Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Is it REALLY about the people?

Old 09-18-2007, 06:26 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Is it REALLY about the people?

some interesting thoughts... i notice the ones with entry fee's seem to draw larger crouds too for an odd reason.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:33 AM

Because deep down in alot of people it is about the awards. People like to get noticed for the work they do and want something to show for it... they just don't admit it or realize it.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:59 AM

Sometimes its the distances. I would love to go cruising with you guys but the reality is its just too expensive for gas to get down to the states, not to mention the headaches of trying to get acros the border.

In Canada, some places do have these, but they are mostly just for old school hot rods, or ricers, and I dont consider my monte to be in either category..

Old 09-18-2007, 09:51 AM

and me living in BFE i have to spend alot of time and money to get to a decent show. so yeah i do guess i want some reconigition for what ive done cos what ive seen so far at shows so far people in general at shows are aholes so until i goto a show or something where i dont have to deal with people bashin my car and what not it will remain all about the award for me

Old 09-18-2007, 10:31 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

We were talking about how some events are well attended ... and others aren't. It seems that the well-attended ones are those that offer some type of trophy/award/reward for participation; the ones not-so-much-attended are the gatherings/drives/spur-of-the-moment plans that are "just for fun", with no awards/plaques/etc.

H--L with the "I'm in it just for the friends" shows. From now on I'm in it for the trophies.

I worked my @$$ off getting my '86 LS ready for the NMCOA Nats in june only to have people (fellow Monte owners mind you) walk right past my car(s) like they weren't even there.
"What the h--l?"

EVERY single day I came home from work and worked on the car. I was dead tired from being up 1/2 the night and wanted nothing better then get a little sleep but NOPE, I worked on the car. And the general reception it got was "Yawn" who cares?????

Strange how the majority of Monte owners could really care less about a stock, original car. They'd rather look at a modified or customized car.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:09 PM

amen rj d00d, or how the same people even fellow monte carlo owners would willingly bash another mc just because it aint exactly how they want it

Old 09-18-2007, 01:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

You need to offerfree beer at these event!!!
[sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_guiness.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_guiness.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 09-18-2007, 01:05 PM

is that an offer GPD?

if so im on the way over

Old 09-18-2007, 01:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: scc24540

is that an offer GPD?

if so im on the way over
Hurry, there are only a few days left of the world's largest county fair.

http://www.lacountyfair.com/2007/homepage.asp

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is it REALLY about the people?