Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

New 2013 Ford Mustangs Revealed

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 07:20 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool New 2013 Ford Mustangs Revealed

Hi Member's, below posted so that you know what's out there Do you like the new Mustangs ? ? ? From Road & Track. Competition is GOOD 4 the General...It keeps them
improving the Camaro

Now Ford should bring back the T-Bird Coupe & GM Chevy Division a new Monte Carlo

I like what Ford is doing to the Mustang What do you think ? Post & Let your Monte Carlo Family know ? ? ?

New 2013 Ford Mustangs Revealed - 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show

2013 Ford Mustang V-6, Mustang GT and Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca: Sharper looks all around, plus more Boss options for the Mustang GT.

By Tom Wilson
November 14, 2011
<!-- auto show is false why is this showing --><!-- use auto show template in this case -->Photos »Videos »

<!-- test output end: --><!-- the article, at a glance, downloads, top competitors, from buying guide --><!-- left column -->Sandwiched between the debut of the introduction of the sophisticated 5.0-liter V-8 in 2011 and a complete overhaul likely in 2014, the 2013 Mustang model year is a freshen-up period.
With little to ****le on the current Mustang, 2013 sees largely cosmetic improvements—with a few notable exceptions. The GT500, as detailed separately by Shaun Bailey, has risen to no less than 650 bhp, the better to intimidate prospective Camaro ZL1 buyers. And there are significant mechanical upgrades and shufflings throughout the rest of the Mustang herd.
2013 Ford Mustang V-6
Aside from the GT500, the base Mustang is the most improved. It models the Mustang lineup’s newly pronounced grille with matching hood, enlarged splitter, HID headlights and always burning LED “signature” light bars in the headlight trim. In back, the panel between the taillights is gloss black and the lamps themselves gain LED signature highlights along with smoked lenses. In between, the rocker panels are now body color and the wheel treatments tweaked, but 17-in. remains the standard size, with up to 19-in. optional.

2013 Ford Mustang V-6

Unexpected are puddle lights projecting a running horse pattern on the ground from the exterior rearview mirrors.
Of more importance to enthusiasts, the Mustang’s otherwise excellent 6-speed automatic transmission has gained the one thing it needed, SelectShift. Drivers can now select and hold any gear via a switch on the console-mounted shifter. And while the Mustang’s rpm-averse manual transmission shifter is unchanged, the 3-pedal Mustangs have all gained Hill Start Assist, Ford’s 2-second hill-holder.
Another blessing for handling fans is the optional V-6 Performance Package is now available with the automatic as well as the manual transmission, and the Brembo Brake package.

2013 Ford Mustang V-6

Keeping with Ford’s rush to e-technology, all 2013 Mustangs can be had with an optional 4.2-in. display in the instrument cluster with quite a few surprises hiding behind the system’s steering wheel-mounted 5-way button. The display can bring up a comprehensive list of numbers ranging from fuel economy measurements to cylinder head temperatures(!). Existing on-board accelerometers have also been tapped for g-load displays, along with acceleration and braking time or distance measurements. There’s even a virtual drag race Christmas tree, but don’t tell your mom.
Speaking of entertainment, two new optional sound systems are offered—Shaker 370 with eight speakers and Shaker Pro with 550 watts and nine speakers. Ford says each boasts improved clarity.

2013 Ford Mustang V-6

Other tweaks to the Mustang option list? The leather-trimmed Recaro seats are now available on any Mustang, plus the premium package with leather-covered steering wheel and shifter, 6-way power driver’s seat and auto dim mirrors are available starting on the base car.
Still missing from all Mustangs until the next major overhaul is a telescoping steering wheel.
2013 Ford Mustang GT
Changes to the bread-and-butter V-8 Mustang are few but significant. The 5.0-liter has been re-rated at 420 bhp thanks to tuning learned while developing the 444-bhp Boss 302, says Ford. The 5.0 is mechanically unchanged.

2013 Ford Mustang GT

Pilfering the Boss 302 parts bin, the Mustang GT’s Track Package is now a formidable collection of the 3.73 axle gears mounted to the superb Torsen differential, oil cooler, larger Boss 302 radiator, Performance Friction brake pads, Brembo 4-piston calipers, 14-in. vented front discs and new 19-in. forged aluminum wheels shod with summer performance tires.
If the Brembo brake package alone is desired, it is now available with either the manual or automatic transmission. The Mustang GT also gains heat-extracting louvers in its hood, as do the Boss 302 and GT500 models.

