Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

POLL: 09 Camaro SS - 09 Challenger - 09 Mustang GT ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 08:08 AM
Default RE: POLL: 09 Camaro SS - 09 Challenger - 09 Mustang GT ?

I like the look of the Mustang and the Challenger BUT I'm a Chevy woman, so I would take the Camaro.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:16 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

I love that Challenger R/T, always wanted a 1970 Hemi Cuda, but somehow settled for a 1970 Nova SS. For me... Orange, Yellow, Lime Green, or thePurple are all fine (and original) colors.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:56 AM

If the Challenger is built anything like the new Chargers than I'll take it over them all.

My dad owns a '06 Daytona R/T Charger, and that thing is awesome. The entire car is designed like a Mercedes(Daimler), and it has A LOT of power for weighing 4200 lbs.

Because of Transformers it would be hard to pass up the Camaro, but put a Challenger in Plum Crazy in front of me and I'd be done.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:23 AM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center][:-]`Space Choice Below [:-]WoW [:-]I love the artist that did this one "To dare 2 `Dream " [:-][/align][align=center][/align]
WOW! I am in love!!

Old 11-29-2007, 10:38 AM

Camaro, without a doubt. I have always loved them. I think the new Challenger is beautiful, but I would go for the Camaro...gloss black with matte black racing stripes!! I am optimistic about the future of GM's line of RWD cars. Finally, they are seeing the light. Look for the monte to resurface in 2011 and decimate the NASCAR scene and the respark consumer's interests with a RWD, V8-powered heart stopper with no training wheels!! (as the Camaro's older, more refined brother) At least, one can hope, no?

Old 11-29-2007, 07:02 PM

The challenger definately has more of the old school look. I've always liked em in plum crazy. And a HEMI to boot. Can't wait to see them on the road.

Don't care for the mustang at all.

But for me I'll take that SS in a custom Black Cherry color. Coupe, no convertable.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:11 PM

Challenger R/T in Plum Crazy for me - August, 2010 (unless something more interesting comes alongby then).

Old 11-29-2007, 08:35 PM

I want the new RWD Impala with the 7.0L vette engine

I Do have a family to think about its hard enuf to stuff kids in the back of my monte. I am Glad we have my Wifes Jetta for family trips around town...

Old 11-30-2007, 08:15 PM

Ok, look at the camaro, then look at the rustang.. specifically the MAIN BODY LINES.... Minus a grille and a hood, you could probably mistake those two....

The very aggressive rear fender flare that goes down to a straight panel crease all the way to the front, where it turns down, with a decreasing radius.

Heck, who cares which one ya get, they'll be mistaken for eachother from the side anyways!

Old 12-15-2007, 11:26 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]Check out FM Competition below[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Road Test: 2008 Shelby GT500[/align][align=center]plus links to other Performance Models[/align][align=center]EnJoy[/align][align=center]by[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
See 2008 Shelby GT500 Photos[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]If a lot is good, then more must be better. At least that's the conclusion I've drawn for the impetus behind Carroll Shelby's latest project, the Super Snake, a 605-bhp after-title conversion of the Mustang Shelby GT500.

Boasting 50 more horses than the limited-run GT500 KR (King of the Road), which launches early next year, the Super Snake allows owners of GT500s (yes, the same car that continues to sell over the dealer sticker of $41,930 more than a year after its release) to claim their own share of road kingdom for an additional $28,000.

The aftermarket changes to take the GT500 to Super Snake status include a long list of Ford Racing parts, as well as proprietary Shelby bits to build a unique-looking, fully warranted alternative to the 600-bhp Dodge Viper, albeit with some extra weight, a back seat and a live rear axle. If you're not averse to risk-taking, you can go with an even more powerful non-Ford-specified blower with no warranty that will push the Super Snake's 5.4-liter V-8 to 725-plus bhp.

More Autos Stories[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]
Other auto articles from RoadandTrack.com: [/align][*][align=center]Video: 2008 Shelby GT500[/align][*][align=center]Road Test: 2008 Lexus IS F[/align][*][align=center]Driving Impressions: 2009 Nissan GT-R[/align][*][align=center]Comparison Test: V-8 Exotics[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][b]The modifications are completed either at Shelby Automobiles' Las Vegas headquarters or the factory-approved modification center at Tasca Ford in Cranston, Rhode Island, and include a new fiberglass hood with functioning scoop, a revamped front fascia with additional brake cooling ducts, carbon-fiber front splitter and rocker panels, a choice of black-riveted C-pillar window closeouts or body-colored side scoops, matte-black striping and larger brakes with front 6-piston calipers developed in conjunction with Baer. The car also benefits from adjustable shocks, stiffer springs, larger-diameter anti-roll bars and a Borla exhaust. Alcoa 20-in. forged alloy wheels are fitted with Pirelli P Zero tires measuring P275/35ZR-20 in the rear and P255/35ZR-20 up front. Inside, there are auxiliary pressure gauges for supercharger boost, fuel and oil mounted atop the instrument panel, the requisite dash plaque with unique serial number and more Shelby and Super Snake emblazoned and embroidered bits than you can shake a stick at.

Overall, the quality of the workmanship is top-notch -- this

Quick Reply: POLL: 09 Camaro SS - 09 Challenger - 09 Mustang GT ?