Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

OPEC refuses to increase oil production $ $ : (

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 06:30 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default OPEC refuses to increase oil production $ $ : (

[align=center]The price of gas is going `up again : ([/align][align=center]It's a major factor in my search for another car.[/align][align=center]I don't want a V-8, `if I can't afford to drive `it.[/align][align=center]My work associate got `gas this morning & it[/align][align=center]was $3.40 a gal for prem : ([/align][align=center]

for regular a gal.
BP
Sebastian
Wed
5:12 AM
ochmewa

10001 US-1 Florida[/align][align=center](I don't think it's going to get lower [X(])[/align][align=center]Is the price of gas affecting your travels ?[/align][align=center][:-][:@][:-][/align][align=center]

OPEC refuses to increase oil production, the smug bastards!
theseminal.com —[/i] For a little while, OPEC will make bank on the spike in oil prices, sending Americans a powerful reminder that we are still beholden to foreign countries for our energy.[:@] Let the smiling face of OPEC President Chakib Khelil be the newest advertisement for creating and investing in an alternative, renewable, and totally homegrown energy supply.

Submitted:
13 hr 57 min ago
http://www.oxfordprinceton.com/dib/d...e+Oil+Industry
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

[hr]

[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]
Search by US Zip Code or City, State
Gas Prices by State/Province

SELECT A LOCATION TO VIEW TODAYS LOW AND HIGH GAS PRICES

United States Average Gas Prices

[:-]

See the whole list of prices from all the State and Metro sites

Canada Average Gas Prices

See the whole list of prices from all the Province and Metro sites[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]

Old 03-06-2008, 08:23 AM
Default RE: OPEC refuses 2 increase oil production : (

[align=center] [/align]
$4-a-gallon gas? Predictions surprise's Bush
seattletimes.nwsource.com —[/i] The price of gas will continue to rise in the summer months, although Bush seems surprised by the $4- $5 a-gallon prediction of experts.
Bush tap dances while waiting for McCain.
(What type of med's is our President `on ?)
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
Today, President Bush is meeting with Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) for lunch at the White House, where he is expected to endorse his presidential bid. He was so excited for the meeting that, while waiting for McCain to arrive, Bush stood outside on the North Portico and entertained the press corps by tap dancing, doing a goofy walk, winking, and smiling. Watch it: Yeap, that's our Prez : )
[align=center][/align]
MSNBC’s Tameron Hall was so distracted by Bush’s antics that she interrupted her guest to say, “I’m sorry, this alert just in. The President was tap dancing. … I don’t think I’ve seen him in a better mood.â€
He doesn't have to worry about `gas...he's a Rich Texan
UPDATE: Michael D. Shear of the Washington Post has more on Bush’s dancing and maybe smoking something ?
Yes, he's the one in Control of the USA.WoW
What a Country : )
This makes `Space Sad/Mad [:@]Frustrated! [X(]

Click below to see our President Tap Dance
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/03/05/bush-dances-again/

Old 03-06-2008, 12:19 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I heard on the radio yesterday Bush commented unless OPEC wants it's largest customer to look for alternatives and possibly demand to fall they need to re-consider their decision.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: rj

I heard on the radio yesterday Bush commented unless OPEC wants it's largest customer to look for alternatives and possibly demand to fall they need to re-consider their decision.
Bush need a legacy. Getting on their ***** over oil prices would be a good one.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:36 PM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

ORIGINAL: rj

Bush need a legacy. Getting on their ***** over oil prices would be a good one.
[/align][align=center]LOL Don't Worry R.J./GP`Dave/Members[/align][align=center]VP Cheney is groom'in McCain to fix things for us : )[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The Bum's & I have been research'in the investment of a House : ([/align][align=center]We shall `Pray, that we elect the right person to lead us out of despair [X(][/align]

Old 03-06-2008, 12:40 PM

Don't Worry Member's, I have things in control [:-]
Now, just stay in there, and stop talk'in....I'd put you in charge of Empty `Space, that should keep you busy...[]

Old 03-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

As for increasing oil production, why should they? At $104 per barrel today, compared to about a year ago when it was $50-$60 per barrel. They're making money hand over fist. And the threat about getting oil elsewhere? It was reported on CNN and other sources, that the U.S. makes up 50% of the world's demand for oil. There's no way the U.S. can totally boycott the oil supply in the middle east.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be able to tell all the middle east countries to take their oil and shove it. But until we (the world) come up with a viable replacement fuel, we are going to be dependant on middle eastern oil.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:03 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well, the Mini Cooper helps. I still have to put premium in it but it only has a 13 gallon gas tank. With my type of bad rush hour city driving, I can go 2 weeks on one tank of gas. I still think my Monte with the 3800 gets pretty good gas mileage too.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:53 PM

I say lets jack up the cost of all of our exports to these countries and see how they like getting screwed over. $3/gal for milk... not anymore. Let's charge them $10/gal for milk. Wouldn't be too long before they bitch about getting screwed over. Milk is just an example of course.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:34 PM

ORIGINAL: 76MonteMan

I say lets jack up the cost of all of our exports to these countries and see how they like getting screwed over. $3/gal for milk... not anymore. Let's charge them $10/gal for milk. Wouldn't be too long before they bitch about getting screwed over. Milk is just an example of course.
Wouldn't work. You can get the milk from other countries. Where are we going to get oil from? There are other places but they still can't fill our demand. We would need to drill in Alaska which I am really against but something we need to do.

Quick Reply: OPEC refuses to increase oil production $ $ : (