Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

New paint :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 10:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member
Default New paint :)

well I took the Monte in for her new paint job this morning. And like a good Dad. I went to check on her this afternoon. Wholy crap!!! I wasn't ready for this!! Man she is UGLY without her skin! The hood is getting repainted. ( Stone chips) and the rear bumper cover and the back part of the trunk lid. Man O Man it's ugly with out that bumper cover on. Car looks so much shorter and just YUK! I tried to take some pictures. But the camera didn't want to work. And I left my phone in the car. Going back in the morning to take pic's of it. She should be back home either Weds afternoon. Or Thursday. I just want done right. $ 850.00 to fix her paint. Can't wait to see her.......

Old 07-11-2011, 10:44 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good luck Rick and I can't wait to see pics!

Old 07-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

$850 sounds like a pretty reasonable price, I'm curious to see what all was done! Do you have any quality before pics to compare the new results to? I'm in need of getting my hood and other front end pieces repainted, but I was afraid to take it in for an estimate!

Old 07-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

it is gonna look great when it is done. my monte is gone ATM too. i dont like it

Old 07-12-2011, 12:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

I wish I could get all of my little imperfections from the previous owner repaired. Maybe someday. And 850 does sound like a pretty good price.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:40 AM

1 Year Member

Thanks Everyone. Hey Chris. No I didn't take before picture's cause it's just some little stone chips on the hood. No DENT's. Samething on the rear bumper cover. Just a few scratches I think from the garage door. Not sure of that. But can't think of any where else they would have come from. On a garage door. At the very bottom you have a small plate. On the inside & outside. It's either for lifting or to step on when shutting. Well if that was it. Their all gone from both doors now!!!! Like closing the door after the horse got out. But if it was that It won't happen again. as soon as I get it back later this week. I'll try to post picture's off the new paint. Also got rid of the Bowtie on the trunk lid. Their going to try & just buff out any marks it might leave. If Not!!! Guess I'll have to get that painted also!!

Old 07-12-2011, 07:46 AM

Hi `Rick, "For the Love of Monte Carlo" & Pride of OwnerShip
I understand that those chips & small imperfections will drive a true enthusiast crazy, but they are mostly only noticed by the owner : )

I can relate...I would even go nuts if my past Monte's had dust on them : )

Look 4ward to seeing your future pic's & thanks for keeping the last Generation Monte Carlo in ShowRoom Condition...
Yes, "Pride of OwnerShip"~> 4-Sure

Old 07-14-2011, 09:15 AM

1 Year Member

Well good news and not so good news this morning. 1st ! I got to go see my Monte last night. As you all know. I had the hood painted & the rear bumper cover. Plus I asked Jamie if he could take the rear BOWTIE off the trunk lid. That came out nice. Nice and SMOOTH back there now. But I couldn't take it home. Becuase we found a very tiny speak in the paint on the hood. That didn't show up till we got it outside in the Sun. Soooo! I won't have it back till fri afternoon. But she is looking good! Love the way the rear end looks now. So I won't have picture's till this weekend & if I have time to post them I will. But were heading up to Fargo for the weekend. Family time . But here's my Biggest problem. My camera quit on me . So I bought a new battery. Still it's a no go. I do have pictures on my cell. But REALLY not sure how to post them on here from my phone. man if it's not one thing ....It's another. But I think I can get some help with that. I hope....

Old 07-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I found I give the Body shop (Mason Auto Body) all the time they need to work on our Monties my service rep Jeff is picky and I appreciate that

Old 07-14-2011, 09:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

man I cant wait to see her all done up !!

Quick Reply: New paint :)