Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Pizza yum :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 03:20 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Chicago style Pizza is the best! Gonna warm up some Gino's East deep dish tonight for dinner!

Old 10-22-2011, 04:02 PM

Green Lanterns in Warren MI is absolutely amazing, any of the Michigan members go there?

Old 10-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Default pizza

Love me some pizza with a Sam Adams Black Lager or Cream Stout !
We have several good Pizzarias in town ( Little Rock ) Shotgun Dan's. Irianas,Guisanos,Brunos and Larry's Pizza. But my favorite comes from a place called U.S. Pizza. They have a nice traditional thin crust baked with olive oil and makes all the difference. Yummmmmmmy !

Old 10-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Love me some pizza too. With some ice cold pepsi to wash it down. The pizza chains are okay. But we have some authentic italian pizzarrias and italian restaurants here in Windsor. And around here, they really can't be beat by any of the popular chains.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:11 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

had me a pizza in a box (frozen) tonight..... it was better than nothing, considering I have zero cooking skills. Eating is overrated in my mind.......

Old 10-24-2011, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
Eating is overrated in my mind.......
I tend to agree. There are three things that are required to sustain life that I think are a huge waste of time. Sleeping, eating, and pooping. I can think of a whole lot of things I would prefer to do than that.

As far as pizza goes I like Papa Johns hawaiian pizza. There sauce is sweet. I also like homemade. It is one of the few dishes I can actually make. I like english muffin pizza too.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:38 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Lol i have no cooking skills as well, got me a lil ceasers pizza for dinner

Old 10-25-2011, 12:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I love Pizza and could eat it several times a week. We have a ton of pizza places around here. New York style, Chicago style, wood fired brick oven, classic Italian and of course all the pizza chains. There are so many that the Papa johns went out of business a few months ago. My favorite is a place called B&C,a local place that serves a thicker Chicago style pizza with the toppings under the cheese. I like to make my own at home too tho.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
I love a good meat lovers pizza (pepperoni, sausage, bacon, ham) and I also love a good barbecue chicken pizza! Both are great!

And sometimes the BEST places to get pizza from are the small mom-n-pop type places. But some of the big chains are good too. I tend to like Pizza Hut AND Papa Johns.

For those reading this in the Cleveland area, there is a place about 45-60 minutes from me on Memphis Ave in Brooklyn Ohio known as Dina's! AWESOME FOOD (not just pizza)! And they DON'T SKIMP on toppings! Any time me and my friends go out that way for something else (like car shows at the IX Center), we make a Dina's stop on thew way home. <Drool>
I don't really care for any of the national chains...East of Chicago is decent. I have found a couple good local places here in Strongsville that have good pizza. A Slice Above is really good and specializes in pizzas with unique and exotic toppings. And Geppetto's has really good pizza. There's also a popular chain that's only in Ohio called Pisanello's Pizza and they are very good.

The best pizza I've found was in Bowling Green, OH at Myles Pizza Pub. The pizza's are huge, super deep dish, it's like slicing a cake, and so good. I can only eat 2 pieces before slumping into food coma. If anyone is ever over that way it is a must stop, it is an experience. http://www.yelp.com/biz/myles-pizza-...-bowling-green

I'll have to check out Dina's and Latitude 41. Thanks for the recommendations.

The local grocery store carrys sauce and dough that is made in Little Italy in Cleveland and are superb for making your own, very fresh and tasty.

Last edited by Nocturnx; 10-25-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:44 PM
Default shotgun dan's pizza

Found this photo of a Pizza from "Shotgun Dan's. Very good pizza.
Three slices and you are full..........

Quick Reply: Pizza yum :)