Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

october 2nd is NAME YOUR CAR DAY!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking october 2nd is NAME YOUR CAR DAY!!!!!!

i heard about this on the radio today, i thought everyone might enjoy today is national name - your - car day!

Name Your Car Day

When : Always October 2

Name Your Car Day is today. Does your car have a name? Lots of people name their cars. Every car has character and personality. We spend a lot of time in our cars, and caring for them. So, its only fitting that each car gets its own name.

Selecting a name should be made with care and consideration. Give your car a name that properly reflects its character. What you name you car should be a proper reflection of its character and performance, and your desires for your car. In general, guys names are for guys' cars, and girl names are for the cars that you ladies drive. Aside from that, selection of a name is wide open. But, be careful....cars have feelings, too.

Here are some of our thoughts in selecting an appropriate name for your car:

Don't select wimpy names. That might give your car a personality complex and it will perform accordingly.
Do give a strong, aggressive name to sports cars and cars with powerful engines.
Sleek, sexy feline-like cars savor names that begin with "lady".
Old junkers are proud just to be around. You can call them just about anything. Try "Tramp", or "Old Yeller", "Old Blue".
Pick names to reflect your personality.
"Pickemup" trucks must have country names.
Don't give common names (like Joe, Mike or Sue) to luxury cars. They beam over names like Reginald, Archibald, and Crystal.

-----------
soooo.... what does everyone call their cars?

( oh, jj.... i found out that october is national POPCORN POPING MONTH!! )

Old 10-02-2009, 06:45 PM

My Monte's name is Cherry Bomb. My dad's SS pace car clone is Black Beauty. Or just Beauty for short. The family vehicle (when we go out as a family, when we're not at each other's throats) is a 2007 Chrysler Town and Country named Suede Blue or just Blue for short. Yeah. Big elvis fans. LOL.

We also have a 1991 Cadillac Allantae convertible that's rootbeer brown w/ gold metalflake and sandalwood leather interior. We call that one "Honey" and a 1972 mercedes benz 520 slk (I THINK?) that is also powder blue that my dad calls "Kleenex" because it looks (and drives) like a box of tissues. Car has absolutely no friggin guts.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Ours is called Lola.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:53 PM

Monte = Allison, 95 Z28 = Thumper, 01 Sierra = "Buddy"

Old 10-02-2009, 06:54 PM

lola, la-la-la-la- lola

Old 10-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

Monte for my car, because my daughter named it that!!!

Old 10-02-2009, 07:39 PM

Jenn (In honor of Adam's (Member Inssanity) black SS)

Old 10-02-2009, 08:10 PM

My monte is name less. My first car was white and named white lightning so maybe it will carry on.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:29 PM

cool names, guys. i really dont have any creativity when it comes to naming my car, lol.
usually goes by colors / vehicle type. the monte tends to be 'Red, moms is usually trooper ( izusu), although i named it "ling ling" today due to almost everything on it being made in japan ( god it needs a sbc ).... dads van is the 'coffee bean, because a gray with tint 97 voyager looks like a damn coffee bean.... usually call it the POS for short, lol. idk what to call the monte, though....

Old 10-02-2009, 08:32 PM

Jill after the annoying GPS voice on my garmin

Quick Reply: october 2nd is NAME YOUR CAR DAY!!!!!!