Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

One of many `Dreams

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 08:29 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default One of many `Dreams

[align=center]"To `Dare 2 `Dream"[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]2009 Aston Martin Vantage V8

Before James Bond drove on screen in a Q-modified Aston Martin DB5, few Americans knew of this venerable British Marque. But since that 1964 screen debut, a lot of intrigue has surrounded the brand itself, being sold twice, before ending up with Ford and now back as a stand alone car maker. But, thanks to Ford, Aston Martin escaped this turmoil with their best cars ever. And this week we test their latest update, the Vantage V8.
The 2009 Aston Martin Vantage V8 is the "Brit" brands entry level car. Of course in the world of Aston Martin, entry level still means a solid 6-figure price tag.
But you dont have to break the bank $$ at Monte Carlo to recognize the sheer beauty and strength of our test Vantage Coupe, and its companion Roadster.
Unchanged from its 2005 debut are the sleek, distinctive lines that epitomize understated English style and sophistication; from the traditional Aston grille, to the slick upswept tail. [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]But, beneath its lightweight aluminum, composite and magnesium skin spins one of many technical upgrades for 2009; a bored and stroked, Jaguar derived twin-cam 32-valve V8. At 4.7-liters, it is exclusive to Aston, pumping out 420 horsepower and 346 pound-feet of torque. That's 40 horses and 44 pound-feet more than the previous 4.3-liter. [/align][align=center]To harness that power, the Vantage gets a revised 6-speed manual with lower mass flywheel, or our test car's Sportshift, which uses the same rear transaxle but adds an automatic clutch. Along with "comfort" and "sport" throttle mapping, new Sportshift software uses steering and other inputs to determine whether to shift in fast corners and on down-hills, or just hold the current gear.
The extra power and trick gearbox allows the 3,595 pound Vantage to hit 60 in a rapid 4.7 seconds. The Sportshift's best show comes in "sport mode," with "comfort" gearchanges on the lazy side.
But the Vantage V8 really comes alive when the road become challenging. The Coupe has a reworked suspension, including stiffer springs and new Bilstein shocks. Some beefier parts from the Roadster were also imported. The result is a grand touring Coupe that delivers a true sports car experience.
Wheels are new design 19-inch 20-spoke alloys. Lighter 5-spoke wheels with even stiffer shocks and revised rear anti-roll bar are part of the optional Sports Pack. But, be prepared for a race track ready ride.
Even in wet and windy weather appropriate to its English origins, our standard fitment Vantage V8 proved to be both comfortable and remarkably sure footed. The standard electronic stability control and traction control minimize wheel spin without intruding on the driving experience. Revised suspension bushings help deliver sharper steering as well.
Like other Astons we have driven there is a touch of front push on corner entry, but a blip of the throttle restores the superb balance. While a stab of the brake pedal delivers serious deceleration, with plenty of feedback from the 14-inch front discs and radial mount 4-piston calipers.
The one wrinkle in Vantage performance is in fuel economy. Government fuel economy ratings are 13 city/19 highway on premium gas. We managed 13.6 miles-per gallon. So Vantage drivers are advised to steer clear of Sierra Club meetings. [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]But while unmistakable looks and performance are integral parts of the Aston appeal, a healthy dose of interior luxury is also important. [/align][align=center]The low roof and seats means that entry for the tall or wide requires a bit of acrobatics. But once in the twin leather buckets, all of our drivers found superb support and long haul comfort.
A redesigned center dash, now largely shared with the DB9, presents a more organized control layout. It centers on a port for the new glass and stainless steel ECU electronic ignition key.
Naturally there are plenty of goodies like automatic climate controls, a somewhat confusing satellite navigation system, even a pen holder - but only enough luggage space for a weekend getaway; a mere 5.0 cubic feet.
Still that's big enough to hold $119,500 dollars in winnings, which is the Vantage V8 Coupe's base price. The Roadster starts at $132,500. But, the sky is the limit with options, so win big! [/align][align=center]And finally, yes, driving the Vantage V8 makes you almost feel like 007. That is invincible, and revered by all. But, at least, the car is no fantasy. [/align][align=center][:-]Click below to read/dream more [:-][][/align][align=center]First Drive: 2009 Aston Martin V8 Vantage - Autoblog[/align][align=center]Jul 29, 2008 ... Tags: 2009, 2009 Aston martin v8 vantage, 2009 aston martin v8 ... This article/ these pictures have me itching to take an Aston Martin on a ...
www.autoblog.com/2008/07/29/first-drive-2009-ast... - 107k - Similar pages[/align]

