Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Pictures of your Monte on a strnge site

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 06:42 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Pictures of your Monte on a strnge site

Have you ever found pictures of your monte on a site you did not belong to or post pictures to?

I did last night. Now i know that every thing posted on-line is not safe from pirating but look here:
Modified Chevrolet Monte Carlo 2006 Pictures » Modified Cars

I swear I do not belong to this site or post to it. I think they got the pics from Cardomain.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow. I don't know if you should be honored or ticked off Tadd. I looked around quickly to see if they were offering hi-res pics of your car for sale. But no mention of money anywhere. Which is how I think they get away with it, without asking you first.

I ran across my car being used on a moviecodec forum. Some guy needed a picture of a red monte and my car came up in his google search. Another guy replied, "A Dale Jr Monte Carlo? If that's not redneck... lol"

Old 12-07-2011, 08:09 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Wow. I don't know if you should be honored or ticked off Tadd. I looked around quickly to see if they were offering hi-res pics of your car for sale. But no mention of money anywhere. Which is how I think they get away with it, without asking you first.

I ran across my car being used on a moviecodec forum. Some guy needed a picture of a red monte and my car came up in his google search. Another guy replied, "A Dale Jr Monte Carlo? If that's not redneck... lol"

Ya my first reaction was how much is he getting for the photos but guess they are free. So not too ticked off.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:43 AM

Email them and ask them to remove them...if that's something you didn't give permission to.
Also to add, he may not 'be asking for money' up front.
But he's making money by the ads he has on his site, the site that attracts monte/or car enthusiasts.
So HE IS making money of your pictures.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:25 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Man thats crazy, i found my truck for sale on auto trader once someone was trying to pull a scam

Old 12-07-2011, 09:46 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

We had an incident like this on the Jeff Gordon forums about two years ago. A guy took the pictures off the Jeff Gordon website of the President of the organizations car sitting on Daytona Beach, a couple of the promotional pictures by Chevrolet, and was trying to sell the car. Someone else on the forum sent him a message acting "interested" and wanting to "see the car" and he told them the car was "packaged and sitting on the port in Peterburg, FL ready to ship to the port of your choice." Then gave a big rant about how the car had been verified by x, y, and z, clean car fax, yada yada, assuring us that the car was exactly what he claimed it was.

Then there was a guy on the Torino forum who tried to sell a '70 Torino with pictures of a car that Richard Petty was building just before they switched to Plymouth for '70 and ended up not using the car... tried to claim those were the photos of the restoration!!!!

The real joke? The car was originally the Calypso Orange color, yet it was painted silver, allegedly an original 429 Super Cobra Jet car. How much did he want? $175,000. We speculate it was a "Wife's ultimatum, it goes or I do." And he said "Well we're not letting it go for a penny less than what it is worth, and it is worth this outrageous amount of money."

And just for the record, if anyone wants to spend $175,000 on a Torino, they can buy mine. Don't like the color? I'll repaint it any color you desire before I personally deliver it to your home anywhere in the continental US or Canada. I know a guy who has a '69 Cobra with the original 428 and all parts there for it, just needs a complete restoration... I'll swing by his place and pick it up, restore that, and have a better car than I had in the first place.... implement al lthe little things I learned along the way and those "If I had it to do over again, I'd do it this way." Yeap....

Offer stands, my '68 Torino GT, $175,000, first to write a check gets it. Heck, I'll throw in a Monte Carlo for that price....

Old 12-07-2011, 09:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

OK man so i did a quick goggle search for 2001 Monte Carlo SS and i get this pic and link mine is a t shirt

Google Image Result for http://www.sacredwaste.com/c/custom_2001_monte_carlo_ss_photosculpture-p153041120834535169z7s3g_400.jpg

Old 12-07-2011, 09:57 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Blazed SS
OK man so i did a quick goggle search for 2001 Monte Carlo SS and i get this pic and link mine is a t shirt

Google Image Result for http://www.sacredwaste.com/c/custom_2001_monte_carlo_ss_photosculpture-p153041120834535169z7s3g_400.jpg

Now that sucks...Mine is a tee too but the guy asked permission and promised $$ on sales (never got any yet)

Old 12-07-2011, 10:02 AM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
Old 12-07-2011, 10:04 AM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member