Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Nascar race tonight

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 10:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member
Default Nascar race tonight

Not sure if I'll watch the race tonight or not. Its only a 3/4 mile track. Next week is one of my Favorites tracks 2.66 miles long. Yeah buddy. Talladega & Daytona for are my favs. Theres other tracks I like to watch also. But those two are primo. Texas & calif are cool also. I just hate the tracks under a mile. I guess the race is on at 7 pm tonight. Who's going to watch ?

Old 04-28-2012, 10:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I am! Daytona and Talladega are my favs also.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

I might watch, but Daytona and Talladega are definitely two of my favorites as well

Old 04-28-2012, 03:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Talledega is the best! But I watch every race - big surprise there! If your a Nacar fan, how come we never hear from you in the Nascar threads Rick? Talledega will be the start of a new MCF Championship segment. You should be in there making your picks!

Old 04-28-2012, 03:44 PM

I'll be watching - I watch every race as well. Daytona is my favorite too. I'm getting married at the end of June and we are trying to get tickets to the Daytona race in July as our honeymoon (fingers crossed!) Richmond isn't that far from where I live, but I have never been there; I have been to Dover and Martinsville.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

IM A DIEHARD FAN OF NASCAR...

I WATCH ALL THE RACES NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE....

EVEN POCONO...:p

BUT DAGA AND DAYTONA MY 2 FAVES FOR SURE AND CHARLOTTE..

Old 04-28-2012, 03:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Talledega is the best! But I watch every race - big surprise there! If your a Nacar fan, how come we never hear from you in the Nascar threads Rick? Talledega will be the start of a new MCF Championship segment. You should be in there making your picks!
Well I've been watching that kind of racing since most of you were born. I bought a brand new 1968 Torino. Just like Duane has. But mine was Red. I bought that When I saw the commerical during the race. I used to watch what they called STOCK car racing back in the day. So after all these yrs PLUS when My Favorite driver of all time past away #3. I sort of lost interest in it for a long while. WE used to do that racing thing at work. They would have 43 #'s in a hat. You'd draw yr driver and that was yr man for that yr. Just lost a liitle interest in it I guess. They keep changeing the rules and making it less watchable. You younger cats missed it say back in the late 60's to early 70's racing was all out FUN to watch. Now it's just not the same. Thats why i just watch the Big tracks

Last edited by Ricks 2006 SS; 04-28-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Duane has the Torino. Cowboy. Figured I had better set you straight before someone else does HAHA.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
Well I've been watching that kind of racing since most of you were born. I bought a brand new 1968 Torino. Just like Duane has. But mine was Red. I bought that When I saw the commerical during the race. I used to watch what they called STOCK car racing back in the day. So after all these yrs PLUS when My Favorite driver of all time past away #3. I sort of lost interest in it for a long while. WE used to do that racing thing at work. They would have 43 #'s in a hat. You'd draw yr driver and that was yr man for that yr. Just lost a liitle interest in it I guess. They keep changeing the rules and making it less watchable. You younger cats missed it say back in the late 60's to early 70's racing was all out FUN to watch. Now it's just not the same. Thats why i just watch the Big tracks
rick im an oldschool guy as well and i even remembergoing and seeing the races back in the late 50's as well but still have friends enough.to have stayed interested..i too was a rock solid #3 fan....it took me a while to "adjust" and now am a diehard Dale Jr fan.....I use to race myself as well at the ole Mt clemens speedway, flatrock and toledo.....I first got my experience in raceing when i was 4 and use to race 1/4 midgets that my dad and his friends built...way back when lol

I guess its truely in my blood...
If it wasnt for the horrible wreck in 1997.(When my then wife and i were hit by a drunk driver on our harley)....and caused her death and me becomeing an above knee amputee which disabled me for life.....among other injurys...

I had an oppurtunity to go raceing bigtime....might even be in Nascar..but that was 14 yrs ago....(kinda hard to swallow still)...but thats life....

But my buds call me every race weekend and we make bets on whos gonna win everyweekend...did i mention we bet $5.00 a race? lol

To bad you cant come to michigan in june rick......were camped out for the week for the race....As a matter of fact..i just received our tickets in the mail today.....

so, come join us here on the forum and place your bet!

Old 04-28-2012, 05:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I remember Mt Clemens! I was just a little kid back then though. I spent less time watching the races and more time playing in that fort they had for the kids

Quick Reply: Nascar race tonight