Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

quick question

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 02:06 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default quick question

why does every one hate ford? i own ford and chevy and think both are great made vehicles. i have a ford inline six and trans i pulled out of my totaled f250 and waiting for a body to put it in. if i didnt get hit in the side and rolled it badly it would be still rolling and i would not have gotten my silver silverado z71. there are two makes i always get is chevy and ford if chevy doesent have some thing that catches my eye and ford does i get the ford. my monte caught my eye also the impalla as well. what i am saying is why the bad mouth of ford what about dodge those things you have to avoid do to how many are brokin down in the middle of the road in traffic. not chevy or ford i hust wanted to post my opinion. and wondering why the ford bashing but no dodge bashing

Old 06-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

it's just that rivalry thing that has been going on for ages, for me ford,dodge vs chevy i will take a chevy largly becuase interchangability, simplicity of working on them,(older ones atleast) and there wont be a single person you meet who wouldn't say there is a single ford or dodge they wouldn't mind owning hell i'm a chevy guy and i own and drive a ford but my prefence is chevy

Old 06-05-2010, 02:29 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I don't discriminate. I have owed an 05 Mustang and I loved that car. I hope to own a newer Dodge Challenger RT w/the classic package some day.

Old 06-05-2010, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
I don't discriminate. I have owed an 05 Mustang and I loved that car. I hope to own a newer Dodge Challenger RT w/the classic package some day.

idk about the rustang, but the challenger,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i cant wait for those american made wonders to lose their value, and drop into my price range. sorry but bye bye monte.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:58 PM

I put up a big front about hating ford, but really, some of those engines are bad @ss. And most of them are very reliable. I guess Im just really bias about it.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:08 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

My dream is to own one of those new Hurst Challengers - those are incredible but I doubt if I will find one in a reasonable price range.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:18 PM

im pretty much open to cars aslong as its american. i really like the old 10generation thunderbirds from like 1989 to 96 i believe. if i saw one in good condition for a good price i would probably buy it i love big coupes. and yeah that dodge challenger is bad *** if only i didnt buy that nitro in 07 i would of prolly bought the challenger.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:34 PM

Speaking of thunderbirds, has anyone ever seen a supercharged one?? Do they make those stock? I saw one in the town next to me for sale and it said "thunderbird SC" on the rear bumper and I was kinda confused cause I never saw that. So I asked them what that was all about and they said the SC means supercharged. Now, I notice this thunderbird around where I live always messing with me, its pretty nice actually. Its got a gunmetal paintjob, lowered, and its got black deep dish rims with chrome lips. Ill tell you, that whine sounds so intimidating. But yeah, whats the SC thunderbird? Is it worth anything, or rare?? What engine does it have? Probably just the 3.8 with a supercharger huh??

Old 06-05-2010, 07:47 PM

Yep 3.8 w/ a supercharger. Think it's only an m62. Friend has one with a 5 speed. fun little car.
Personally I'm a Chevy car guy but a Ford truck guy. Just really don't like chevy trucks from 73 on up. Haul the Elcamino to the track with my 87 F350 slideback.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by wht02monte
Speaking of thunderbirds, has anyone ever seen a supercharged one?? Do they make those stock? I saw one in the town next to me for sale and it said "thunderbird SC" on the rear bumper and I was kinda confused cause I never saw that. So I asked them what that was all about and they said the SC means supercharged. Now, I notice this thunderbird around where I live always messing with me, its pretty nice actually. Its got a gunmetal paintjob, lowered, and its got black deep dish rims with chrome lips. Ill tell you, that whine sounds so intimidating. But yeah, whats the SC thunderbird? Is it worth anything, or rare?? What engine does it have? Probably just the 3.8 with a supercharger huh??
yeah they did have one that came supercharged they called them the supercoupes. and i know one of them had a v8 just dont know the size. but i really dug that car growing up and always wanted one i wonder why i never did actually buy one lol.

Quick Reply: quick question