Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, NASCAR
62.50%
I like other forms of Racing
29.17%
No, I don't like Racing : (
0%
Illegal Street Racing : )
8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

- NASCAR - Yes - No ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007 | 04:15 PM
Default RE: NASCAR ?

As I said in a previous post, I am being totally turned off with NASCAR. With this new "Car of Tomorrow" deal they got going, they may as well be all IROC races.

Without the Chevy/Ford/Dodge rivalry who really cares, they are all going to be driving the same thing. Why would the big automakers want to sponsor this stuff, whats in it for them. "Win on Sunday--Sell on Monday" . Sell what, the car of tomorrow???

The NASCAR rules makers have just about completely taken all the competitvness for the manufacturer out of the equation, and IMHO this was a very big part of why NASCAR became sucessfull in the first place.

It used to be about who had the best cars Chev Ford Dodge, now its about "how much money can we generate from this".

NASCAR - North American "STOCK" Car - what a joke.

Old 01-25-2007 | 04:56 PM
|
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]WoW [/align][align=center]Rev it up Faster[/align][align=center]U R Rev-ed Up : )[/align][align=center][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=crossbonesgif.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][/align][align=center][sm=rant.gif][sm=rant.gif][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Click below4 NASCAR COMPLAINT DEPT [:-][/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/681C8228BFD448A5892B443697A6A12A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/97632991DA1E4C55B3E7C1CEA6E4B318.jpg[/IMG] [/align][align=center]Bill, I hope I made you ~>Smile : )[/align][align=center][sm=violin.gif][/align][align=center]Feel better now ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Wish U a `Happy,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Bill, jump in your new Monte Carlo SS, crank up the tunes [/align][align=center]or[/align][align=center]just listen to the sounds of your V-8 singing.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I'm sure U will feel a lot better[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-] EnJoy [:-][/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/FC0419FB3D024EA19FD34A58274A1876.gif[/IMG] [/align][align=center]..Rev it Up Faster Bill[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Now, that's Rac'in [/align]

Old 01-25-2007 | 05:39 PM
15 Year Member

lol both of you are lost LOL

Old 01-25-2007 | 05:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

hey we have one of those in our store
and the lady in charge of our complaint department is
helen wait

so when someone comes in with a complaint we tell them to
go to helen wait lol jk jk...

but we do have one of those complaint department
thingys

Old 01-25-2007 | 06:24 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
10 Year Member

I used to like NASCAR - The golden days the Winston Cup years. I also love when they started racing the Dodge Daytonas and Superbirds. I'm not too fond of NEXTEL cup right now. Especially after seeing a prototype of what the new spoiler will look like - rice!!! I also do like to watch NHRA. I don't like street racing - too dangerous, I like it legal.

Old 01-25-2007 | 06:37 PM

Sorry for my rant.........Space, you did make me fell better.

Old 01-25-2007 | 07:02 PM
15 Year Member

ORIGINAL: AwsomeSS

I used to like NASCAR - The golden days the Winston Cup years. I also love when they started racing the Dodge Daytonas and Superbirds. I'm not too fond of NEXTEL cup right now. Especially after seeing a prototype of what the new spoiler will look like - rice!!! I also do like to watch NHRA. I don't like street racing - too dangerous, I like it legal.
i shoudl probbly explin the street racing. it was legal. they would close the street off for us to run and it was governed. but they changed it to the old air port and it was better there to.
but we still had to have helments,cages for certin cars etc... but it was stricktly the foot brakers and you had to run what you drove in no trailer queens allowed. so it was nice to have tow cars that were real close it became a tunners race and some points.
it was fun. just wish they would have this type of thing still. even having the safty gear didnt hamper the fun and the stand for pepole were blocked off with barricades etc.. so it was basically a track btu mon-fri till about 9:00pm it was a daily driven road.
Small towns are great LOL

Old 01-25-2007 | 07:27 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

I have always enjoyed nNscar. Nothing like seeing who has put the best "Muscle Car" on the track forany given week. My all-time fav is the 1st generation Monte Carlo # 12 of Bobby Allison winning at Riverside 500 (road) Raceway in California with no1st or 2ndgearin the last 200 miles back in the early 70's. Yes I was there! The new stock cars aren't really stock enough anymore but they are still awesomely cool to follow. Big Greg Biffle fan here, too bad he's in a Ford.

Old 01-25-2007 | 07:36 PM
15 Year Member

yeah i can say i wish they would bring the "stock "part of the car back to the track instead of this higly engineerd version of the cars.

Would love to find a 03 monte carlo that was a rwd. liek to ones on the track. as in like STOCK.

isint this why the road runners and the supper bees had to have the wing on them for the street versions also? or somthign like that.
i wasent alive for the raceing in those days but i hav esee allot of old film frends dad had them . even see the first race that Earnheart did on the Nascar track. also remember seeing his yellow wrangler car on the track also.

Old 01-26-2007 | 02:31 PM
rj
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Because it is no longer politically correct to advertise anything to do with smoking.

And yet........... we see so many smoking on TV when it was banned in the 1970s??????????

hey we have one of those in our store
and the lady in charge of our complaint department is
helen wait

so when someone comes in with a complaint we tell them to
go to helen wait lol jk jk...

Guy I used to work with would tell me we that worked for Mr. Farris.
You know, "The Big Wheel."

Quick Reply: - NASCAR - Yes - No ?