Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Official intro ... 1989 Caprice Classic Brougham

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 08:30 PM

Congrats on the new arrival to your Chevy family!

Old 01-05-2013, 08:37 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Way to go on the newest addition to the garage Cort!

You trying to compete with Jay Leno's garage?

Old 01-06-2013, 03:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's a beut. I learned to drive in a '79 Caprice. Once you've mastered parallel parking in one of those you can easily park anything.

Those are 4 awesome cars! I wish I had the space to start a simliar style collection. The plates are cool too. If I had those 4 cars I'd need to big a game show style spinning wheel to determine which car to drive each day

Old 01-13-2013, 08:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice Collection Cort!

I wish! I use to hang with a buddy that had a brougham like yours!
We were the hit of the neighborhood..and picked up many a chicky cruiseing around town...hehehehehehe...Boy those were the days!

Currently at age 59 it seems like forever ago! That was before my past caught up with me! I can admittedly say I was a hardcore druggy after that for almost 15 yrs....That was 31 yrs ago. Yet 15 yrs ago my life changed for the worse...Much like you but in a very different way....

My then wife and I of 10 yrs were hit broadside on our Harley..(1997)
My wife died instantly...We were hit by a girl that was driveing drunk and underage..I spent 6 weeks in a coma..I died twice...They said there was no medical reason for me to have survived...The second time they pronounced me dead..I was in the Morgue bagged and toe tagged..(Thats where I woke up) Talk about a life changeing excperience...
I also thought it was the next morning..Hadno Idea it was 6 weeks later!
It took them 2 1/2 yrs to teach me to walk and talk again...
Since then I have had 5 different operations.
I suffered 2 broken hands and wrists, my right leg was broken in 2 places.
Both my shoulders were fractured,Both my hips and pelvis were shattered.
My left leg was cut off 10 inches above my knee. I also suffered a closed head injury that affects my short term memory daily. As if it wasnt bad enuff...To complicate all these injurys ...I now suffer from Rhuematoid Arthritis. So, If you ever want to know what the weathers doing...I got ya covered.!

Yet somehow after all this Im still here...Theres been more times than I can count that I wanted to give up....But I guess my will to go on liveing is much stronger than checking out...
I contribute a lot of my Happiness now to not only my now wife of 9yrs.....But also to my MonteCarlo Family here! Despite all the things we face in life...I now have a new interest that daily gives me the fix I need. I look forward to hanging out with my new friends here thru the internet, meet and greets, and now the MonteCarlo Nationals!

So, cort I wish you well in 2013 and beyond! Obviously God has a greater plan for us!

Keep the Faith! As I look forward to meeting you in person some day! To shake the hand of a man whos fought diversity....and won!

Last edited by STUMPMI; 01-13-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice CC Cort!