Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Rag Top Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Just call me Dubs
Default Rag Top Monte Carlo

I want to buy another monte carlo and I keep seeing these Monte carlos with rag tops on them and vogue tires.I've also seen some Impala's like this as well do these come from the factory like this or do I have to have a top made for one.Also do these only come on the Ls cause these are the only modelmonte carlos i've seen them on.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:09 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Rag Top Monte Carlo

That looks like custom work to me.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:43 PM

i have seen alot of those where i live. They even have the cadillac rims, i think its a cadillac thing. I shall find out and let you know.

I think it ruins the look though

Old 12-09-2007, 10:34 PM

I think its alimited edition. All the information i found was on LS's

I've seen it on Impalas too, and even new 06,07 ones

Old 12-10-2007, 12:28 AM

man custom or not thats pretty sweet and it gives me an idea

Old 12-10-2007, 02:59 AM

[align=center]I've never seen one, until now.[/align][align=center][:-]It's surea different look for a Monte [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Must be like a Space Thing : )
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/2D80F87FDD2D4C86B9BE6F9F625965A4.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 12-10-2007, 04:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Any good upolstery shop should be able to do that for you, no matter what car you have. I personally don't care for it, and in a few years the sun fades and bakes it and it will look bad.
Couldn't help but notice the re-painted drivers door on that 2nd pic. That's why I won't drive a silver car, paint NEVER matches.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:46 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

That convertible Monte looks kinda cool. Since a Monte is a coupe, I've always thought it would make a great convertible. They made a convertible hardtop Pontiac G6, they could've done it to the 06/07 Monte Carlos as part of the re-design.

Edit:
I never noticed the color difference until you pointed it out. But yeah, I suspect the amount of metallic may have been a factor too. I didn't realize until I worked for a body shop, how many fine variations of every color there is on cars. Even white can be hard to match. White usually has some red or some blue in it. The brighter the white, it's got a touch of blue in it.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:03 AM
Just call me Dubs

Thanks for the imput but it think it looks good it gives it a different look.Ive seen a couple different one's an all black with emblems and trim,tan with a tan top and gold emblems and trim and the silver one pictured.I'd rather not have a top made for the one I already have if i can find one with it already that would be better.And I thought about a convertible mc as well there's a place in cali that does them but there soft tops they will turn anything into a convertible weather it be a 2dr or 4dr.They have pics of what they have done so far an escalade,FJ Crusier,300 C,Charger etc.I think the FJ is on ebay right now.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:21 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Anything is possible as far as the rag top Monte's are concerned. Perhaps Black Attack Craig would be able to tell us if in fact GM made any of those as an option or not.

Converting a car to a convertible presents body flexing issues. Because the hardtop roof acts as part of the frame structure. Factory built convertibles have to be designed and built with a re-inforced frame/chassis. I expect the converted Montes you saw may end up with some door alignment issues later on down the road.

BTW... Have you ever posted any pics of your 91Caprice Lowrider? Maybe create a photogallery and include some pics of both cars. You know how much we love pics here.[sm=Flahssssss.gif]

Quick Reply: Rag Top Monte Carlo