Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

New Car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking New Car!!!

I traded my truck in and picked this up today, and I love it already. I'm sure it has foibles that have yet to manifest themselves, but they will more than likely be forgivable. It's a 2007 Impala SS with 71k miles and it's fully loaded, aka WAAAYYY too fancy for me Heated leather power seats, SS embroidered headrests, remote start, "wood" interior trim (looks real enough to me), and of course the 5.3L LS4 and the previous owner was kind enough to put Flowmaster mufflers on it to make it burble very nicely.

So, it's going to take some getting used to, and it will be VERY hard to keep it as stock as possible so I can have the funds to mod the Monte haha I'm taking a trip to Pittsburgh on Saturday (about an hour trip), so that will be a nice way to really feel it out and learn about the car more. I'm really surprised at how nice this car is and I'm really looking forward to using it as my daily.

Attached Thumbnails New Car!!!-20150114_165901.jpg  
Old 01-14-2015, 11:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Excellent, should to be a nice addition, you just knows it will be so reliable, and heck fully loaded "Winning!" Enjoy your shake down cruise.

What is the white stuff on the ground all around your Impala? Snow? Almost forgot what that is, Utah has received the mildest winter in a long time. "I'm luvin it!".

You just know your going to miss your 4x4 trucks ability to get you into tough places only the brave dare venture too, and all the money it drank in fuel.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:32 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Nice looking car!! Congrats
BTW where did you get the Montecarloforum.com sticker in the window of your car?

Old 01-14-2015, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Excellent, should to be a nice addition, you just knows it will be so reliable, and heck fully loaded "Winning!" Enjoy your shake down cruise.

What is the white stuff on the ground all around your Impala? Snow? Almost forgot what that is, Utah has received the mildest winter in a long time. "I'm luvin it!".

You just know your going to miss your 4x4 trucks ability to get you into tough places only the brave dare venture too, and all the money it drank in fuel.
Yup...it's that nasty cold white stuff that northwestern PA winters have an overabundance of. Although it's supposed to be in the 40's on Saturday so maybe it will melt some of it!

Oh yeah, that 4x4 was incredible and I'll definitely miss that glorious 5 inch straight-pipped diesel roar and insanely loud turbo whistle. And who can forget the fantastic price of diesel and filling up for $80-90? haha thanks for the kind words, Greg. Winning is definitely the right way to describe this

Old 01-14-2015, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by P343
Nice looking car!! Congrats
BTW where did you get the Montecarloforum.com sticker in the window of your car?

Thank you! I got the decals from the MCF admin TAZ. He's very reasonable with pricing and can make them in a few different colors. Just PM him and he'll hook you up!

Old 01-14-2015, 11:44 PM

Also, Greg, I hope she wont have some crazy issue on the way to the 'Burgh or on the way back because I'm going there to take a girl on a date....that would be embarrassing AF! lol

Old 01-14-2015, 11:45 PM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Thanks. I have a couple of cars that would look great on!!

Old 01-14-2015, 11:48 PM

Are those cars the ones in your signature? If, so, you're absolutely right. They're both already gorgeous!

Old 01-14-2015, 11:51 PM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Thank you. Yes it would be for both cars in my signature. I sent Taz a PM to see if he still does the decals.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSChevyFun
Also, Greg, I hope she wont have some crazy issue on the way to the 'Burgh or on the way back because I'm going there to take a girl on a date....that would be embarrassing AF! lol
Oh no the new car and taking a girl on a date in it scenario. If her dad's a good mechanic take him along or just get AAA coverage. You can always cuddle till the tow truck gets there and ruins the moment.

So you were one of those maniac diesel men eh? Wow you need to go in to detox over the PTSD signs you bound to exhibit when one rolls up next to you and pulls away hard while leaving you temporarily blinded in the infamous blacker than hell smoke screen. Poor you. Yeah, diesel prices could choke a $5 trick.

Quick Reply: New Car!!!