Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Reminder V-Day Thursday 2/14/13

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 07:31 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question Reminder V-Day Thursday 2/14/13

Hi Everyone,

Posting to remind all who love !

Thursdays, February 14, 2013

Valentine's `Day

Valentine's Day is celebrated on February 14. It is a festival of romantic love and many people give cards, letters, flowers or presents to their spouse or partner & do something special for their Chevrolet Monte Carlo. I've found that `if you love your Monte Carlo or ride, that it will love you back with many happy miles on your highways of `life .
Love the one(s) you `Love 4-$ure!
* There are many rewards for giving & many penalties for 4-getting > 4-Sure

Valentine's Day: one of the most romantic days of the year. ŠiStockphoto.com/Kais Tolmats

What do people do?

Many people celebrate their love for their partner by sending cards or letters, giving gifts or flowers and arranging meals in restaurants or romantic nights in hotels. People who would like to have a romantic relationship with somebody may use the occasion to make this known, often anonymously. Valentine's cards are often decorated with images of hearts, red roses or Cupid. Common Valentine's Day gifts are flowers chocolates, candy, lingerie and champagne or sparkling wine. However, some people use the occasion to present lavish gifts, such as jewelry. Many restaurants and hotels have special offers at this time. These can include romantic meals or weekend breaks.

Public life

Valentine's Day is not a public holiday. Government offices, stores, schools and other organizations are open as usual. Public transit systems run on their regular schedule. Restaurants may be busier than usual as many people go out for an evening with their spouse or partner. Valentine's Day is also a very popular date for weddings.

Background

There are a number of Saints called Valentine who are honored on February 14. The day became associated with romantic love in the Middle Ages in England. This may have followed on from the Pagan fertility festivals that were held all over Europe as the winter came to an end. Traditionally, lovers exchanged hand written notes. Commercial cards became available in the mid nineteenth century.

Symbols

The most common Valentine's Day symbols are the heart, particularly in reds and pinks, and pictures or models of Cupid. Cupid is usually portrayed as a small winged figure with a bow and arrow. In mythology, he uses his arrow to strike the hearts of people. People who have fallen in love are sometimes said to be 'struck by Cupid's arrow. Other symbols of Valentine's Day are couples in loving embraces and the gifts of flowers, chocolate, red roses and lingerie that couples often give each other.

About Valentine's Day in other countries

Read more about Valentine's Day.

Last edited by Space; 02-05-2013 at 07:03 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

It's got an extra KICKER for us, it's our 12th wedding anniversary also!

Old 02-05-2013, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by RocknSS04
It's got an extra KICKER for us, it's our 12th wedding anniversary also!
Congrat's Mod `Wayne on your upcoming 12th year anniversary
Does that mean you are require to get (2) gift's ? (One for Valentine's Day & one for your anniversary)...Wish you & Lady `T many more happy years (2-gether)
p.s. I hope that Lady T is all better after her operation...
======================================

What do you get someone you love for Valentine's Day ?
Post some idea's ? HELP

Old 02-05-2013, 05:38 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wayne, that's one way to remember your anniversary. Get married on valentines day.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

its a very special valentines day this year First valentines day as a married couple. <3

Old 02-05-2013, 11:08 AM

I read this all wrong, i was thinking dooms day, but for some it is like dooms day, because they dont have a Valentine, so they curse the day. I never had a Valentine, and it does not hurt me any, i dont have to worry about it, just another day, and i save money and stress. lol. Congrats to all the couples out there!

Old 02-05-2013, 02:32 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Meh!!!

Old 02-05-2013, 07:54 PM

Yes but more importantly, the 14th will mark my second year on MCF. That's worth celebrating

Old 02-05-2013, 08:12 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

How about getting engaged on your birthday. My fiance and I are going to the Chicago auto show on Valentines Day.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

BAHH!!!! Humbug!!!

Quick Reply: Reminder V-Day Thursday 2/14/13