Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: November 2019

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2019, 08:48 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile November 2019

to our
Monte Carlo Family

The Monte Carlo Forum is a fun automotive family zone for owners
and enthusiasts of all generations of Monte Carlo from 1970 to 2007.

This is a continuous Blog for the whole month. We are online 24/7.
Post and let us know how you are and what you have going on - car
related or not, any member can join our Blog conversation!

If you have not read the Monte Carlo Forum rules, please click the
link below and enjoy your Forum experience
Welcome & Forum Rules

Make a post and let us know that you checked in today! Please
welcome our new members to our Forum and Blog.

Any member can start the MCF Blog after midnight (12 am EST)
on any given 1st of the month. Just copy and change the month/yr
as needed.

(Check with Staff for any other changes to our Blog)

Thank You!

This month's Blog started by
drivernumber3

Old 11-03-2019, 07:19 AM
5 Year Member

Wow November Just snuck up on me for some reason.
I hate the winter time and we have had a sampling of it already.
The snow showed up and knocked the leaves off the trees and I got a lot picked up for the trash.
I am hoping that will be all the snow until next year. lol

Old 11-05-2019, 07:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning guys.

November did sneak up. We got a dusting of snow Halloween night but that's been it for us so far. We had some rain and wind mid-week last week that knocked a lot of the leaves off the trees. After temps in the 40s today and tomorrow we look to struggle to make it out of the 30s for the foreseeable future with low temps in the teens and 20s.

Been crazy busy at it again - that time of the year. Got new front tires on the Malibu on Friday (that turned into a big fiasco that I'll talk about once everything is settled). Winterized the boat on Saturday and moved all of our patio furniture inside. Changed the oil in the Malibu Sunday and installed a new bagger on my lawn tractor (early Christmas gift from my wife) and then spent about 4 hours cleaning up leaves in the yard. Started winterizing the wife's camper yesterday - she'll finish that later today.

I got the Monte out for a bit on Friday and took my camera with me to see if I could find any good fall color. We seem to be past the best peak color and a lot of those trees have almost dropped all of their leaves while other trees seem to still be changing.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 11-05-2019 at 07:21 AM.
Old 11-06-2019, 01:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2017
5 Year Member

Yeah, winter; it always seems to last longer than summer, at least here in the northern half of the country.

Just last weekend I had to "winterize" my '95 with a brand-new battery and starter, right after the old ones practically left me stranded (without warning) at work!

It's crazy how much a replacement starter costs... $$$
Oh, well. The battery's an Interstate brand, with 650 CCAs, and the Monte starts up a lot more eagerly now. Poor thing always has to sit parked outside, but at least it's ready to handle it.

Old 11-06-2019, 01:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Happy November, MC Family. Life has been interesting lately. I turned 33 on November 1st, got headers on the Monte (they do hit the firewall though, so I'll need to do more readjusting/modding), working on a career change from residential IT to teaching basic financial education for the younger folk and teaching awareness and protecting against scams for the older folk.

Hopefully big things happen soon!

Old 11-06-2019, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
Happy November, MC Family. Life has been interesting lately. I turned 33 on November 1st, got headers on the Monte (they do hit the firewall though, so I'll need to do more readjusting/modding), working on a career change from residential IT to teaching basic financial education for the younger folk and teaching awareness and protecting against scams for the older folk.

Hopefully big things happen soon!
Well Happy Birthday mine is at the end of the month of November yours x 2 + 3 will get it. What ever you do don't get old!! Lol Famous words of my father who passed at 96 years of age in 2014.
Good luck on your new job.

Old 11-07-2019, 06:46 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning.

In the 20s this morning. Nice band of moderate/heavy snowfall moving through timed perfectly with the morning rush is causing slow roads - took me almost twice as long. Probably anywhere from 1/4" to 3/4" on the ground and was actually starting to collect on the roads in areas.

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
working on a career change from residential IT to teaching basic financial education for the younger folk and teaching awareness and protecting against scams for the older folk.
Congratulations and good luck! Gotta stop the scammers from taking advantage of people.

Old 11-07-2019, 07:09 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Sidestreet
Yeah, winter; it always seems to last longer than summer, at least here in the northern half of the country.

Just last weekend I had to "winterize" my '95 with a brand-new battery and starter, right after the old ones practically left me stranded (without warning) at work!

It's crazy how much a replacement starter costs... $$$
Oh, well. The battery's an Interstate brand, with 650 CCAs, and the Monte starts up a lot more eagerly now. Poor thing always has to sit parked outside, but at least it's ready to handle it.
Curious to see if you got the paint fixed that popped off last spring. Hopefully it all worked out.

Old 11-08-2019, 09:17 AM
5 Year Member

I am ot sure how many folks read the Blog ?
However a tip for finding out about things that make your car work! Travel to you nearest salvage yard preferably a you pull it and then just go in and look around you might find your type of car there and you can take it apart and then find aout how to take apart and repair your own car.

Old 11-11-2019, 06:31 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. Thank you to all our veterans for your service.

Snowing this morning - expecting 4-6" (locally more possible) here in SE MI and 8-16" just to the North in the Thumb region. Areas in Northern Lower and the Upper Peninsula already have 12"+ and are expecting more. Getting cold too - wind chills the next couple mornings will be in the single digits. This is nuts for early/mid November.

It was in the 40s yesterday so I took advantage of that to take the Monte out for one last drive, one last last fuel up and washed it so it's sitting air drying in the garage before I throw the cover on in a few days.

Looks like Dean has a new photo contest, 'your best photo of the year', so if you have any good photos of yours from 2019 submit them here > https://montecarloforum.com/forum/of...e-rules-61292/

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 11-11-2019 at 06:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: November 2019