Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Possibly starting my own business

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
Have you thought about doing swirl & light scratch removal? If you've got a nice buffer and some good cutting compounds, lots of people seem to have swirls and minor imperfections they'd like buffed out.
i honestly dont have a buffer right now even though i was thinking about getting one & learning how to use it if i get really serious with this. but yeah the thought has crossed my mind but unfortunately i dont have any experience with an actual buffer =/ i just do the best i can with elbow grease right now

Old 03-11-2010, 07:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

brit i started the same way i started with a 6in random orbiting buffer and am collecting as i go, in less than a year i have aquired many diff waxes and whatnot, shampoer, 10in r/o, shopvac, still

Old 03-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

make it work, all i can say is if you have a passion for it do it, try it out worst thing that can happen is it doesn't go anywhere you got yourself some detailing stuff

Old 03-11-2010, 10:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You let me know if you need anything from a graphics perspective... it's my career

Old 03-11-2010, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
You let me know if you need anything from a graphics perspective... it's my career
Have before and after shots in your ad.
Get a decent camera with a high mega pixel availabilty, so that you can "blow them up" and be able to show the customer the difference.
Hey, it maybe be pricy but the rewards will come afterwards.
If i remember correct from entreprenourship (<SP?) class, the hardeest part is getting it started with the start up cost, then you'll have to maintain it, with profits of course
Good luck.
(That idea by appointment can also be beneficial. I once met a guy who did detailing by appointments and only did expensive rides, he told me he just got started by doing a mercedez of someone who worked in the capitol and i guess with word of mouth he kept getting referals to him. Well i once saw him detailing a Bentley coupe.)
Because it may give the customer the impression that since its by appointment you will take YOUR time to work every inch of THEIR vehicle.

Last edited by Jomao_o; 03-11-2010 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Added some more nonsense ;) lol
Old 03-11-2010, 07:34 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

You really need to learn how to wet sand and buff to get the best detailing results. I have a porter cable orbital and you really can't burn the paint with it. I also use different compounds with it, but you are never going to get out deep scratches with just an orbital. My Fiance does detailing on the side for extra cash and he could probably go professional, but it's too hard on him physically.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member

have a six inch orbital for the tight space , 12" two handle for the overall. I've known people who work out of thier trunk and go from one dealer to the next spicing up the trade ins and auction buys.
As for a name how about "THE LAST DETAIL" or "THE FINAL TOUCH"

Last edited by jarheadbobandmax; 03-12-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:30 PM

hay blacksheep can you make a monte crest graphic i really want to get one for my monte

Old 03-13-2010, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by jarheadbobandmax
[I]
As for a name how about "THE LAST DETAIL" or "THE FINAL TOUCH"
Those are good. I like The Last Detail. I'd go there.

How about SSuperCharged Auto Detail?

Old 03-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Originally Posted by peoples 01 ss
how about intimidating shine
I love that one.

You probably know this but check with your state/county also regarding naming, location, taxes, etc. You may also need to carry some kind of liability insurance. If you are doing it at home, your home owners insurance usually will not cover anything business related.

I get my business cards from overnightprints.com. They do a fantastic job, the nice heavy glossy kind, you can also get double-sided for not much more, and they're quick too. I was on vactaion when I designed and ordered mine (before the special expired, LOL), they beat me home. Attached is one of mine - the red and green lines are NOT on the card, those are just the guides for designing.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails Possibly starting my own business-bbtcard.jpg  

Last edited by dustybird3; 03-14-2010 at 11:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Possibly starting my own business