Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Recommended Smart Phones for Verizon?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 11:04 PM

i used to have a blackberry curve and it charged fast and last pretty long. great phone, just lacked apps and speed when it came to the internet. i eventually upgraded to the iphone because i wanted my moneys worth. love it !

Old 07-07-2012, 11:19 PM

only things you have too look out for is when google updates their android OS it takes samsung who manufactures the Galaxy phones forever to approve Googles updates and to make them work with their interface they use on the phone plus the super ameloid screens they use burn in images very easily, i had the fascinate from VZW which was their Galaxy S 2 phone and the image burned in the screen in about 6 months and almost a year until they updated the OS. Just do your homework and make the choice that best fits your needs.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have the Blackberry 9900 and I can tell you it is the King of Smart Phones... Obviously there will be a lot of debate... However, here is what I know for a fact... With the new 7.1.0.523 OS, it is on steroids... The battery lasts much longer than it did before... My wife has the iPhone4 and my bb out lasts it... As far as Web browsing, no iPhone or Android (including the Samsung Galaxy SIII) can touch it... If you prefer a QWERTY key board with touch screen capability, then this phone is unrivaled... IMO, this is the best device on the planet... Not the cheapest to own, but certainly the best... Good luck with your search...

PS- Verizon calls there's the 9930... Same phone without the GSM capability...

Last edited by Crusader SS; 07-07-2012 at 11:48 PM. Reason: more info...
Old 07-07-2012, 11:57 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

blackberry i can tell u does not have better web browsing, maybe better than the iphone but not better than all android phones my HTC ONE X is amazing for web surfing

Old 07-08-2012, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
blackberry i can tell u does not have better web browsing, maybe better than the iphone but not better than all android phones my HTC ONE X is amazing for web surfing
Here we go......... The processor on the 9900 is a 1.2GHz processor... It is lightning fast...

Oooooops... Should have read your whole post... Sorry... I see you have the HTC ONE X, very good device, however, for all around performance including Enterprise Encription you cannot beat the bb 9900...

Last edited by Crusader SS; 07-08-2012 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Ooooops
Old 07-08-2012, 12:06 AM

HTC ONE X with a 1.5 dual core its wicked fast

Old 07-08-2012, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
HTC ONE X with a 1.5 dual core its wicked fast
Cool, great device... I would put my bb up against it any day though... Processor speed as we all know isn't the whole story... Search speed, Page loading etc... BB is pretty slick with accelerators...

Old 07-08-2012, 01:37 AM

I load pages real quick & most of the time im running low signal sence i live in the sticks & itll still load in no time

Old 07-08-2012, 02:14 AM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

I don't get it. How much processing power does a phone really need? I love my iPhone. Occasionally I use it for Google searches, games, watch movies via Netflix and that's about it. What are you going to do with the phone that needs all of the extra processing capabilities? IDK. My phone leads a rugged life. You slap on a good case to any phone and you should be good.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Like I mentioned before..im no expert...when it comes to phones or computers...

I actually need a phone...to be a phone... I had a Pantech..til it took a dump on me.was the only reason I got this smart phone...Nokia 900 Lumia.

It was actually the mrs that wanted this phone..to keep up with the jonses at her work...(I guess)...

But now that I have it...I like all the apps, music etc..That it offers and a lot of them are free!...Especially when im bored and with the mrs,shopping, doctors,etc...

I have a stepson that swears by his HTC something or another...But hes a "TECH" head kinda guy....

Like before mentioned....
Its all in what your needs are....
I like simple....Call say hello hang up and sday good bye type phone...

Quick Reply: Recommended Smart Phones for Verizon?