Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Prayer needed for my Mom!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 08:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Update:
She has had 2 CAT scans now, and is scheduled for surgery to drain fluid & blood from her brain Monday AM. 2 incisions and some drilling. This still doesn't address WHY her brain is bleeding. This surgery is Dad's choice, and I won't interfer, but I shure would rather have her pass at home than on a surgery table with at best a 50/50 chance of making it thru the surgery, and still not addressing the main issue.

I guess we ALL need to pray for all of us!

I will check out that site. My wife has several that she frequents, and is a moderator on several.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

my thoughts are with you wayne. I hope no matter which path is chosen she does not suffer anymore than she has to.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:11 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I am sooo sorry to hear about your mom Wayne. My mom died this past April of the same thing - a stroke caused major bleeding in the left side of her brain. I had the same reaction as you do, to please let her go peacefully and quickly. My mom was a fighter too and after she had the stroke, she held on for almost five days (the longest 5 days of my life). I was very sad when she passed, but I felt more of a relief that she's not suffering anymore and she's in heaven with her parents and other loved ones who passed away.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:17 PM

our thought and prayers are with you and you family
dominic

Old 06-15-2009, 03:18 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by RocknSS04
Update:
She has had 2 CAT scans now, and is scheduled for surgery to drain fluid & blood from her brain Monday AM. 2 incisions and some drilling. This still doesn't address WHY her brain is bleeding. This surgery is Dad's choice, and I won't interfer, but I shure would rather have her pass at home than on a surgery table with at best a 50/50 chance of making it thru the surgery, and still not addressing the main issue.

I guess we ALL need to pray for all of us!

I will check out that site. My wife has several that she frequents, and is a moderator on several.
I just read your update after I posted. I will still pray for your mother but I don't agree with your dad on the surgery. What kind of quality of life will she have if she makes it through the surgery?

Old 06-15-2009, 04:45 PM

RocknSS,

Its never wrong to want some to stop suffering, specially when you know they have lived a full life. I hope that she can get through this, but its only going to get worse, i also hope that the pain and suffering will stop as well

Old 06-15-2009, 09:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

An update from a LONG day: 1 hr at work getting things organized for my workers and getting reports to take with me to work on, just in case I'm there for the duration. 3 hrs at the hospital this afternoon. 1 1/2 hrs at college tonight for my PC operating systems class. 480 miles on the odometer.
Results: After talking with Dad and one of my nieces, we all came to the agreement that this was NOT an emergency surgery. In fact, there was no apparent urgency of any form, nor from what we could gather, any advantage to having the surgery. What was to happen was he was going to cut into both sides of her skull, and drill into both sides to evacuate old blood from a month old blood clot that was NOT life threatening. 4-7 hr procedure. This was NOT an anurism. The surgery got re-scheduled for tomorrow because of an emergency surgery. We were able to talk with him for a few minutes between surgeries. Timing was right. GOD was there today with us. The surgeon was very arrogant, and it was apparent that Dad was steam rollered into saying yes to having the surgery done. Remember, he is 92. VERY arrogent easterner (India). I got short tempered with him, as he did with me.
Surgery got cancelled. We tried to take her home today, but because of no insulin this morning (because of scheduled surgery), and the fact that SOMEHOW she was given a glass of orange juice, her sugar was over 550 all afternoon, so they wouldn't release her until tomorrow. We are setting up hospice for her.

God DOES answer prayers, and there were prayers from all over the world for her (again), and look how it turned out!

Thank you MCF Family for your prayers, and thank you Lord for listening and answering them.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:45 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you, your mom, and your family.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:24 PM

Hi Wayne, my thoughts are with you during this difficult time. MCF is not just a forum, it's a family.

Quick Reply: Prayer needed for my Mom!