Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Okay.... WTF?!?!!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 06:52 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Okay.... WTF?!?!!?

Alright... so I'm playing NASCAR 07 on my Xbox (not the 360) and it has a career mode. You start out in Featherlite Modifieds and work your way up to the Nextel Cup.

After 1 season, I had been offered a job in all 4 circuits. I dropped hte Modifieds in the second season and decided to run a Truck Series for Roush and drive Dodge Chargers for 2 seperate teams in the Busch and Cup series. So I'm on top of hte Truck Standings... 3rd in Busch, and in a really crappy Cup team, 13th in cup standings. I ocasionally ahve to skip Cup races to do truck races... skipping qualifying making my finishes worse....but I'm doing okay for what a crappy team it is and how the other drivers for this team are doing (like in the 20's).

So I've won 4 races... 7 Top 5's and 8 Top 10's.... at the halfway point (the July Daytona race)...THE TEAM FIRES ME!!!!!

Okay, it's just a game... but I'm pissed!!! I was the best driver on this team by far. Of 4 drivers, I was the only one with a win or a top 5 (one of the other guys had a top 10). I'm missing qualifying and races and 13th in points, ahead of anyone else on the team.

Okay, I'm not consistant. The other guys on the team are. They consistantly finish around 25-30. I win sometimes along with bad finishes occasionally.....

So what was their logic in firing me? Stupid computer brains. It's no wonder this team isn't going to make it...

But thats okay.. I'll focus on my Busch and Truck teams, maybe win both championships and maybe get another offer for the next season.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member
Default RE: Okay.... WTF?!?!!?

Lol dont get yourself too worked up. If you get this worked up over a video game then I dont wanna know what would happen if it happened in real life.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:23 PM

we regret to tell ya that your azz waz fired due to winning to much and making the rest of our team look worse then we really are. SO TUFF LIVE WITH IT!!!
LAMO

Old 03-23-2008, 07:32 PM

5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: mrl390

Lol dont get yourself too worked up. If you get this worked up over a video game then I dont wanna know what would happen if it happened in real life.

Distance is your friend.....

ORIGINAL: mickey

we regret to tell ya that your azz waz fired due to winning to much and making the rest of our team look worse then we really are. SO TUFF LIVE WITH IT!!!
LAMO
Sorry to make your team look good!! lol

Old 03-23-2008, 08:01 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow, Duane.
You're competitiveness is getting to ya.
Sounds like you're spreading yourself too thin.

Apparantly Mickey's team doesn't need any help looking bad. LOL.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:24 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005

haha and now i remember why i use to spend so much time on this site. I love the crazy stories about how into different things everyone is. I think its because you just need to get into a chevy

Old 03-23-2008, 09:21 PM

5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: big green dog

haha and now i remember why i use to spend so much time on this site. I love the crazy stories about how into different things everyone is. I think its because you just need to get into a chevy
yeah.. teams smart enough to run chevy's wouldn't do something this stupid, right

Old 03-23-2008, 09:45 PM

If there is one thing I am most proud of it's the fact that I never let my children have a computer game console in our house. Rather than having them while-away the hours twiddling fingers and thumbs ... I had them reading books instead.

They both have their Masters Degrees. They both have fine jobs in Education. And they both promised me they aren't going to let their children get involved in video games either.

I wish my brother had done the same for his kids. Unfortunately, they are addicted. Crying shame.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:25 AM

I had video game stuff when I was younger, the last system I had was a Nintendo 64. I don't have anything now because it would never get used. lol. I have no interest in gaming consoles. TV's, however, I do have an interest in. lol.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:47 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

I'll say...WTF?? Why were you not driving a Chevy???????

Quick Reply: Okay.... WTF?!?!!?