Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

> Need to get a loan for a Monte Carlo, Home, etc ?

Old 10-13-2012, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question > Need to get a loan for a Monte Carlo, Home, etc ?

Estimate your credit score in 10 questions - MSN Money

http://money.msn.com/credit-rating/y...dit-score.aspx

Click above link
For your Credit Score...It's a fast, easy test by MSN

Do you know your credit score? Take this quick quiz to get a free estimate. Click on the above link for a simple test.

I am learning how important a person credit is in life if you want to ge a loan on anything ? The above gives you a close indication of your score.
Mine was 790

Credit is a persons word to pay
Credt speaks volumes about every person & if their word is good or bad It's getting more important everyday to have decent credit `if you want to borrow or get a loan on anything...

Last edited by Space; 10-13-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:49 PM

Yes I had a company check mine on an Interview one with my permission.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:00 PM

Hi `Joe, the company I work also does a credit check on everyone during their background investigation...

We also have to have a security check, criminal records, traffic, drug test often, fingerprinted & photo's, medical examines + + + + + +. If like we all are working for the CIA or something ~> > I understand, but WoW...

I'm just learning the real importance of credit...My company still checks it yearly on present employee's...

I'm am learning what credit says about a person...4-Sure..
It's sad for many that are good, but fell on hard times , but I also understand companies wanting to get the best/loyal employee's they can get...

Old 10-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

my potential score below.... It looks good but I'm slowly sinking due to an increase of $138 a month on my mortgae and using my savings account to pay my bills..... I will most likely be losing more money at work due to the increas of health insurance next year also.........

Old 10-13-2012, 06:21 PM

Hi `Chris, that's a super score 4-Sure, but I understand the increases on just about everything...It's the same here for me.
I help a few of my senior citizens friends with their health insurance, property insurance + taxes has skyrocketed + the cost of living...There's only so many things one can cut back on...

I'm sure you can relate...I hope you can find a way to lower your payments or get your bank/loan companies to work with you...They will work with you, even if you only pay the interest due. I've been reading up on it to help some of my senior friends + searching for good professionals for them to deal with all these increase...It's sure not a pretty story 4-Sure...

Good Luck & thanks for your post/feedback

p.s. EnJoy the Race 2night

Old 10-15-2012, 08:44 AM

Many think a bad credit score is OK

• A new survey also says 32% of Americans think homeowners should be able to strategically default on their mortgages without facing consequences.(I find this very sad 4-Sure)
  • They are saying that 32% of American's promise to pay is a lie...There words are not true...It's hurting everyone that
  • scarifices to pay their bills
  • What do you think ? Should they be forgiven & let you payfor their mistakes ? I just find it very, very sad...

By MSN Money partner Fri 3:10 PM

This post comes from partner site Credit.com.

After years of economic turmoil faced by millions of Americans, a large number of consumers now have new attitudes toward the kinds of financial missteps that can land borrowers in credit trouble, including strategic defaults.

A sizable amount of Americans now consider it socially acceptable to have a low credit score or to strategically default on their outstanding mortgage balances, according to new data compiled by JZ Analytics as part of a poll for ID Analytics. In all, 36% of those polled said they believe it's acceptable to have a poor credit score these days, accounting for 77 million people across the country if the data is extrapolated out.

More interesting, however, is that many consumers have seen their attitudes toward intentionally falling behind on underwater mortgages change drastically in the past few years, the report said. <!--EndofExcerptMarker-->A total of 32% of those polled -- 68 million people nationwide -- say homeowners should be able to strategically default on their mortgages without facing any consequences whatsoever for doing so.

Further, 13%, or 28 million Americans, say they would likely strategically default, the report said. Another 17% say they know people who have already done so.
<IFRAME height=700 marginHeight=0 src="http://hub.video.msn.com/hub/blogs-player-v3-ROS/?iframe=true&csid=ux-cms-en-us-Money&DefaultVideo=videobyuuids.aspx?uuids=5434e0c 1-144f-49dc-ae8f-f2d834a9150c,db502a1d-da3f-414a-b3b0-07424fe128d1,2f9400d9-ffb6-4137-98ae-dad9cc16010b,73f44025-64fb-49e6-85f1-86382b941e06&DefaultPlaylist=videobyuuids.aspx?uui ds=5434e0c1-144f-49dc-ae8f-f2d834a9150c,db502a1d-da3f-414a-b3b0-07424fe128d1,2f9400d9-ffb6-4137-98ae-dad9cc16010b,73f44025-64fb-49e6-85f1-86382b941e06&PlayerChannel=iv2_en-us_money_blogs-karen-credit-scores&PlayerLocation=money_blog&AutoPlayVideo=fal se&PlaybackMode=InlineLeadWithImage" frameBorder=0 width=630 marginWidth=0 scrolling=no> </IFRAME>
"Our research into the consumer opinion of the economic crisis of 2008 found alarming results," said John Zogby, a senior analyst at JZ Analytics and creator of the Zogby Poll. "What jumped out is how many Americans feel it is acceptable for homeowners to walk away from a mortgage and go into foreclosure. If Americans carry on with that mindset, it will continue to cause problems as the economy undergoes a slow recovery."

