Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Rant !!!!!!!!!!! (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/rant-32863/)

Jomao_o 12-21-2011 01:19 PM

Get a pro bono lawyer.
Never go in a court vs people who do this for a living!

Good luck.

rj 12-21-2011 02:42 PM

Call a lawyer. They will talk you for free the first time.

Call YOUR auto insurance and ask them for help as well. Since they'd be the ones covering you if it was YOUR car that got hit.

If you have health insurance, call them as well. Since the hospital that treated you would have soaked your insurance if you'd have been the one hot or doing the hitting.

NUMBER 1 advice.
Squeaky wheel get's the grease.
(meaning the more you bug this insurance, the more likely they will pay up faster)

Mels SS 12-21-2011 03:06 PM

They screwed so many people here from katrina. State farm paid me 200 buck for a picture I had of Tim Allen with his Mustang. I lost everything on my first floor around
20k in belongings. Luckily we were renting at the time so we didn't have a house to rebuild.
So we purchased a home were it has never flooded It was build in 65. So I feel a little better But I still purchase flood insurance.

Jester_20 12-21-2011 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jomao_o (Post 394105)
Get a pro bono lawyer.
Never go in a court vs people who do this for a living!

Good luck.

Listen to this guy...sounds like he knows from experience:rotfl:

J/k jamao :) making light of a dark situation:thumbsup:

nitehawkjcb 12-21-2011 07:27 PM

Um, unless you accepted a settlement before that bill came, they are liable to pay that bill

Jomao_o 12-21-2011 09:42 PM

Jester, It's all good.
I haven't been put in a situation like that before.
But anyone going alone with no lawyers vs lawyers is just plain suicide. lol
Never sign papers without reading them or a lawyer present.
Sounds like a scary situation.

augi 12-21-2011 10:03 PM

Meh, I'm trying to settle out of court, I made an offer for $300, which is only 88 less than the original price they are fighting for.
The lawyer said they are typically really slow at responding to this, but they will still send it in to them. He postponed the court date as well another month.
He seemed really nice until I told him I wanted to try setttling for a lesser amount, then he turned into a jerk. Like I was taking away his livelyhood.

I'm not thinking about fighting it no lawyer.
I have called and spoken to 7 differant lawyers about the situation I'm in, each one of them said
"Even though the auto insurance said they'd pay the amount due, doesn't mean they are liable, I am still the one to be held liable for all bills incured by the accident. Since it has been 2 years since the accident (going on 3 in march), its past statute of limitations for suing the other driver or even the auto insurance company. Also, all of the lawyers told me it'd be cheaper to pay it than fight it, because they charge 2 times as much to represent me.

The company of BOTH drivers (the other driver AND my friend) is Direct auto insurance. I personally have Allstate and MY agent did more for us than his agent did ,including getting the police report for us, (early) filing the claim for me to the other ins. Company on my behalf, and setting everything up for me.... THAT IS WHAT I EXPECT FROM AN INSURANCE COMPANY! TO BE TAKEN CARE OF!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all for your advice and help.

mousehousemoparman 12-21-2011 10:32 PM

The squeeky wheel does get the grease. If it were me I would call the jerk that hit you and tell him that you have contacted a lawyer and will be sueing him in court because his insurance has not paid what they are supposed to pay and then send a registered letter stating the same. This will get him off his butt and he will begin harassing his insurance company. Then you call the insurance company and tell them that you have contacted the personal injury attorney that advertises the most in your area and they are wanting to talk to you especially because you have been having back and neck pain since the accident. If you have not signed away your rights, I bet they will pay the bill rather than be on the hook for more. Just a suggestion.

The_Maniac 12-22-2011 06:09 AM

Even though this is past the statute of limitations, I would be inclined to continue what you are doing to settle out of court (so worst case, this is a closed matter), but I'd write letters and make calls to consumer advisory groups (like the news media) informing how you are being wronged by this insurance company. A lot of companies would not take kindly to bad press about a situation they should have resolved. In the end, even if you have to pay the bill to settle out of court, you still may push them into a corner of reimbursing you for it.

And I completely agree with you about what an insurance company should do. I stick with an agent that I can have a relationship with. I used to use an 800# service (I was talked into how good it was and how much I'd save). It was fine until I needed to make a claim, then they stick it to me!! Worst part is, when I switched back to an agent, there was ZERO cost savings sticking with the 800# (and my agent set me up with HIGHER coverage).

knightfan26917 12-22-2011 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 394088)
moral of the story, don't assume anything. If the doc's office is calling you about medical expenses, give them the insurance info, then follow up ASAP with the insurance company and make sure they are completing their obligation.

THIS!

Dustin ... that sure sucks, no doubt, and I'm sorry you are experiencing this crap. However, I would've followed up when you first received the bills ... and especially after the second receipt. These days, you HAVE to be proactive in situations like this...just the way it is. :(

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic
* Radio.HolidayCDshowcase | 12.24.2011 | Noon-4p.CENTRAL | Radio Shopping Show - WRMN1410 *
"Somebody snitched on me" __ Barry Gordon __ 'Nuttin' For Christmas'