Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

not a good day

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default not a good day

First I finally schedule an appt to get my oil pan leak fixed at the dealers today. Then later on I get home from work and decide to get my MC out and drive it to Woodward (about 7-8 miles) to talk to a fellow 7th gen SS owner.

On the way back at about 60-65 mph under normal acceleration i feel my car gain about 250-300 rpm before going to in overdrive . I got it to do it 2 more times too. I only does it around 60-65mph tho. I have been told this is called a flare and from what I am reading it looks to be the beginning of a lot of problems for my trans.

Guess the dealer will have more work to do come Tuesday.....hope it is all covered under my powertrain warranty

Last edited by xxtheshockerxx; 07-06-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

that freaking sucks man, I really hope things work out for you! Makes me sick to hear stuff like this........

Old 07-06-2011, 09:40 PM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
that freaking sucks man, I really hope things work out for you! Makes me sick to hear stuff like this........
dude it sucks so bad. i am nervous to bring it in to the dealer cus i would hate for them to not cover it for some reason and this is the first car i have ever had a warranty on...so i have never experienced anything like it.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:09 PM

Wow man im sorry that really does suck. Let us know what happens

Old 07-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow. I really hope you still have warranty on the car. Unless you've been taking the car to the track and racing it on weekends, you shouldn't be having tranny problems. Not yet anyway. If you do have tranny problems, and you don't have warranty left, you should talk with the service manager. Try to talk them into paying some or all of the transmission repair. It worked for me when my previous car needed a $1200 engine repair, and the car was 6 months out of warranty.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

How many miles on your car. I hear alot of people with the LS4 montes/grand prixs have tranny problems. Some with less than 50k miles.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:26 PM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by Taz
Wow. I really hope you still have warranty on the car. Unless you've been taking the car to the track and racing it on weekends, you shouldn't be having tranny problems. Not yet anyway. If you do have tranny problems, and you don't have warranty left, you should talk with the service manager. Try to talk them into paying some or all of the transmission repair. It worked for me when my previous car needed a $1200 engine repair, and the car was 6 months out of warranty.
never been to the track with it. i get on it from time to time but i dont beat the hell out of it or anything. I have powertrain warranty until september. i just got home from the dealership i am going to take it to. they said it should all be covered and i am taking it in tuesday to get checked out and get the oil pan gasket replaced. I am also thinking about purchasing an extended powertrain warranty so i dont have to worry about it in the future.

Originally Posted by mrl390
How many miles on your car. I hear alot of people with the LS4 montes/grand prixs have tranny problems. Some with less than 50k miles.
38500. They have alot of tranny problems just on ls1tech there are 156 ppl with replacement trannys or that are experiancing problems now

Old 07-07-2011, 07:32 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

That's horrible - a Tranny problem on such a low mileage and newer car.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
I am also thinking about purchasing an extended powertrain warranty so i dont have to worry about it in the future.

Smart move!

I learned the hard way that extended warranties are a good idea on cars.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:42 PM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
That's horrible - a Tranny problem on such a low mileage and newer car.
i know it kinda sucks...but i knew those cars had tranny problems when i got it....i just wanted the V8 luckly it isnt a MAJOR problem and i can still drive it. And since it just started the other day i have a little time before it gets worse...or atleast i think. hopefully the dealer gets it all sorted out and the problem fixed then i will be a happy camper again.

Originally Posted by Taz
Smart move!

I learned the hard way that extended warranties are a good idea on cars.
i havent ever had a car with a factory warranty on it. so this is new territory for me but i think i will get atleast an extended powertrain so i have GM by the ***** for a couple more years atleast

Quick Reply: not a good day