Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Pop Quiz part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 10:57 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Pop Quiz part 2

Looks like GPD isn't telling? [sm=icon_quiet.gif]

He's too busy with my online niece Mai Joy, eating, and watching football to give us the answer. [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 11-22-2007, 11:18 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

it doesn't matter who's has been around the longest. America still has the greatest and most well thought out Government in the world, with all of tis checks and balances and distribution of powers, it is by far the greatest government ever assembled. yes, ti has many loopholes and flaws it seems, but I challenge anyone to find a better government in existance in the world today.

Old 11-22-2007, 02:15 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

Cowboy... You hug with one arm and punch me in the eye with the other...

We live in the Greatest Country in the World... But our Government is the spetic tank of governemnts -- and what I mean that is... its full of s-h-i-t and occassionally some of it runs off and is filtered out to the fieldwhere it can be good for some as fertilizer.

Our government is too big, has too many rules, regulations, filters, and useless enities that is uncontrolable and costs way, way, way too much to operate.

We need term limits on every office of government. Nobody can serve longer than 2-terms or 8-years max, and just because someone serves, does not entitle them to a lifetime salary, medical insurance, and pension - with the exception of the President. This includes the Supreme Courts - 8 years max. However, a two term state can serve two more terms in the Federal government. All government employees get the same social security as we do (promise you this would insure social security would be around). All government -- state & federal -- must operate under a balanced budget. Each State would only be able to receive federal funds (in total) the amount equal to all taxes collected from said tax minus their portion of the fixed costs of the Federal Government. This would include disaster relief. (Insurance companies have to pay 100% or go out of business. No Insurance or Bank would be able to go out of business without provable cause or Company Officers must go to jail! - same for private companies that fail to payout pensions). Pension funds were to be secure and thus if a company uses that money for any other purpose the officers need to go to jail)

NO MORE INCOME TAX - But there would be a straight 15% sales tax. Thus no need for the IRS -- manufacturers charge 15% to wholesellers, wholeseller charge 15% to distributors, etc.One enity of government gone! Oh it would streamline the mfg to store chain fairly quickly.

Old 11-22-2007, 02:19 PM

5 Year Member

well you kind of reinforced what i said... it has many flaws, but i still believe it is hte best government in the world.. yes its been warped out of proportion of what our founders wanted, but I still challenge anyone to find a better government. Congress has used the loopholes of the Constitution and the Supreme Court has reinforced that the government has the right to regulate the lives of all Americans. Republicans believe in regulating the personal lifes, democrats in the economy. governments solution: regulate everything. sad, sad, sad.

and btw, there is a movement to do waht you want with taxes, the Fair Tax act. basically, it woudl eliminate all taxes and place a 23% embedded tax on everything you buy.

Old 11-22-2007, 02:22 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

Hey... Were is the fighting squirrels... I added them for you...

Old 11-22-2007, 03:05 PM

5 Year Member

sorry, apparently i forgot ot hit apply when i put them in my profile... they are ehre now.

Old 11-22-2007, 03:09 PM

Craig, you sound somewhat disenchanted with parts of your Gov. Hey we have the same crap here. A Senate that is appointed by those that happen to be in power at the time. And these appointees are just the "Good Friends" of the government. It allows them to sit as a senator until they are 75 years old, and get paid, regardless if they can stay awake. But hey, most of them spend most of their time at their homes in South Florida, or the Islands.

Lobbyists that spend gazillions of dollars supporting candidates so that when they get to power, they will make sure the adjendas of the pharmacutical companies, or Big Oil are looked after, and all us little guys keep paying the price.

We have politicians that after a whole 5 or6 years in office, I'm not sure of the time required, but it's a far cry from what you and I need to put in, will get apension for the rest of their lives which most normal workers would kill for. But again, aren't the politicians worth it. Look what they accomplished for us while in office. LOL

Old 11-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Just to add something to what Revitupfaster said:
We also don't have a term limit on our Prime Minister. We've had a couple Prime Ministers who spent 5 or 6 terms in office. Plus we have one province that likes to hold the rest of the country hostage every few years by threatening to breakup the country. Just so they can get an even bigger slice of the government pie. Word to the wise: When a new state joins the union, GET IT IN WRITING!

Old 11-23-2007, 09:55 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm writing Craig's name in for Presidential candidate when I vote.

Who's with me?

PS. Dis I see anything in your speach about fair trade with any and all countries we buy from? They sell anything in this country they HAVE to accept goods from this country. Our people deserve jobs too!!!

Old 11-23-2007, 12:09 PM

5 Year Member

well RJ, what you're saying goes both ways... if they want to buy our stuff, we shouldn't be forced to buy their second hand crap and sell it to our people.

Quick Reply: Pop Quiz part 2