Another area in which consumers have more relaxed attitudes toward certain aspects of their credit rating is whether they would exaggerate their standing to obtain new lines of credit, the report said. In all, 17% of those polled said they would do so, making up some 36 million Americans.

Finally, another 35% of respondents said they are now more afraid of being victimized by identity theft than they were five years ago, the report said.

Identity theft and account mismanagement can lead to serious damage to a borrower's credit scores, and therefore all financial documents, including credit reports, should be monitored closely as often as possible.

More on Credit.com and MSN Money:

Old 10-15-2012, 08:47 AM

Knowledge is Power ~ It pays to know 4-Sure

RECENT ARTICLES ON CREDIT SCORES

TOOLS

More
SMART SPENDING

Many think a bad credit score is OKA new survey also says 32% of Americans think homeowners should be able to strategically default on their mortgages without facing consequences.

• 10 marriage-busting money mistakes
  • Poorest in US spend twice their income <~Are we becoming a nation of takers ? How long can our country survive is everyone keeps taking until there is no more ? How can be keep spending more then we have before the house of cards all fall down ? I hope we find a good leader to resolve these problems...I must now get back to work so that I can pay my massive taxes that are deducted from my pay....Peace/Out

Last edited by Space; 10-15-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:37 AM

MORE ON MSN MONEYVIDEO ON MSN MONEY

FEATURED
TOP PICKS
MARKET NEWS
MOST WATCHED TODAY

• <A style="TEXT-DECORATION: none" class="vxp_motionThumb vxp_playerUrl" title="" href="http://money.msn.com/credit-rating/video.aspx?videoid=77633330-b01b-414c-8bd4-0cbef7e93413" data-instname="Thumb" data-instkey="77633330-b01b-414c-8bd4-0cbef7e93413" data-insttype="video">

Now Playing
    Up Next

Video Added

How to Fix Errors in a Credit Report

Kiplinger's Kip Tips
    Date 10/5/12 1:32

Tooltip Information:

How to Fix Errors in a Credit Report
    Video by:
    Description: Kiplinger's Andrea Browne explains the steps to take to correct mistakes in your credit report.
    Rating: 4
    Views: 3440

• <A style="TEXT-DECORATION: none" class="vxp_motionThumb vxp_playerUrl" title="" href="http://money.msn.com/credit-rating/video.aspx?videoid=d9822a44-dfba-45d6-bf71-4a6bfbb74bac" data-instname="Thumb" data-instkey="d9822a44-dfba-45d6-bf71-4a6bfbb74bac" data-insttype="video">

Now Playing
    Up Next

Video Added

Beware pawn shops

Money Talks News
    Date 1/25/12 1:42

Tooltip Information:

Beware pawn shops
    Video by:
    Description: If you need money and can't turn to a bank, you might consider a pawn shop. But is that a good idea?
    Rating: 3.4
    Views: 539856

• <A style="TEXT-DECORATION: none" class="vxp_motionThumb vxp_playerUrl" title="" href="http://money.msn.com/credit-rating/video.aspx?videoid=d7ce4f0c-0798-4df1-8394-72d8ceff63c1" data-instname="Thumb" data-instkey="d7ce4f0c-0798-4df1-8394-72d8ceff63c1" data-insttype="video">

Now Playing
    Up Next

Video Added

Habits That Keep You Broke

MSNMoney
    Date 9/28/12 1:23

Tooltip Information:

Habits That Keep You Broke
    Video by:
    Description: Some tips for avoiding common habits that lead to over-spending.
    Rating: 4
    Views: 37980

• <A style="TEXT-DECORATION: none" class="vxp_motionThumb vxp_playerUrl" title="" href="http://money.msn.com/credit-rating/video.aspx?videoid=9d126594-7c51-4afb-bf7d-8ab44ebf3e81" data-instname="Thumb" data-instkey="9d126594-7c51-4afb-bf7d-8ab44ebf3e81" data-insttype="video">

Now Playing
    Up Next

Video Added

The smartest ways to borrow money

Old 10-16-2012, 07:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Check cashing stores are another bad trap people get into. I had a friend who would borrow his whole paycheck and then have to pay it back when the check came plus all the fees and interests. Then he would be broke and start borrowing all over again.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:57 AM

Thanks `Lou, yes it can be a vicious cycle & so many get caught in the trap for others to take advantage and make things worse.

That's one major reason I posted this thread
I hope it helps some of our member's....

Thanks for your post & all your contributions to the MCF...

Credit, it's your promise to pay, it's your word & it says a lot about a person....Our world would be so much better if everyone spoke true & acted their words...

Peace/Happiness/Out

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: > Need to get a loan for a Monte Carlo, Home, etc ?