Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

-> Need a Job ? 14 Firms Hiring Big Time Now

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question -> Need a Job ? 14 Firms Hiring Big Time Now

Hi Member's, found the below information on my homepage before I checked in on the MCF.
I hope the below information might help a member ? ? ? The MCF shares, cause it cares about their Member's Oh, if you know of a company hiring...Please post/share...We don't want any of our member's losing their Monte Carlo's 4-Sure : ).
Click the below link to explore & Good Luck if you are looking for a `job...

Pause

Last edited by Space; 09-20-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:02 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

saw this... Cool hope this means a turnaround in our economy!

Old 09-21-2011, 11:46 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
saw this... Cool hope this means a turnaround in our economy!

Hi `Tad, I sure hope it means a turnaround 4-Sure...
I also hope it helps some of our member's that are looking for a job or another one that pays more...

I was surprised when I read that they are having a difficult time finding people for those position listed in the article ? ?

Old 09-21-2011, 01:18 PM

Disney is always hiring. You usually have to accept a low paying position to get your foot in the door and then search for a better paying role. I started as a hotel front desk host before I was able to get into engineering which pays very well.
Disney does have some requirements. You must have a wholesome appearance. No funky hair styles, the only facial hair acceptable is a mustache, only natural hair colors, no visible tats. Disney also drug tests. Disney has no tolerance for drugs. Disney also does back ground tests. Having a negative past will not preclude you from employment, but lying about it will. I worked with a guy who has been employed at Disney for over twenty years. He applied for a service manager job which would have been a promotion. Disney background checks are fairly new and usually were not done on long time employees unless you change positions and that puts your name into the new system. Anyway this guy lied about a DUI from over 30 years ago on his original emoyment app. He didn't get his promotion because they fired him. Havind an old DUI would not have stoped him from being hired or being promoted.
Disney is a good company to work for. I would recommend it to anybody.

Old 09-21-2011, 02:50 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Wish i could find a better job so i wouldnt have to work 3 but cant complain i get to surf the forum & take off wen i want so its not all that bad

Old 09-21-2011, 05:09 PM

I can't complain about my job. If I get tired of working here I can transfer to another location and it is like starting a new job without losing pay or benefits. Because of this I have worked in EPCOT, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, also the Contemporary Resort, Caribbean Beach Resort, the Allstar Resort, and Port Orleans Resort. I like the resorts better because the pace isn't as fast.
Engineering in the resorts is mostly maintenance and it falls into two categories. You are either doing preventative maintenance or doing service calls. Currently I do service calls and have to respond when something breaks. They basically pay me to be available. They for for 40 hours and some weeks I actually work around 15 to 20. Other weeks I am real busy and work 40 but they are far and few. If you do PM's they give you a list of equipment to service and the amount of time to do it. I can usually beat the time everytime by working smart so the rest of the time turns into a break. When I did PM's I usually worked 20-30 hours and got paid for 40. I hope it never ends. When I worked front desk I made peanuts and bust my ***. Got gaid for 40 and worked at least 40. There was lots of mandatory overtime.