Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Paul Walker passed away

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 10:06 PM
1 Year Member
Default Paul Walker passed away

Hey everyone so I'm sure everyone here may have already heard since it seems like everyone is talking about it. I just found out a few minutes ago that Paul Walker passes away today in a car crash. For those who don't know, he was one of the big stars in The Fast and the Furious series. I just figured I would post this up for anyone who may have not known who also may care. I don't normally get bothered by celebrity deaths but for some reason this one has gotten to me a bit. It may be because I have watched ever Fast and the Furious movie at least 30 times. They aren't amazing movies but I can't help it being a car guy and all. Especially when the first one came out when I was still little. That movie kind of kick started my love of cars. My prayers go out to his family. It sucks when anyone passes away.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by iMuf
Hey everyone so I'm sure everyone here may have already heard since it seems like everyone is talking about it. I just found out a few minutes ago that Paul Walker passes away today in a car crash. For those who don't know, he was one of the big stars in The Fast and the Furious series. I just figured I would post this up for anyone who may have not known who also may care. I don't normally get bothered by celebrity deaths but for some reason this one has gotten to me a bit. It may be because I have watched ever Fast and the Furious movie at least 30 times. They aren't amazing movies but I can't help it being a car guy and all. Especially when the first one came out when I was still little. That movie kind of kick started my love of cars. My prayers go out to his family. It sucks when anyone passes away.
I'm literally watching the first one for the first time right now. Kind of ironic, I started it right before I figured out who he was.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I knobi love the whole series won't be the same without him

Old 12-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Unhappy "Paul Walker"

R.I.P.
Sadly, human beings are fragile & break or fade away. It's always sad when someone departs before their time for a multitude of reasons. Forty (40) years young. What `if ?

To me it's another reminder to live your `Present, your Now 4-Sure

Last edited by Space; 12-01-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:08 PM

I was as well saddened by his death. Always a HUGE fan of not only the Fast and the Furious movies (seen them all), but Paul as well. The movies will definitely not be the same without him. Dont know what they will do with 7. Will they finish filming it or cancel it?

Either way, Fast and the Furious will not be the same. He will be missed. RIP Paul Walker

Old 12-01-2013, 02:23 PM
1 Year Member

I also want to know what they will do with the movie. I'm sure they will find some way to finish it, because I think everyone knows that he would want the show to go on. Probably the thing that makes this worse is that you read and hear about how much he didn't act like a star. Everyone says he was a really respectful and down to earth guy which is something that is tough to find in actors it seems like. And I think that's why this has gotten to me more then really any other celebrity death. Most celebs who pass away you hear about how big of a jerk they are or how they did drugs and all that stuff. But the fact that Paul acted like a "normal" guy who just happened to be in the wrong car at the wrong time makes it that much worse.

Old 12-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

the old saying is true, only the good die young. I was a fan of the fast and furious movies, I also like his movie Timeline again not the greatest of acting by all involved but still good (sorry he was type cast for me as the fast and furious guy, kind of like Christopher Reeve and superman). Ironic that he would die in a car crash considering the rise to his fame as being a bad *** car driver. Still a tragedy.

Old 12-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have not seen his movies nor am I familiar with him until now. It is sad to see the videos and pictures of his crash. A terrible way to go. I know this is very hard on his family and friends for sure.

Old 12-01-2013, 06:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

What a loss at such a young age..
I just happen to watch the The fast and the furious the other day...
Ive also watched the sequels... I guess you could say.. I was a fan.

My deepest regards to his family and close friends...

Old 12-02-2013, 12:47 AM

rip

Quick Reply: Paul Walker passed away