2013 Ford Mustang GT

2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 / Boss 302 Laguna Seca
Reinforcing the consensus that the Boss 302 is not only the best balanced Mustang ever, but also one of the sweetest-driving performance bargains of all time, Ford is concentrating on its looks for 2013.

2013 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca

That means the Boss 302 and 302 Laguna Seca remain at 444 bhp and 380 lb.-ft. of torque, with track-ready suspensions and a staggered tire fitment. It also signals the replacement of last year’s “C-stripe” and the introduction of the “hockey stick” accent running down the front fender and along the lower door. As with the 1970 appliqué it mimics, the hockey stick is reflective black vinyl. In front, the unused foglight openings wear removable covers for track day brake ducts, and gray accents are found in the grille, mirror caps, rear spoiler, and on the 2-seat Laguna Seca, the interior cross brace.
Most visible of the styling changes is a new School Bus Yellow/black trim paint scheme for Boss 302 and Laguna Seca. The latter also gives up its black-only roof treatment in favor of body color paint. Finally, SYNC is now standard on all Bosses.

2013 Ford Shelby GT500

<!-- right column --><!-- best of -->BEST OF THE 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show2011 L.A. Auto Show

<TABLE class=default border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=186><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>More 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show Coverage >></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- /rt-col -->
<!-- tags, pager -->Pages: 1 Photos

Last edited by Space; 11-17-2011 at 06:17 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:22 AM

2011 Los Angeles Auto Show - Auto Shows
<LI class="jcarousel-item jcarousel-item-horizontal jcarousel-item-3 jcarousel-item-3-horizontal" jcarouselindex="3">Photos: Best of Los Angeles 2011 <LI class="jcarousel-item jcarousel-item-horizontal jcarousel-item-4 jcarousel-item-4-horizontal" jcarouselindex="4">2013 Ford Shelby GT500 - First Ride

Old 11-16-2011, 08:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

The new mustang is looking nice, and i love all the technology that new cars have (at the same time i hate it) As theres just more and more things to go wrong. But i wish could drive a car with all these sensors and cameras. Like blindspot indicators, and all these features. Or the mustang with all of its fancy stuff on the dash.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I can't STAND all of these nanny devices. I prefer a simple car, with simple features. It is not only less to go wrong, but it helps the car weigh less and you have more input into the actual driving of the cars.

Also, Ford needs to stop jutting out the front of this Mustang. Soon it's going to look like a boar.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:56 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I'm not a fan of the new mustangs havnt been sence the 2010 style came out

Old 11-16-2011, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
I'm not a fan of the new mustangs havnt been sence the 2010 style came out

Hi `Mike, I'm sure that Chevrolet (GM) is happy to read the above
I'm just happy that we all have so many automotive choices.
The way technology is going It won't be long until cars are driving themselves Oh`no

p.s. Hope U R feel'in better 2day 4-Sure...Take good care

Old 11-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I can't STAND all of these nanny devices. I prefer a simple car, with simple features. It is not only less to go wrong, but it helps the car weigh less and you have more input into the actual driving of the cars.

Also, Ford needs to stop jutting out the front of this Mustang. Soon it's going to look like a boar.
contrary to my statment above, i also completely agree with yours mike. Thats why i love my horizon, its such a simple car. No crazy computer systems or sensors to go wrong. Its just simple and it always works.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:49 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

The quarter mile and 0-60 timers are pretty cool. Waiting to see the price tag on this thing though. I think it's cool.... about time us Ford guys got faster than the Chevy ,right?

The real winner here isn't Ford, Chevy, or Dodge... it's us, because we reap the benefits of the competition between these guys!

Old 11-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

i like the idea of 0-60 timers they are pretty cool. I am on the fence with the newer style mustangs. i like them more than the previous style but i'm not sure.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:59 PM

Subaru has had the hill holder feature on their manual transmission. Cars since back in the early eighties. It is about time that someone else offered it as well. I like some of the new stuff like tire pressure monitors and navigation systems. I don't like air bags or ABS brakes. I think all this stuff should be options that you can purchase if you want then or not have if you don't. I like the looks of the Mustang.

Quick Reply: New 2013 Ford Mustangs Revealed