Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

registration issue with my monte!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default registration issue with my monte!!!!!!

Boy have i got a story for you all. i purchased my monte a in may of 2005 and i bought it from one of the wrecker owners that comes by my shop. he told me that he was asking $12000 for the car and that it was a theft recovery but nothing was broken on the car. he said he was asking $12000 cuz he had to pay off the previous owners lein on the car. i bought the car and i now have about $23000 into the car i drove the car everywhere and a year after i bought it my tags expired and i got no renewal statement from the dmv so i go over there for my lunch hour and the lady there stated to me that the car wasnt under my name ne more and was insisting that i didnt have the car ne more and that it hasnt been in my name since june of the same year i bought it. so as you could probably guess i am pissed so i call every place i could think of to figure this out . the guy i bought the car from told me he did everything right when he got the car and he called one of his budies that researches vins and his buddy told me that a title company in a nother city had changed it so i call the company that it is now registered to and they stated that the vehicle was never recovered and that the car is still labeled as stolen. so i call the main dmv office and have them look it up for me there and they told me that there is so much wrong with the titling of the car from the guy i bought it from and that if i was to get pullled over that i would be arrested and charged with all kinds counts. i ended up getting my lawyer involved in this whole bit now and i got ne paperwork i could get and even got ne info i could get from a local cop friend on the whole case and from what i got is that yes the car was stolen but when the guy i bought it from recovered it there was no police report for the recovery of the vehicle so that whole time he had it in his posession it was still tolen and he ended up getting a buddy of his from a dmv express to title the car for him and bypass allkinds of paper work. and that lein he told me that he had to pay off was never paid and the company that ownes the registration is the previous owners insurance company. the funny thing is that hte car was owned by two ladies and the month it was reported stolen the registration had expired adn one of the ladies had the same alst name as the guy who sold me the car. the thing i find weird is that if the car was stolen there was no damage to the ignition or windows or even locks. and when that guy picked up the vehicle the vehicle was locked and just sitting in a parking lot at the local hospital. what do you all think about this situation????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????

Old 10-20-2006, 01:27 PM
Default RE: registration issue with my monte!!!!!!

[X(]That really Sucks.[:@] I hope your lawyer can
resolve your legal nightmare[>:]. What's the status of your
`Monte now ? I wish you good luck!

Here's something
for you...Hope it helps.[8D]
`Space

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/7AE770178FB2449588200E2D40FF9A8C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-20-2006, 01:34 PM

well the whole situation is going to district court i signed all the papers for them. my lawyer is going after the guy i bought it from for two counts the first is breach of contract and the second is fraud. as for the car i still have her and i dont want to give her up and i called that insurance company and since it wasnt my fault and i am the victum they wont pick up the car till they see what happens when i go to court.

Old 10-20-2006, 02:30 PM

DUDE!!!! That is F***** UP!!!! I'd be too livid to type![:@][:@][:@] I hope everything works itself out for you.

Old 10-20-2006, 06:43 PM

i hate to give you the bad news i had a cousin that did this also. basically the same thing.
he bought a car from a guy he knew. come to find out the car was stolen and he payed the thief of the car 2500. for the car. the car was considerd stolen so when he went in to get the plates on it it came up with a flag on the vin tag.
but they thought they worked it all out and a year later same deal again. but this time they looked at him as said he had to give up the car as the previous owner wanted thier car back. and had paid the insurance co. back.

So he ended up giving up the car with all the work he had done to the car ontop of it.

So in short if you can i would take it back to as stock as you can for a while untill you can find out what is goign to happen or at least ge tthe parts ready to go and have your lawer tell them you want them switched out or for them to pay for the parts you have put in to it.

and MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE SALES SLIPS!!!

Good Luck!!

Old 10-21-2006, 03:12 PM

Yeah thanks for the info yeah i already talked to my lawyer about the total amount that is invested and i even told the insurance company and they said that they dont really want the car cuz they already payed out the previous owner but that they saw some red flags in the paperwork from the previous owner and that they are going to investigate the matter between they guy i bought it from ande the previous owner so see if there is any family ties between the two and they said that if ne thing that they would go after the guy i bought it from for what they want for the car but that i should be able to keep it... At least i hope i can keep it cuz boy do i miss driving her!!