Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

OK THINK TANK - We have a new Project

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default OK THINK TANK - We have a new Project

We need to create a new monte carlo that is appealing tothe youth of today, the old traditionalist, and one that will cause people to cross-over from other brands (dodge, ford, nissan, honda,etc.).

This vehicle needs to have a revolutionary powertrain that has lot of power, yet be very friendly to the environment.

It needs to suck to the road like a vacum cleaner,taking corners with ease --in all weather conditions -- and haveplenty accelleration with efficient & effective stopping power (0 to 100 mph to 0 in 10-sec).

It needs be able to seat 4-adults comfortably, and by comfort, I mean the individual feels relaxed, with all the things they want at their finger tips. Let's go further, and define these four adults. A Dad 6'5" 250-lbs, Mom 5'0" 95-lbs, teenage son 6'0" 185-lbs, and daughter 5'6" 135-lbs. The vehicle most accommendate each as the driver and passenger, both in the front and backseat. Being a 2-door coupe, it also important for these people to be able to get into and out of the back seat. - Saving grace, we are not going to make the trunk a critical area for storage, but it should be able to handle weekly groceries, and a couple sets of golf clubs. Remember, each is to be comfortable and have EVERYTHING they want at their finger tips.

It will be interesting to see what power plants and transmission are used. Car width, length, and overall weight. Tire sizes (width, height, styling). Sound levels inside and out. materials used, etc.

You don't have to draw anything, describe it, and if yu can, justify your design.

Ok Think Tank -- Let the fun begin!

Old 11-27-2007, 09:59 AM
Default RE: OK THINK TANK - We have a new Project

lol sounds like we have alot of work to do and if we actually can come up with sumtin good...lets sell it to gm and have a monte carlo party/get together! but i think we should go old school with the body style...younger kids(myself included) dig the old design and the older gens like the older body designs as well

Old 11-27-2007, 11:35 AM

Let's make it a little more challenging - use parts that GM actually has. It would be too easy to just say "Hey, take an '85, put a turbo'ed V-10 in, 26" wheels, 18" brakes, etc . . .etc . . ."

Maybe if enough of us come up with something doable, GM might consider it!

So, how about an '07body style, modified slightly more squared to resemble a late 80's, with a remade front and rear facia, grill, tailights,etc.to resemble the late 80's style, but just rounded enough to keep drag to a minimum?

Add 3" to the wheelbase for added interior space, put on those rear doors like Saturn has that are hinged at the rear and open like suicide doors to increase the door space available to enter the back seat, yet the car still looks like a 2 door. Bucket seats front and rear with a console that extends front to rear with all controls in it. Separate audio and visual components for each passenger, (wish my MC had that now so I wouldn't have to listen to some of the stuff my teen wants to play!).

And it MUST be RWD!!!!The new Z-06 motor, trans, suspension, brakes, and wheels and tireswould be perfect.

Of course, every advantage to lighten the car (< 3000# would be nice) would have to be used to make the car as fast and responsive as possible.

And as long as I'm dreaming, GM should throw in a blond of your choice with each new purchase! (Notice I didn't say Blond girl, so, ladies, you can have your blond, too!)

Old 11-27-2007, 11:50 AM

[align=center][:-]Great ` `Craig, Black Attack[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think it's a great challenge, and I love the [/align][align=center]idea of a incentive, to get the creative[/align][align=center]```juices ```flowing [/align]
[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]She just loves rid'in [/align][align=center]in[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]aAwesome Monte Carlo[/align][align=center]
[hr]
[/align][align=center]* Lady MCF Member's[/align][align=center]Please feel `free to post your `male[/align][align=center]incentive pic : )[/align]

Old 11-27-2007, 11:54 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

We did a similar project on Monte Millennium. Someone suggested and even did a composite drawing of the car.

On this concept Monte we all agreed we wanted a retro 4th gen body with new comforts.

It was and still is a must the car beRWD. As for a powerplant what about one of the flex fuel engines? The trans should be overdrive of course becausegood gas mileage is also something the car must be able to do.

Craigwhen you posted ease of access I too thought of the opening quarter panels to allow access to the rear seat.

On the wheels I really don't see a need for 20s. Remember they do create increased rolling mass. Something the car has to be able to move and stop. Can anyone produce a photo or video of car car/truck with 20s on itjust roasting the tires off? I ask cause of the power it takes to get them rolling they tend to rob power. Not good if you're going for mileage as a plus factor.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:01 PM

[align=center]Found the below while `Surf'in the Web[/align][align=center]I like `it, what do you `think ?[/align][align=center]There sure is a lot of talent out there : )[/align][align=center]Post your comments[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I wish I could say that `Space did it : ) [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Interior, 2010 Monte Carlo SS ? ? [:-][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 11-27-2007, 12:08 PM

Cab forward design sux for us big guys. But I do like the option of being able torow ur own gears. And non of the drive by wire crap. It is like driving in a video game.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:11 PM

Space what is it???

Old 11-27-2007, 12:20 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

A 2110 Monte of course. (anyone other then me think the steering wheel is on upside down?)

Space, she can ride in my Monte any time!!!!

Old 11-27-2007, 12:23 PM

ORIGINAL: monteman1978

Space what is it???
Hi `Sean,
It's just a concept design of a future Monte Carlo,by unknown artist.
I'm search'in the web to see `if I can find out who designed it.
I think the designer has `talent : )
Oh, `Sean, Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family.
EnJoy the forum : )
`Space

Quick Reply: OK THINK TANK - We have a new Project