Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

ok i have seen this

Old 09-29-2014, 04:07 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default ok i have seen this

Ok when I was heading to my car last night.

I took notice of a impala that has a rs sticker on it but I know it is a ls.

I just shook my head and went ok its the similar year as my monte but if I was going to do some thing like that.

it would be like tint like I did when I first got my monte.

right now I am glad I am getting her the way I am comfortable with.

but a rs label on a ls come on. but what ever floats that persons boat

Old 09-29-2014, 06:40 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I see all kinds of cars where the owner put decals and badges that don't belong on it. I really wish people would stop doing it.

I saw a Chevy minivan with Ford V8 badges, and GT badges off of a Mustang. I saw a PT Cruiser with SS badges off of an 07 Monte.

And at the risk of hurting anyone's feelings... There's a reason the 6th gen Monte Signature Series, and Pace Car Series cars came with certificates of authenticity. I see phoney pace car Montes for sale on ebay all the time. And apparantly any Chevy with a #3 sticker from a department store, is a Dale Earnhardt edition. But that's getting off topic.

Neither of the two cars I mentioned above had any actual performance upgrades. Bone stock. Just trying to pass off their ride as being more than it is.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:22 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I agree with this. I don't get why people do that. Its like if your car is an ls don't put ss on it. People do that around here on craigslist. The only time it seems ok is if you put like the type of engine on it or if your car is supercharged or turbocharged then to me that is ok. It would be like if I found a 3.8 badge and put it on my car, I think that would be acceptable.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte07
Ok when I was heading to my car last night.

I took notice of a impala that has a rs sticker on it but I know it is a ls.

I just shook my head and went ok its the similar year as my monte but if I was going to do some thing like that.

it would be like tint like I did when I first got my monte.

right now I am glad I am getting her the way I am comfortable with.

but a rs label on a ls come on. but what ever floats that persons boat
The American Rally Sport began with the Camaro, the Rally Sport on the 1st generation Camaro was usually signified by the hidden headlights.

According to Mecum Auto auctions announcers they have been talking about all the Cars and what they are going for on the Auctions. They sold the Eleanor Mustang from the movie Gone in 60 seconds. for 1 Million dollars. They said this started the "RESTO-MOD" fashion that is what is happening with cars today. The guys were talking how the small things are the beginnings of a Mod. Now in some cases the person who puts an emblem on the Car has respect for his Ride as well as yours, and maybe just a bit more careful because of that small addition to it.
As poor as the economy is today not everybody can afford an SS of an XTS, a RS or an Intimidator. These auctions I see you got to be in 100K range to get some nice rides. I am sad that I had many of these when I was in my 20's and I got them when they were new or slightly used.

So check this site out. Got RS emblems up the ying yang.

Morgan Design Group - Specialty Presentations

The thing that does erks me is when someone puts and SS emblem on a Chevelle and it is truly just a Malibu and then they try to sell the thing for 40K, I know this guy who collects Cars he has some Chevelles and Impalas
So he has this 1963 Impala with a 409 and a 4spd. the Car is a CLONE cause it has some details in the dash that are sealed and it identifies this Car as an Impala no matter how it was restored.
When they sell it as a Fake of a real one. He didn't like it when I identified it as not a complete 63 SS, I wasn't rude but did indicate the differences.

It's like the 70 to 72 Chevelle Hood if you see the words Cowl Induction on that hood and it doesn't have a flapper door on the top then it's not Cowl Induction.

Attached Thumbnails ok i have seen this-impala-rs.jpg   ok i have seen this-blue-1970chevelless-73-.jpg   ok i have seen this-1970brn-gold-chevelle-1-.jpg  
Old 10-11-2014, 06:27 PM

Looks super clean��

Old 01-26-2015, 07:39 PM

I put SS badges on my car. Hope you guys can forgive me!

Old 01-26-2015, 08:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by DA_MAN_WIT_A_PLAN
I put SS badges on my car. Hope you guys can forgive me!
This shows that you have Pride in your car and you care for it. There is no shame in that. Now if you had a GT 350 decal on a Chevy that would be bad. lol Keep up the good work!!

When you see something Crazy, Like a few years back I was driving down the Interstate and this Car went around me and he had 4 of the doughnut spares on the thing.
I was clipping along at 78 mph.
I was waiting for the crash but it never happened.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:51 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015

I can't believe someone would drive with 4 small spare tires. That is just plain stupid to do. I wonder how it felt to turn it though. Maybe they were just trying to make it look lower. hahaha

Old 01-27-2015, 03:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i isse it as if u have a chevy dont put ford badges on it and vice versa, ive seen a monte with corvette flags on the back and i thought it was just fine

Old 01-27-2015, 05:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by owens91
i isse it as if u have a chevy dont put ford badges on it and vice versa, ive seen a monte with corvette flags on the back and i thought it was just fine

Yes I installed a Corvette emblem on the trunk of my 2005 Monte carlo SS , Back in the 60's all chevys had the cross flag emblem...

I put a Hendrick motorsports special edition emblem on my rocker because I thought it looks nice..

Last edited by zjerry; 01-27-2015 at 05:50 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ok i have seen this