Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

The Perfect Tribute Car...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 02:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010
Thumbs up The Perfect Tribute Car...

I saw this car at The Lot last month but was unable to get good pics of it, so once I saw that it came to this show & was out in the sunlight, I took several pics of it. This Mach 1 is absolutely gorgeous & is the perfect tribute car. Who better to make a tribute car for then those men & women who have served the country in the past & who are still doing it to this day. These people have endured all types of hardships & I have recently thought about joining the Navy, but I decided that I wouldn’t be able to handle it. I have come from a long line of people who have dedicated their time to the military & I can only imagine what all these people have sacrificed to help give us the freedoms that we have today. So here’s to you!

btw it is a custom graphic body wrap, not painted on the car...

Old 10-12-2010, 02:41 PM

Was that paint, or vinyl? Almost has the sheen of vinyl.

Pretty cool.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:24 PM

I'm sure he's proud to drive, and i am not- at - all taking away from those who serve, but i don't like the wrap at all.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:43 PM

Well part of me thinks maybe a company owns it bcuz it sounds like they only take it to hugee shows & special events, & last time there was a girl sitting next to it & this time there was a guy sitting by it so idk. They said a couple weeks ago they took it to some sort of event at Scott Air Force Base

Old 10-12-2010, 07:21 PM

Something America would have been just fine.
Something along the lines of the graphics that a member just recently removed from his 84(?) Monte SS clone.(according to member)

Old 10-12-2010, 08:37 PM

i respect them for what they are doing with supporting the soldiers, but in my opinion they ruined the car.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:57 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I admire what they did and the message they're trying to convey to others.

It's their car. They can do witgh it as they please.

Two fridays ago we attended a large (for my area) cruise-in, in New Carlisle, OH. A man & woman had their Magnum Wagon decorated in remembrance of their son who lost his life serving this country. Debbie & I both took several photos of the car. It was very touching to see scenes that included their lost son. I remember hearing or reading about this car someplace. That a company in the area did the graphics work on the car.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:42 PM

See personally I don't think it's about the car itself, it's what it represents. Part of me thinks it should've been a Camaro but that could prob just be bcuz I'm a Chevy person lol. & besides look at it this way, at least it's doing a good thing instead of being ghetto'ed out or sitting in a junk yard rotting to pieces. Check out this airbrushed beauty...the talent of people just amazes me!
http://www.victorymusclecars.com/?p=4889

Old 10-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

that looks totally badazz

Old 10-12-2010, 10:15 PM

Looked awesome in person

Quick Reply: The Perfect Tribute Car...