Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 08:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Opinions

Hey guys i have a question, i've been saving to buy a newer monte and i've reached my financil goal. But my original plan was to get serious after the new year. But i constantly look for cars and i found one i really like that is exactly what i want. My question is, take a look at this car and let me know what you guys think, pick it over. I'm trying to decide if i should stick with my original plan of waiting until after the new year, or if i should pounce on this car while its there. Thanks

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged, $10,888 - Cars.com

Old 11-30-2012, 08:35 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey if you like it, and can get it now, snag it! especially if it is the same color and everything you want!

Old 11-30-2012, 08:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My first thought, too much money. (just look at the KBB values on that same site, they say for EXCELLENT it should be 10,200, and that car is not excellent at all)

The car looks pretty clean, and the mileage is low enough that when you buy it you can flush all of the fluids and probably have a strong car... but if you could score it for 8,000-8,500k worth it.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:44 AM
5 Year Member

That was one of my thoughts is the price is kind of high. But it doesn't look too bad, some of the buttons are worn off, not much else i'm seeing wrong. But i appreciate the input

Old 11-30-2012, 08:46 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Price is a lil high but its a great color combo prob the best there is i say try to work a deal with em

Old 11-30-2012, 08:47 AM
5 Year Member

best color combo there is

Old 11-30-2012, 08:47 AM

why not just get a wrecked ss and do an engine swap

Old 11-30-2012, 08:51 AM

Hi `Keane, that's a beautiful Monte Carlo 4-Sure...
Mod `Mike, I think the price is high because it's a Ford Dealer & they price them high so that they can give you more for your trade & make you believe that you are getting a good deal ? ?
+ it helps them do the loan...

The only thing that concerns me is that this Monte has had 5 previous owners (?) The Car Fax states it does have 17 service records, but 5 different owners would concern me about this Monte..(Does it have hidden problems)...
Is it possible that all 5 owners did not abuse this Monte ? Abused cars can look great after a professional detail ?

^ Looks like they never detailed the engine or that no one ever waxed it ? Poor detail 4-Sure ^
Look like it may have been painted b-4...The rubber guards for the hood are painted blue & should be black rubber ?

I do like it, but I would sure do a lot of homework & really check it out b-4 I signed any paperwork..

Good Luck `Keane 4-Sure

http://cars.oodle.com/chevrolet-mont..._supercharged/
^
Click to check out others on the web 4-Sale...

Last edited by Space; 11-30-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

HI Keane; 1st of all Pictures don't tell the truth. So I can't tell you anything really. Have you looked at it ? Take it for a ride and see how it handles and listen to it. Check all the fluids before hand. Look under it. Check out the trunk and pull out the tire cover and look for leaks. Smell the carpet and see if the person was a smoker or if the carpet was once WET ! Smell the oil see if it smells burnt. Same with the trans fluid is it pink ? Does it smell bad ? Then If you like it enough go for it. Nothing is perfect out there. The price is a little high but not bad. Don't trade in anything. they will ripe you a NEW ONE! if you have a car to sell. Sell it out right. OR don't tell the dealer till the last min . See if he's really giving you a Square deal or not. LOOKS GOOD from the pictures. Love the color combo ...Let us know what you do....

Old 11-30-2012, 09:32 AM
5 Year Member

@tps, an engine swap to me would not be worth the time effor and money to my current car, be simplier to just get a newer car. I'm not doing it just because its supercharged, i'm doing it because i'd also like a newer car.

Space i'm curious, how'd you find out how many owners it's had? And i agree that does seems a bit much for just 73k miles. The dealer is like 100 something miles away, so if i were to go i'd make sure i was pretty serious. Still thinking about it, leaning towards being smart and sticking with my original plan, but we shall see. Thanks for the inputs guys.

Quick Reply: Opinions