.
Sounds like a great place to spend your winter ~> EnJoy...
Look 4ward to your future posts & what kind of trouble that you are getting in2 EnJoy 4-Sure

Old 01-02-2012, 05:41 PM

Rick I am glad that you and the wife completed your journey safely. Is your condo a time share type of arrangement or do you just do a long term rental?
Do you have traffic where you are out there? Is there much for work? Are there lots of old cars around? One day I want to get out that way.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:16 AM

1 Year Member

Morning Gregg. We rent this thru a rental agent. Its a nice one 1 bedroom. YES theres traffic out here at this time of the yr. It gets a little crazy. Most out of state plates are from Minnesota & Washington state. A few from MI Utah, Oregon, Once about 20 yrs ago I called my daughter and asked how traffice was back in MN. She why was I asking. I said I think their all out here. NO JOKE more Mn plates then anyone else. As far as work. Not sure caus thats the last thing on my mind. But house's are really cheap out here as they are in some parts of Fla. YES there are TONs of old cars out here. And not just on the weekends. Its any everyday thing out here. Car shows or just places to cruise to are an everyday thing also. Feel free to e mail me for a quicker responce. Or text if you do that. Rick

Old 01-03-2012, 10:19 AM

1 Year Member

WOW Kind of steep for your secretarial services. But you took great care of me. So Banana's & Bud lite it is. Your a great friend and THANK YOU . Rick

Quick Reply: Rick's cross country travels