Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

omg how depressing! ~warning animal rant

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 10:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010
Unhappy omg how depressing! ~warning animal rant

So yeah I was just chilling & looking up a place that me & my family are prob going to go to again in the next couple weeks (Wild Animal Safari). & so I was looking through the animals to see what all animals they have gotten since the last time we were there & i'm hella excited now bcuz I'm gonna be seeing a Liger, Hartman Zebra, Wildebeest, Water Buffalo, Grey Wolf (Timberwolf), & best of all pet a Scimitar-Horned Oryx for the first time in person! I'm soo excited! Well my excitement quickly became depression when I was refreshing my memory on facts I knew about each animal. Well I looked up the Scimitar-Horned Oryx since I thought they were always neat animals at the zoo & all & this is what I saw on the first site I looked on

Geographic Distribution: Now extinct in the wild, scimitar-horned oryx once lived in northern African countries of Egypt, Senegal, and Chad. They have been reintroduced in Tunisia.

OMG! How depressing! I knew they were extremely endangered & all but I didnt realize they were no longer in the wild =( that kinda stuff makes me soooooo upset on so many different levels. It's such a shame bcuz they are gorgeous animals! Too bad people have just gotta hunt in this f'ing world! Why can't people just leave animals in danger of extinction alone! They aren't hurting anyone so leave them the f* alone for realz!

http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/Af.../fact-oryx.cfm

*sigh*

freaking sucks but anyway i'm done with my "animal rant"

Old 05-16-2010, 10:54 PM

i hunt. i believe people should hunt.:p people have to eat.
but your right when they just do it because though. like who hunts alligators to eat? not many, thay do it for the cool animal hide.
people just forgot how this world use to be when every piece of an animal was used.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by lucian*91
i hunt. i believe people should hunt.:p people have to eat.
but your right when they just do it because though. like who hunts alligators to eat? not many, thay do it for the cool animal hide.
people just forgot how this world use to be when every piece of an animal was used.
well i know people have to eat. but hunting that turns into poaching or slaughtering, like whaling, shark finning, ivory poaching, tiger poaching & s*** like that is BS!! & animals like deer arent in danger of becoming extinct & what not so that kinda hunting is on a completely different level

Old 05-16-2010, 11:04 PM

oh & another comment on that whole hunting thing...you shouldnt hunt an animal to the point of endangerment or extinction

Old 05-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

pretty sure all the things that they hunt the endangered animals for could be artificially produced, who cares if its not real, dont hurt the innocent animals especially when theyre endangered.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:26 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

but your right when they just do it because though. like who hunts alligators to eat? (

Had to lol. But I really think its stupid hunting such animals just for their heads or the fact you did. If your gonna hunt an endangered animal you should be given a 2 inch pocket knife and sent out against it like the old days.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
pretty sure all the things that they hunt the endangered animals for could be artificially produced, who cares if its not real, dont hurt the innocent animals especially when theyre endangered.
haha. like artificial sugar that gives you cancer. no diet pop for me!
and i would rather eat deer meat that i know isnt pumped with preservatives and steriods over artificial anyday.. sorry

Old 05-17-2010, 04:17 PM

haha. like artificial sugar that gives you cancer. no diet pop for me!
and i would rather eat deer meat that i know isnt pumped with preservatives and steriods over artificial anyday.. sorry
mkk but you are totally missing the point here.
i'm sorry but if you think that endangered, or in risk of endangerment, animals should be poached just for their horns, fins, or whatever(!) then i just totally lost all respect for you
one thing that these animals do have over sharks & whales, at least they are dead before the people start chopping them up poor sharks get pulled up onto a boat, their fins cut off, & then back into the ocean to bleed & drown to death. & whales get pulled onto boats, get their blubber stripped off while they just sit there & bleed to death. IT'S F'ING RIDICULOUS!!!