Old 10-05-2008, 08:47 AM
Default RE: Auto `DreamCar - Wet `1

[align=center]The `Dream continues [:-]Oh, `dreams are still `Free [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I heard they are trying to find a way to tax our dreams [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"Dreams are wherewe want 2 `go, & work is how we get there"[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"I`m working on `it"[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]4-$ure [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Green with Envy [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I don`t care `if you call me a banana `Driver lol [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I do like thRed One [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"Life, it must be `Driven"[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"It`s a great way to get to where you are going" [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"And, the dream shall continue! Watch out for `wet roads" [/align]

Old 10-05-2008, 08:57 AM

[align=center]I can`t Stop `Dreaming [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"When you Stop `Dreaming, you Stop Living" [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center] [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Jump `in, & take a `Mind Trip [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I would love 2 be the `Pilot [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]- The End -[/align][align=center]I hope that you EnJoyed my `Dream[/align][align=center][/align][align=center](I will never try to make a thread post `dream like this again with a superSlow Dial `Up connection )[X(]WoW[/align]

Old 10-05-2008, 09:13 AM

Rode in an 08 Hertz Corvette Yesterday. I must say the new corvette is something else. Amazing power.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Space! I can tell you're head is in outer space, "La La Land". You don't have a Vette desire, do you? So does Keegan, ExplosiveSoundz. That's why his awesome Intimidator SS is for sale. We took him with us on a Solstice/Sky run in Ohio last May, and the roadster bug hit him HARD! But his 6ft 4in frame just doesn't fit real well in these cars, so he's thinking one step up. HE wants a VETTE also! We fit well in our Solstice GXP, "Lucy". She's fast, light and the comradery of the Solstice/Sky owners is a gas, also. Not that Monte owners aren't kewl, cuz I've met quite a few of you at two of the Monte meets this year, but the runs, like the "Tail of the Dragon", 318 turns in 11 miles, just wouldn't be the same in a Monte. The roadster is a blast! The only thing about Vette owners that we notice, is they get together to figure out where to meet next for coffee. We get together to figure out which roads are the best to drive on. We loose one ocationally, also.

That was on the Tail of the Dragon run in '07. The driver walked away, sore arm, but otherwise unhurt.
This is us this summer:
Have fun, be safe, and don't stop dreaming!

Old 10-05-2008, 10:23 AM

LOL `Wayne,
"When I stop dreaming, I will stop living"
Sorry [X(]about all the Vettes when you viewed the page.
I just redone everything : )
The original pictures did not stick to my thread post, & I had to re-submit them
all using http.`s to get them to stick.
The dream turned in2 a MCF nighmare : ( try`ing 2 repost ,& getting knocked
`off line 2 many times.
I think member `Keegan would be super happy in a Corvette, they are awesomes
V8 Powered Machines, and `Keegan is really into power.
Especially a V8 with RWD, like your Lucy Hot Rod Solstice : )
WoW, that guy was lucky in his Solstice in your picture above : )
I think the Solstice is a little Hot Rod that has a decent price.
Still, working on my `dreams, 4-Sure : )

Old 10-05-2008, 10:25 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Sorry, no vette or aston for me

Viper acr and 430 scuderia all the way

Old 10-05-2008, 10:30 AM

[align=center][:-]Below picture from `Wayne`s Post[:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"Have fun, be safe, and don`t stop dreaming! `Wayne"[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Sure,you postfor me tobe safe,[/align][align=center]and then I see your above picture with you, & yours going around a corner[/align][align=center]with no hands on the wheel.....LOL ~ LOL Be Safe `Wayne [/align][align=center]U R not practicing, what U R preach`in : ) LOL 4-Sure [8D][/align][align=center]Peace/Out [8D][/align]

Old 10-05-2008, 10:34 AM

Hi Members,
I think this is what could happen is you drive around corners
with both hands off the steering wheel, & into the `air
[:-]
I was always taught 2 keep both hands on the wheel LOL ~ LOL
Wayne, thanks for the `laughs, made my `morning : )
Peace/Out/`Space

Old 10-05-2008, 10:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Enzo354

Sorry, no vette or aston for me

Viper acr and 430 scuderia all the way
Hi Brock,
Ok, your dream doesn`t have to be about a Vette, or a Aston.
Dreams are free for everyone, until our government finds
a way to take them away or tax them : )
The Aston, is just one of my `dreams, I have so many
it could fill up all the empty `spaces : )
I also like the Vipers/Scuderia.
My last rain`ie `Dream just happened to be about the
posted Aston : )

Quick Reply: One of many `Dreams