Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Have you driven uder the influence of drugs/alcohol ?
yes, a few times
0%
Never
0%
Use 2 when I was younger>Not Now<
100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

>Over 92K Hit & Run Accidents in Florida 2015 >WoW<

Old 02-14-2016, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Angry >Over 92K Hit & Run Accidents in Florida 2015 >WoW<

** Sorry 4 the mis-spell on the poll (I'm under the influence)

DRIVING SAFETY >Member's (?) were you surprised by that # of 92,000 Hit & Run's ? >I was

HIT AND RUN – BAD TO WORSE

Hi Member's, How is it in your State or Canada ?

I was doing insurance research for my company because of the high increase in Company Vehicle Insurance cost & Found the below information. I was also surprise on how many driver's are out on the highways without a driver license or never had one.

Vandalism is also way up & climbing Makes me really think about getting a new car or having a nice car... I think there's just to many in the USA now that don't obey the laws & to many that break them. It's very sad to me... What do you think ?

Your Turn >Sound `OFF<

Florida has seen the amount Hit and Run crashes remain steady over the years. Although the majority of Hit and Run crashes only result in property damage, more than 180 people were killed in hit and run crashes in 2015.* The DHSMV Florida Highway Patrol partners with the Florida Sheriffs Association, the Florida Police Chiefs Association, Students Against Destructive Decisions and the Florida Department of Transportation to combat the problem. The “Bad to Worse” campaign aims to reduce the number of hit and run crashes in Florida by educating drivers on their responsibilities if involved in a crash and the consequences they face if they leave a crash scene.
If you have information on a hit and run crash vehicle and/or driver, you can report it anonymously to Crime Stoppers.

A few hit and run facts for Florida*:
  • In 2015, there were more than 92,000 hit and run crashes in Florida.
  • Of those, the Florida Highway Patrol worked more than 23,000.
  • Each year the percent of hit and run crashes stays steady, which means the problem of people fleeing the scene isn’t getting better.
  • There were more than 19,000 injuries resulting from hit and run crashes, with over 1,200 of those involving serious bodily injury.
  • Vulnerable road users are particularly at risk. In fact, there were 186 hit and run fatalities in 2015, over half of which were pedestrians.
  • Approximately one out of every four pedestrian crashes resulted in the driver leaving the scene.
  • Under Florida law, a driver MUST stop immediately at the scene of a crash on public or private property which results in injury or death.
  • More than 80 percent of hit and run crashes result in property damage only.
  • If a driver flees the scene, the situation becomes even worse. Leaving the scene of a crash is a felony and a driver, when convicted, will have their license revoked for at least three years and can be sentenced to a mandatory minimum of four years in prison.
  • In 2015, 18-27 year olds received over a third of all hit and run citations issued, 70 percent of which were written for males.
  • The most important thing a driver can do when they are involved in a crash is to remain at the scene and call for help. Staying at the scene will not only spare a driver significant legal penalties, but may save a life.
  • The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles encourages drivers to keep their eyes on the road, hands on the wheel and mind on driving.

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 02-14-2016 at 05:14 PM. Reason: ***Sorry 4 another mis-spell (Under) the influence
Old 02-14-2016, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Lightbulb Member's Be safe out there on your Highways of life >Drive Defensively<

One in 10 motorists drives without a license, expert says ...

www.tampabay.com/...drives-without...license.../1189...
Tampa Bay Times

- When drivers get caught defying license suspensions, civil matters turn into criminal ones. ... Losing a license could be easier than many people realize. ... If it goes unpaid, then the Florida Department of Highway Safety and ...

www.madd.org/statistics/
Mothers Against Drunk Driving

Each day, people drive drunk almost 300,000 times, but fewer than 4,000 are ... In 2012, 10.3 million people reported driving under the influence of illicit drugs in the past ... Washington, DC: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, July 2002. ... Of those 1,149 fatalities, 200 (17%) occurred in alcohol-impaired-driving ...

https://ncadd.org/...
National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence

Jun 26, 2015 - FACT: On average, two in three people will be involved in a drunk ... Consuming alcohol prior to driving greatly increases the risk of car accidents, highwayinjuries, and ... Being convicted of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol ... the effects impact not only impaired drivers, but many, many others.

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 02-14-2016 at 04:56 PM.

Search this Thread