Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>Not a Trike, Not a Bike>What is it ?<

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 04:38 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question >Not a Trike, Not a Bike>What is it ?<

Not a Trike, Not a Bike: What is the 2015 Can-Am Spyder F3? Member's, would you like to have one ? Post & let us know `OK

15 hours ago

From a language standpoint, it does not fall under the “bike” heading since bi equals two. State law varies but in CA, an M1 endorsement is not required to ride a Can-Am Spyder. So past tire-roasting fun, what is it? Since 2008, there have been heated motorcyclist debates on where the Spyder lies – let us know what you think in the comments below. After recently hard riding the 2015 Can-Am Spyder F3 for two full days in the Canadian backcountry, it is clear this is an entirely different animal.
Getting bogged down in argument about designation of this vehicle is beside the point. What matters is how it makes you feel, and there wasn’t a motorcyclist journo on the press launch that wasn’t smiling while riding. The 2015 Can-Am Spyder F3 hits 0-60 mph in 4.8 seconds and corners like a high-tech snowmobile or quad. It is sporty and breaks all your assumptions about what riding a three-wheel vehicle means.
READ MORE: 14 Most Important Motorcycle Developments of the Century
For a motorcyclist, it is another tool in the shed, not to replace your shiny sportbike but to offer a different experience of occasional fun. For a never-before rider, it offers a sporty open-air experience and taste of what two-wheels is like. Then there are those injured or paralyzed that can use a Can-Am Spyder to stay riding. With a base MSRP of $19,499, the Spyder F3 isn’t cheap but I feel it justified for what you’re getting.
READ MORE: Why Wearing Jeans on a Motorcycle is a Really Bad Idea
The 2015 Can-Am Spyder F3 is about head-in-the-wind adventure, not stop and go traffic. This latest offering is ripe with stability tech and improvements including a 160 lb weight savings over the current RT model. The Can-Am Spyder F3 locates the rider lower and further back, moving the pegs forward and redirecting force exerted on the rider’s arms during cornering to the legs. Additionally, BRP’s proprietary “U-Fit System” allows the rider to choose between five different footpeg positions and four different handle bar option

For power, the 2015 Can-Am Spyder F3 received an all-new Rotax 1,330cc 3-cylinder engine with manual 6-speed transmission or semi-automatic SE transmission. Total power is claimed at 115hp and 96 ft-lb of torque. Holding the big-bore triple wide open, thumbing through the gears to 160 km/h (99 mph) when crossing the braking markers then jumping on the powerful Brembo ABS braking system was an experience FAR gnarlier than expected. Anticipate 250 miles on a single tank of fuel and nearly 10,000 miles between oil changes.
READ MORE: Hell on Wheels Vintage Motocross
Bottom line is BRP’s Can-Am Spyder in general is smooth fun, especially the latest 2015 Spyder F3-S. It only takes 5 minutes in the saddle to shatter any preconceived notions. Are those who’ve only ridden a Spyder considered motorcyclists? That is up for debate. What is clear is this three-wheel vehicle is another weapon in open-air adventure. It’s its own animal and owns its space in the industry. How can you argue with a performance-minded vehicle that gets you grinning ear-to-ear under throttle?

Old 10-14-2014, 04:40 AM
Old 10-14-2014, 04:43 AM
Default I like the one below > What do U think ? Post `it ?

Last edited by Space; 10-14-2014 at 05:52 AM.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:58 AM
Old 10-14-2014, 02:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Being a former motorcycle rider, would be still if I had the time lol. I don't really look at these machines as motorcycles. I can't get past the way too familiar resemblance of a snowmobile. It just looks like someone has taken a snowmobile and put wheels on it. I know they serve a purpose and are probably great to ride, but I am stuck in my ways when it comes to these.

I am sure if I took one for a ride I would probably really enjoy the handling and everything about it, but in my mind it is not a motorcycle

Old 10-14-2014, 03:00 PM

Hi `Ken & thanks 4 being the 1st to post on this thread

They sure are unique rides (vehicles) > 4-Sure

I think we are all very lucky to have so many choices of motor vehicles in our World (if U have the $'s)

I think motor vehicles companies are making products for just about everyone & for every sport/terrain/roads/mountains etc.

I'd love to test drive everyone on of them. I do love motorcycle, but I still haven't been able to behave on one. I just want to go fast or climb anything that out there.

There sure are many beautiful bikes here in Florida & especially during Bike Week @ Daytona & several other area's of the state are constantly having meets. (I guess it has to do with the weather)...

One of the Surfer's has a "750" Honda Shadow that he let's me ride & it's a great cruiser...He calls it his poor mans Harley (LOL) *He does have some aftermarket pipes & the Twin V sounds nice cruising around the beach...

I want a 125 or 250 bike for the woods & sand (not the street)...(a future dream)

OK, whose next ? Has any member's rode any of the above featured machines ? > Let us know & make a Post> Thanks

Old 10-14-2014, 04:05 PM
Arrow = Who Wins ? =

Hi Member's, the below `vid is a well made/decent vid `if you have the time to enjoy. Turn up your sounds (Headphones are better) Kick back & EnJoy the view/tunes/speed

<<<@!1!@>>>

It's a
4>Really Sure (LOL)

This supercar mashup goes beyond just supercars, as you can see here when a McLaren P1, Porsche 918 Spyder, and Ducati 1199 Superleggera bike took to the drag strip. You’re probably thinking that the McLaren and Porsche seem like good choices for this race with

Last edited by Space; 10-14-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

When it comes to a "Trike"...
Im all about a Harley Davidson...
I was recently approved for a 2014 @ $32,000
Ya its a whole lot of money...However, resale values right now are through the roof...
If you never rode one... You wouldn't understand...

I have looked at Can Ams...
But it just doesn't represent/excite me....
Like mentioned previously.. Its a glorified snowmobile... IMO

If one was given to me...
Id trade it in on a Harley Trike.

Old 10-15-2014, 08:24 AM

Hi Mod `David, thanks for your post/words.
That's a beautiful dream above. I'd love to test drive one.
*The sound track on the posted vid's on this thread are amazing. Great Vid's to view & hear.

`David, I hope you can get one like the above...It has to be
a blast to ride 4-Sure...(I like that it has storage, but I haven't figured out yet on how 2 put on a surf rack *LOL*

Old 10-15-2014, 08:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space

Hi Mod `David, thanks for your post/words.
That's a beautiful dream above. I'd love to test drive one.
*The sound track on the posted vid's on this thread are amazing. Great Vid's to view & hear.

`David, I hope you can get one like the above...It has to be
a blast to ride 4-Sure...(I like that it has storage, but I haven't figured out yet on how 2 put on a surf rack *LOL*
Space:

You can get a luggage rack on the trunk...
cpl bungee cords and your all set...

Last edited by STUMPMI; 10-15-2014 at 08:35 AM.

Quick Reply: >Not a Trike, Not a Bike>What is it ?<