Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

New vB - MCF Server -

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Lol ~ lol ~lol

LOL ~ LOL `J.J.
Thanks, I really needed a laugh...Great Pic of Enzo `Brock
"I sure rather `laugh then `cry 4-Sure"
Thanks 4 your posts & funnie's
`Space

Old 03-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I just found out about the site finally being upgraded myself. The last message the moderators got from the admin was a few weeks ago; telling us that the techs are working on upgrading more forums.

He wasn't sure when exactly MCF was going to be done. This conversation took place in a moderator's section of the forum. A section that no longer exists with the new software. So I'm just as in the dark about this as you. I'm learning this new software along with the rest of you.

Let me add that when you get a message telling you that your technical problems have been reported, they are not being reported to the moderators. I think they're going directly to the tech guys in charge of the server. But I'm not 100% on that. Like I said, I'm learning this new software too.

P.S. WOOHOO! The site's been upgraded. No more multiplying appostrophies. F***IN RIGHT ON BABY!

Last edited by Taz; 03-07-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i'm trying to get used to it too, it was quiete a supprise when i logged in this morning on to mcf

Old 03-07-2009, 07:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

I appreciate seeing mod's here, finally! But WHERE'S THE ADMINISTRATORS?

This said, how'd you get your signature pic's back, and where's the history? Gone?

Old 03-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I was lucky enough to have my sig pic already working when I logged in. I have no idea why mine works and everyone elses doesn't. What I would suggest is going into your Control Panel by clicking on "User CP" at the top of the page. Then in the column on the left, click on where it allows you to edit your signature. You may need to re-select an option or two. Or re-type the link to your sig. I know that if you use Photobucket.com, using the "IMG code" link with the capital letters works now.

That is something a lot of us will have to get used to. Not using small letters [img] and [/img] anymore. We now have to use the capital letters [IMG] and [/IMG].

Just to mention to everyone again...

None of us moderators were told about the site being worked on by the techs. Admin Patrick is not one of the techs working on the upgrades. He told us moderators a while ago that the techs don't tell him ****. He has no idea what they are doing and when. It's quite possible that Admin Patrick doesn't know our site is being worked on right now.

We used to have a "moderators only" section in the old site where the admin could tell us stuff. This section appears to be gone now. So you're seeing the same site update info I am.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

If this is anything like Invision Power Board, then User groups are giving permissions (Members, Admins, Moderators, etc...). The Admins, or in this case the Tech guys, can decide what groups can and can not have. In this case, the Mods have more permissions then the members do. It can all be fixed by the Admin in the Admin Control Panel.

Like i said, if VBulletin Is anything like IPB, then Admins can give groups permissions like having avatars and photos for sigs and such.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

The 1st thing I tried with the signature pic was using cap's instead of lower case, but no good either. I've tried a half dozen times, but to no avail.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

my sig worked when i logged in, i didn't change anything..for anyone's thats not working why dont you post what you have written in the sig block and we'll see whats different

Old 03-08-2009, 10:33 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I can't get into my user cp - I get this message - Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing. So I can't try to reupload my sig.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I'm getting the same thing. They might be working on it.

Quick Reply: New vB - MCF Server -