Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

October Photo Contest "FALL COLORS" ( in Memory of those we have lost this year)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 07:25 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's really blotchy here. Some trees are almost bare, some are around peak color and others have barely started turning colors. We have two huge maple trees on our back property line and they're still mostly green and haven't really dropped many leaves yet. Our City's leaf pickup for this season starts next week and goes through mid-November so I'm hoping they drop soon.

Old 10-26-2017, 10:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well, after some driving around the area yesterday I finally found a good enough spot. Just a couple of changing trees, though, but at least it's enough to tell it's a fall-season scene.

So here's my entry, just for the heck of it:

Maybe the empty trees could stand for the ones we've lost so soon.

Attached Thumbnails October Photo Contest "FALL COLORS"  ( in Memory of those we have lost this year)-sacfall01a.jpg  
Old 10-26-2017, 03:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I spent some time cruising Springbank Park in London today and got some pretty good shots actually. But green is still the predominant color (other than the red car). I'm still choosing - my favorite isn't the most colorful one. And I still have to set up a Postimage.org account...

Old 10-26-2017, 04:27 PM

15 Year Member

3 pics for 3 friends....

Eventually I'll choose one of these as an "official entrant". I can't seem to decide yet, but I wanted to share

That is how London, Ontario looked today. I did jack the color level a bit in the editor.

Hopefully I can still get some time to do a Christmas shot before putting the car away. Will the participation be there? It's probably to late for a Halloween contest now...

Old 10-27-2017, 10:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Cool We can still try for a Halloween contest & Christmas too.

That's a great idea to do three of your best shots for each of our passed friends to here are mine, I will choose one of them on Sunday as well.

I think we can work a Halloween contest in as well, my neighbor across the street has got all kinds of stuff I can use for a backdrop. Providing the wind doesn't blow it away. I will put the Halloween thing up on Sunday eve. Then we can try an work in a Christmas theme too.

Attached Thumbnails October Photo Contest "FALL COLORS"  ( in Memory of those we have lost this year)-img_4555z-copy.jpg   October Photo Contest "FALL COLORS"  ( in Memory of those we have lost this year)-img_4597.jpg   October Photo Contest "FALL COLORS"  ( in Memory of those we have lost this year)-img_4565.jpg  
Old 10-29-2017, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
Smile I am so far going to set up 3 Voting pages. should be fun!

Okay time to pick out your entries for the Fall Color Photo Contest,

If you were able to take more than one photo you can name that entry in Honor of Barb, or Stumpi Or Butch.
I am so far going to set up 3 Voting pages. should be fun!

Let me know so I can put up the voting thread tomorrow.

Old 10-30-2017, 01:37 PM

15 Year Member

Wait - I'm comfuseded.

Was I choosing one of my pics to go forward with or entering them all? With the limited entries received, I would suggest we just vote on all of 'em. If I got pick just one, I'm going to use a spinning game wheel at wheeldecide.com - it's how I make all my important decisions

Old 10-30-2017, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
Smile Okay we can do that

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Wait - I'm comfuseded.

Was I choosing one of my pics to go forward with or entering them all? With the limited entries received, I would suggest we just vote on all of 'em. If I got pick just one, I'm going to use a spinning game wheel at wheeldecide.com - it's how I make all my important decisions
Okay we can do that I was hoping that we would have had a few more entries by today but it appears that the leaves weren't as colorful for everyone or the other photographers didn't get there film back form the developers in time.
So it appears we have 7 entries I will get that all going for the vote shortly.

Old 10-31-2017, 07:37 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Okay we can do that I was hoping that we would have had a few more entries by today but it appears that the leaves weren't as colorful for everyone or the other photographers didn't get there film back form the developers in time.
Honestly guys the color here has been 'good enough' but I just haven't had time to get the car out.