Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Police are cracking down on seat belt violators

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 07:04 PM
Default Police are cracking down on seat belt violators

Police are cracking down on seat belt violators, and law obeying citizens.

I got pull over for wearing my seat belt. I was driving down the highway and he was on the other side of the highway going the opposite way. And when I notice himbehind me, I was thinking what the hell could he want? He come up to the window and said he pull me over for not wearing my seat belt..........[sm=insomnia.gif]............[sm=insomnia.gif].................And I said,...Hell I thought I was in the twightlight zone........... I told him I disargee with him . And then He gotall fussy with me and told me I was a lier and your geting a ticket.

Now I could goto court or I could pay the 55 dollars. Cause it will be his word against mine. And pretty sure who would win.

Sobecareful out there guys.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:19 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Police are cracking down on seat belt violators

Victimizing innocent drivers is nothing, sad to say.

Just after I graduated college and was checking in to returning for extra classes one day. I was headed home, got off the interstate. I saw a state patrol car under the interstate with a motorists pulled over. This trooper was not more then 50ft from the exit lane I was in and I'd just come from a dead stop. I passed him (he's still with the stopped motorists mind you) doing 35mph in a 55mph zone. I was a couple miles down the road getting ready to turn left the direction of my home. Thistrooper comes speeding up behind me and pulls me over. He wants my license/registration which I give him.

He comes back with my property and a ticket. He states he clocked me doing 65 in a 55.

I complain and he comes back with he has me on radar, do I want to see it?

First, I do not speed. I know I can't afford a ticket. Other drivers speed past me irritated cause I'm not doing 75 in a 55. They've givenme the one finger salute, shaken fists at me, cut me off, and so on.

I saw thetrooper andI am not stupid. WHY............... would I speed past him?

Didn't matter.It was still a$75 fine. Being in college and broke my parents had to pay the fine. They sided with me stating anyone else they would question this ticket but they know me too well. If I'd have gone to jail to pay the ticket off they only allow $6/day for setting in jail. So I'd have had to set in jail several days to pay off a ticket I wasn't guilty of.

Was I guilty? Could I prove I wasn't?

I even stopped in and talked with his supervisor. It did zero good.

Come to find out the troopergot the wrong SSN on the ticket. But they just re-issued it in my name.

Not a year later I was working part-time at KFC and this trooper stopped in with 3 trooper buddies. He couldn't face me.

Was I innocent of speeding?

Old 06-03-2007, 09:26 PM

Yep its areally screwed up system we have here. It funny when I left I saw a guy on a motorcyle going down the road, There no law for helmets here. But the states comes up with a law that makes people wear seat belts. Its to save lifes or so they say. You think they make a law to makepeople wearhelmets.Sometimes their logic, blows my mind.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:30 PM

i got pulled of over 2 weeks ago cuz the cop thought i wasnt wearing mine, but my seats angled so that it looks like im not and the top of the triangle thing at the top of the belt is broken so he pulled me over for that and when i showed him i had it on and that its all broken he just wrote down my info an told me to go home hah

Old 06-03-2007, 09:41 PM

my opinion is this and i apoligise if it bothers anyone, but RATM said it best in their song f*k the police. they are always pullin me over for nothing and trying to make it seem like i was doing something wrong but they never do anything but annoy me. give me the bs about "we have to search your car" and im like no and they are like "well we can cuff u and put u in the squad car until the search warrant arrives" and those bastards arent gentle with my car either they are rough and have caused damage before but since they are the police its ok. but someday i will get them back for all the crap they put me and other through

Old 06-03-2007, 10:31 PM

what reason do they give u for searching the car? they have to have probable cause to do that. if they try and search mine im just gonna say **** that and if they mess any of my **** up ill sue them

Old 06-04-2007, 01:39 AM

ORIGINAL: scc24540

my opinion is this and i apoligise if it bothers anyone, but RATM said it best in their song f*k the police. they are always pullin me over for nothing and trying to make it seem like i was doing something wrong but they never do anything but annoy me. give me the bs about "we have to search your car" and im like no and they are like "well we can cuff u and put u in the squad car until the search warrant arrives" and those bastards arent gentle with my car either they are rough and have caused damage before but since they are the police its ok. but someday i will get them back for all the crap they put me and other through
Damn where do you live that they are pulling that kind of crap?
I would never allow the police to search my car with out a warrent, I guess I would just choose to sit there till a warrent shows up. I will invoke all of my rights.

Mike.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:12 AM

and just think they show Busch on TV going down the road without his seat belt on.....
How can a cop give you a ticket when the leader of our country does not even follow the law

Old 06-04-2007, 06:46 AM

i live in danville VA sucks so badly here. and they always have some excuse like they thought they saw me leaing over to put something uner the seat ect.. but yeah screw em

Old 06-04-2007, 07:05 AM

Hey Darren -Zip
The cops just don't like you, because they envy people that drive AwesomeMonte Carlo's
It's the price we have to pay.
I hope that you have the funds to get an attorney &
fight for your innocence. [:@]A few Bad police officer's
can make it bad for all.[:@]
Give us an update on what happen's.
Good Luck,
`Space

Quick Reply: Police are cracking down on seat belt violators