Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

And the new Superbowl Champions are....

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 11:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default And the new Superbowl Champions are....

Going to be a tough game, those Atlantians are all hyped up, while they are extremely tough Brady and crew are healthy and perfectly balanced, they have a chip on each shoulder. I think the Pats win at 34 to 24

Anyone doing any insane betting?

Your winning teams thoughts

Old 01-31-2017, 10:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

The Patriots have hardly played a tough game all year - 2 or 3 maybe. They've even been lucky in the playoffs brackets.

Atlanta looks more prepared, playing tough games awesome all year and playoffs.

But what a stupid move Atlanta made choosing to be red jerseys. It was their choice and now the Patriots will be in white. Nothing personal against red (it's one of my favs), but 12 of the last 13 Superbowls have been won by a team in white jerseys. I'm not really all that superstitious, but why challenge this statistic with so much on the line? Besides, I actually think there is some psychological science to this...

Last edited by JuniorCar; 01-31-2017 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-31-2017, 10:28 AM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar

But what a stupid move Atlanta made choosing to be red jerseys. It was their choice and now the Patriots will be in white. Nothing personal against red (it's one of my favs), but 12 of the last 13 Superbowls have been won by a team in white jerseys. I'm not really all that superstitious, but why challenge this statistic with so much on the line? Besides, I actually think there is some psychological science to this...
Look at you, show boating! That is something I wonder if my football freak friend even knows. Will have to bounce that off of him. One just never knows what they will learn here on the forum. Thanks...

Old 01-31-2017, 01:35 PM

15 Year Member

It's funny because I used to be all about NASCAR and could spout those numbers and facts off pretty good. But I don't watch NASCAR anymore and have thrown myself right into NFL. I guess it is starting to show a little, although I'm far from a football scholar. Yet.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:58 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
It's funny because I used to be all about NASCAR and could spout those numbers and facts off pretty good. But I don't watch NASCAR anymore and have thrown myself right into NFL. I guess it is starting to show a little, although I'm far from a football scholar. Yet.
I myself never got into the NASCAR scene. I was into different things I guess. Was not till after I got the Monte, and probably not till a couple years later that I even made the NASCAR connection to our cars.

You have to have a good head on your shoulders Brent to acquire facts, stats and be able to hold our own in a conversation. Good for you, keep your brain from getting Alzheimer's,

Do you have a favorite team ? I was always a Raiders fan from the early 70's when George Blanda was their QB and field goal kicker, never really followed them very close. Now a days I don't have a team, my friend here in Utah is from Maine and is a loyal Patriots fan, so I root with him for them.

Old 02-02-2017, 06:49 AM

15 Year Member

I'm a Broncos fan (I also drive a '95 Bronco), so I dove in at the right time. Superbowl 50 was the greatest sports moment ever! I traded in all my 88 NASCAR gear for horse heads and orange. Everything I wear, the walls... all of it, aside from a few very select collectible things, all the NASCAR is gone. And I didn't trade the stuff - it went in a dumpster. I didn't want it circulating second hand. I'm that anti-NASCAR, which is obviously quite ironic as I am a NASCAR billboard driving around. But thats about the good ol' days. Also ironic is that my jersey of choice is # 88 Demaryius Thomas. But #88 is often the best player on any given NFL team. And I believe Dale Jr actually chose the #88 because he is a big NFL fan himself.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:23 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm a Ravens fan so I don't have a dog in the fight. I do watch as much feetball as possible, college and pro. Since tha Ravens or out I have been pulling for New England. Now that it's Hotlanta in the SB I am riding the fence a bit. I would be happy for either team to win. I predict Falcons win 42-36ish.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:17 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm more of a hockey guy (used to play some). The Red Wings back-to-back Cup wins in 97 and 98 is what fueled that fire. Regarding football, I'm much more of a college football fan but do keep tabs at least with the NFL through the season (same as I am with Nascar now - don't watch much but keep track of it). Doesn't really help when your home team is terrible year after year and doesn't really care to do anything about it... cough, Lions, cough.

As to predictions for this year's Superbowl, I'm not really partial either way. Brady is a Michigan guy. It's the Georgia Dome's final year - a good way for the Falcons to go out.

Old 02-05-2017, 07:25 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well my earlier prediction of Atlanta 42 New England 36 is starting to morph into a New England victory with the score
staying in the 30's. Like I said before My Ravens are at home so I am liking both teams there. I just am starting to feel a vibe that Brady and Belicheck are going pull it off one more time. This could be an epic battle!

Old 02-05-2017, 09:34 AM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by GTHSS
Well my earlier prediction of Atlanta 42 New England 36 is starting to morph into a New England victory with the score
staying in the 30's. Like I said before My Ravens are at home so I am liking both teams there. I just am starting to feel a vibe that Brady and Belicheck are going pull it off one more time. This could be an epic battle!
I can understand how you feel this could be an epic battle, the Falcons are in uncharted waters for their franchise and the Patriots with all of their previous bowl victories. Lest we forget the Cubs won the world series and Mr. Trump won the U.S. presidency, we are living in a time of the highly improbable actually happening. Think the Falcons can sense another opportunity such as this may prove elusive for some time, and will be going into the game well prepared. The Pats hopefully are not underestimating their opponents thirst for a victory and are themselves are hungry to prove to everyone they are one of the greatest NFL teams ever. Go Patriots!!

I'm going in at Patriots 30 to 28 over Atlanta