Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

the past five years of my life.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Red face the past five years of my life.

Before i got this dream job, i did two years of O.C.M. BOCES (which is me going to highschool for half a day and then going to a seperate facility to work on cars for the rest of the day) that basically started my career choice out.

Then i went through a two year internship at tony rotellas body shop, it was a great experience although no money for two years with that .

Then through boces i heard about wyotech institute and went there for a year, i studied in...
-basic auto collision repair
-advanced auto collision repair
Both classes covered everything from buffing and detailing and painting to frame work and electrical, they covered everything.
-advanced street rod and custom fabrication
This class is strictly for cars from the 30's-79' and we learned all the oldschool techniques like using the english wheel, bead roller, leading, planishing hammer, pullmax, power hammer, "breaks", MIG, TIG, Stick and acetalyne welding. (let me tell you acetalyne welding is not to easy haha)
i also made a custom hood for a old 40's plymouth, that took about a couple of months because i was a baby in the industry at that point lol. also learned painting tricks like pinstriping, fading, stripes, etc. etc.
-advanced trim and upholstery
With this class i learned how to completely refinish interiors in cars such as, headliners suspension and non, dash boards, door panels, seats, carpet, and everything on the inside. i also learned how to fiberglass mold certain interior aspects such as dashes and kicker panels with speakers and what not. also welded a dash with gauges and all. sewing machines to embroidery and raised lettering.

And now i work at performance auto body on 826 west belden avenue in syracuse new york. i am currently painting and installing a body kit on a 2000 BMW 328i CI and let me tell you, cheap body kits are a pain in the *BEEP*... ive completely rebuilt the front end and engine on a 2007 subaru STI which took a while and i am also restoring a 1969 camaro.

my life is pretty good right now and am hoping to have this job for quite a while

sorry for the novel lol

Old 09-13-2011, 01:53 PM

Great Job !!!!

Old 09-13-2011, 01:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's a shame you aren't closer to me, you could do some work on an award winning Monte

Old 09-13-2011, 02:04 PM

This sounds sweet, after college I'd love to flip cars for extra cash It seems like you have the perfect talent set for that! The sky is the limit

Old 09-13-2011, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
It's a shame you aren't closer to me, you could do some work on an award winning Monte
oh yea! i would love that! where abouts are you located?

Old 09-13-2011, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by oneslowmonte
This sounds sweet, after college I'd love to flip cars for extra cash It seems like you have the perfect talent set for that! The sky is the limit
the sky has no limit lol but thank you and its great ive enjoyed my life by just doing what i love and ive only just turned 20 years old! everyone says that having a job that you love getting up for everymorning is the 4th most inportant thing, the other three is family, friends, and a companion... still working on that last one

Old 09-13-2011, 02:33 PM

i went to B.O.C.E.S.! i went for autobody like 2 years ago!

Old 09-13-2011, 02:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Southeast PA lol.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
southeast pa lol.
roadtrip! :d

Old 09-13-2011, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Monte
i went to B.O.C.E.S.! i went for autobody like 2 years ago!
before boces i didnt even know i wanted to even look at a car! boces gave me a push out of the ditch and now im back on the road to life with me in the drivers seat

Quick Reply: the past five years of my life.