Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Places You've Been ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Space
Hi `Austin & thanks 4 playing.. You've travelled a lot 4-Sure.
Where did you like the best ?
There are a few places on the east coast I've been through but I didn't remember them so I didn't mark them on the map. Where I liked best is a hard one to answer, there are a lot of places I like to visit but would never ever wish to live there.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by T444E
There are a few places on the east coast I've been through but I didn't remember them so I didn't mark them on the map. Where I liked best is a hard one to answer, there are a lot of places I like to visit but would never ever wish to live there.

LoL `Austin,
I won't ask you `why (?) you didn't remember them > LOL Why did you ? > *Sorry I lied* LOL.

I've visited your town & area on the `web & look 4ward to driving there in my future. You sure have many open roads to kick it down

Thanks for you reply...

Old 11-07-2013, 06:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Here is mine

Attached Thumbnails Places You've Been ?-image.jpg  
Old 11-07-2013, 06:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

And Canada

Attached Thumbnails Places You've Been ?-image.jpg  
Old 11-07-2013, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Space

LoL `Austin,
I won't ask you `why (?) you didn't remember them > LOL Why did you ? > *Sorry I lied* LOL.

I've visited your town & area on the `web & look 4ward to driving there in my future. You sure have many open roads to kick it down
Thanks for you reply...
Because you pass through those east coast states in like 30 minutes. Not like out here where you can drive 9 hours and be in the same state. lol

Keane made a thread when he came out here:
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/of...ictures-41303/

Old 11-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Neat thread Keane, I like activity threads, going to be interesting to see where other members have traveled during the time they have walked this earth. So far a few except Space have got out and about this great land. Well Space has been everywhere, I see space everywhere I go, some beautiful spaces, some quite vast and forbidding. Remember, where ever you go, there you are! And not all who wander are lost...

My travels in the U.S.

Like JC Colon, I too have been to the Great Pyramids on the Giza plateau. it is a humbling experience, makes one feel insignificant and small. Knowing your here for what, perhaps 75 years and then your dust not long after. And yet 5,000 years have elapsed and these structures still stand, and will do so long after we have a shovel of dirt on our faces.

My story about the pyramids, while with the 82nd we were on the Sinai peninsula with the Multinational Forces and Observers on Peace keeping duties. We did a tour to Cairo for some R&R. My friend and I ditched the rest of the guys and scheduled tour junk. We got a taxi, found some hash and went to the pyramids. To the rear are smaller queens and high priest pyramids. No one goes to these, so being vacant we entered one, loaded our can pipe, turned off our penlight and puffed a few puffs into the unknown. Who had came and went in the millennium this pyramid stood. It was pretty mystical in it's own right, and it was a cool thing to do, get high in a pyramid, heh heh heh.

We found a older local guy, gave him a few piaster’s to show us around. He took us to a locked wrought iron gate at an excavations site a few hundred yards in front of the center "Cheops" pyramid. With our military issued penlight's on, and the lanyard clenched between our teeth we climbed over the gate and descended a rebar ladder into a deep, dark vast cavern. The darkness swallowed up our light beam, so we dared not venture far from the ladder. One could hear running water and we came across a large sarcophagus. When the penlight was off you could literally not see your hand 1" in front of your face. We were buzzed and was like, lets get back up there, it was creepy and yet fascinating to do things most tourists do not try. At the pyramids they take pictures using your camera sitting on their camel for like a buck, then they try to charge you another buck to have the camel lower itself for you to get off, lol, we just jumped off. One guy pulled his gerber and said let me off or I will stab it's neck, he let him down pretty quick. LOL hell were the 82nd Abn not some lame ol tourists to extort.

Our taxi driver took us to some of his buddies ruins, he brings them people and they show us some hieroglyphs,they split the take. So he took us to this ruins, his friend greets us, takes us inside and rapidly shows us the colorful hieroglyphs on the walls. When he gets us into a back room we turn around to exit and he says "Now you must pay" we were like okay cool heres a few piaster’s. He says NO more, we were like whatever this is all your getting. Then 2 guys step to block the doorway with crossed arms. I was in the fight mode then, hair up and was straight armed the guide, forward elbowed the guy on the right, pushed the guy on the left aside and was like "Your not getting nothing now!" And we left, the taxi driver tried to get us to give them something and I insisted NO! Hell were 82nd F'n Airborne, US Paratroopers, screw them, and we left. LOL crazy days. I have so many more stories from Panama, S. Korea, Germany, England. I kind of miss those days in a hard way. To much fun, concerts and partying with the locals.

Me on top of the smaller pyramid we got a buzz in.

And I again in front of one of the Great Pyramids:

Our local guide, cool older guy, out to hustle a few bucks. Knew alot of info for sure

Some of the ruins in front of the pyramid by the wrought iron gate we went over and the cavern we went down into

Of course the Sphinx in the forground during its excavation in 83

Our U.S. Army dive shack on the Red Sea between Egypt and Israel. We had wind surfers and all the beer, smoke you wanted. Total peace out there on a wind surfer . Lay down the sail in the middle of Nama bay, pull out a bowl, spark it, pick up the sail and off you go again.

Jumping off cliffs into the Red sea was so cool, 15, 20, 40, 50 ft.

Out at the beach drinking and snorkeling, those were the days of paece and no wars, easy Army.

Me riding into battle on a Bedouin Bob's "Ship of the desert" by our base camp at Sharm El Sheik Egypt

A great leap of mine into the abyss, no injuries, tuck and roll, execute a good PLF soldier. Okay there was water below. jheesh I'm not that crazy.

And finally a shot about graduation day at jump school. Hit it SSg. Hubbs, 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 11-07-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Seems some of you have certainly been around I hope in my life I can greatly expand my travels. I hope one day I can afford to just travel the country. So many places I love to drive and see. My grandmother (grandfather too I think) Have spent time in every single state, I always remember her saying that.

I know my dad has been around as well, he was in the Navy on the USS Saratoga as a machine man. Not sure on the places he went for sure, but I know he's told me before.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

ok here is my wonderings
Some I was not sure of so left blank

Because we did the route 66 trip in the Deuce was in and out of some sates without realizing it

Old 11-08-2013, 07:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Zippy some awesome places you've been to

Old 11-08-2013, 08:46 AM

Hi `Keane, thanks again for starting this thread & thanks member's for sharing.

I really enjoy this thread 4-Sure..`Greg > Thanks for sharing your amazing adventures 4-Sure

Quick Reply: Places You've Been ?