Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

NASCAR Poll + Update + Bad Boys : )

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 05:30 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default NASCAR Poll + Update + Bad Boys : )

[align=center]This post is made to determine how many[/align][align=center]MCF Member's are into NASCAR.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Do you want to see NASCAR update's on the[/align][align=center]MCF ? [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Would you like to see other types of Racing[/align][align=center]posted on our forum ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Please post your comments,[/align][align=center]suggestions`ok[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][sm=feedback.gif][/align]

Old 03-06-2008, 05:51 AM
Default RE: NASCAR on MCF ?

[align=center]Example Post Type NASCARInformation[/align][align=center][:-]

[/align][align=center]R. Gordon gets points back [/align][/align][align=center]
Mar 05, 2008 at 05:12 PM

The National Stock Car Racing Commission is restoring Robby Gordon's 100 owner and driver points as well as reversing the six-week suspension of crew chief Frank Kerr. The commission did increase the fine from $100,000 to $150,000. Gordon is now 21st in driver points. The official statement follows, then Robby Gordon's reaction.
###

[/align][align=center]NATIONAL STOCK CAR RACING COMMISSION STATEMENT:

On March 5, 2008, the National Stock Car Racing Commission heard and considered the appeal of Robby Gordon Motorsports regarding the #7 car. The appeal concerned three penalties issued by NASCAR following opening day inspection on February 8, 2008 for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event at Daytona International Speedway.

The infractions concerned Section 12-4-A of the NASCAR Rule Book “Actions detrimental to stock car racing”; Section 12-4-Q “Any determination by NASCAR Officials that the car, car parts, components, and/or equipment used in the Event do not conform to NASCAR rules” and Section 20-3.1-A: “Unapproved front bumper cover.”

The penalties assessed were:

Loss of 100 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship Car Owner Points for car owner Robby Gordon.

Loss of 100 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship Driver Points for driver Robby Gordon.

$100,000.00 fine; suspension from NASCAR for the next six (6) NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship Events; suspension from NASCAR until April 9, 2008, and probation until December 31, 2008 for crew chief, Frank Kerr.

The Appellants argued that the bumper cover was installed as delivered from the manufacturer, that it did not provide a competition advantage since it was discovered prior to being allowed on the racetrack, and that the bumper met the templates. The Appellants also argued against the severity of the penalties.

In deliberating, the Commission considered several factors. The bumper cover constituted an obvious rules infraction and the Appellants did not contest the legality of the part.

The Commission notes and reaffirms the following fundamental principal which is vital to maintaining the integrity of the sport: Regardless of the source of an unapproved part on a racecar, the race team that officially enters the car in a NASCAR race is ultimately accountable for that racecar’s conformance, or non-conformance, to the rules.

However, the Commission believes that the facts presented during the hearing represented an extraordinary and unusual set of circumstances. While this does not excuse the infraction, the National Stock Car Racing Commission has decided to reinstate the car owner and driver championship points, lift the suspension, and increase the fine.

For the crew chief, Frank Kerr, the penalty is increased to $150,000 and he remains on probation through Dec. 31, 2008.

The Appellants have the right under Section 15 of the Rule Book to appeal this decision to the National Stock Car Racing Commissioner.

###
[b]Robby Gordon:

“We see this as good news. We are grateful the commissioners rescinded the points penalty and suspension but disappointed by the fine. Still, we see this as a victory for Robby Gordon Motorsports. We feel like justice was done and appreciate NASCAR creating a system that allowed us to take our appeal to the National Stock Car Racing Commission. Now we plan to put this issue behind us and concentrate on making the “Chase” in 2008 as well as getting the Jim Beam Dodge into victory lane. I want to thank the thousands of fans and our sponsors who have

Old 03-06-2008, 06:27 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

yeah.. i usually read them on NASCAR.com though 'Space... but there fine here. Keep it to the NASCAR section like we always hav e

Old 03-06-2008, 07:16 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

I rarely go to NASCAR.com, even on highspeed, it takes forever to load, at least here it does.
I heard on the radio yesterdayabout Edwards but did not hear what the penalties were - OUCH. He's hubby's aunt's driver - I can give her hell now, LOL, I already told her that he cheated last week because of the tire issue. I was only BSing her because I think Nascar did make the right call there, however, I also think if the crew would've just knocked the cameraman out of the way, next time he wouldn't get in the way, LOL.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:05 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: dustybird3

I rarely go to NASCAR.com, even on highspeed, it takes forever to load, at least here it does.
[/align][align=center]Hi Becky, I can relate : ( It's takes my dial `up[/align][align=center]4-ever to get NASCAR.com to load.[/align][align=center]They have a lot of vid's + advertisements on their site : ([/align][align=center]It will be interesting to see what the MCF members[/align][align=center]vote on the above poll.[/align][align=center]Many, it seems have lost interest with all the changes[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]________________________________________________[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
NASCAR's newBad Boys
[:-]
Dale Earnhardt Sr. may be "the Intimidator" of NASCAR, but a new generation of drivers are building a case to be named among NASCAR's bad boys. Meet 10 of NASCAR's young guns who are making a name for themselves through a series of collisions with the media, fans, fellow drivers.[/align]
Click on below link for story/Super Pic's
[align=center][/align]
[:-]
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://sports.aol.com/nascar/bad-boys[/align]

Old 03-06-2008, 01:03 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

oooo Carl Edwards.. number 5 but higher than Juan Pablo... I do'nt think so. His comments and all at Pocono were a result of the number 1 bad boy, Tony Stewart starting the whole thing. The Matt Kenseth altercation is another story.

Old 03-06-2008, 04:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: NASCAR Poll + Update + Bad Boys : )

Keep up the good work Space.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:38 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I can't stand NASCAR anymore. I only believe in the Winston Cup years.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:24 AM

Stewart's 10 years w/ Home Depot

Written by Administrator

Mar 06, 2008 at 09:17 PM

Ten Years Strong for The Home Depot® in NASCAR
Paint Scheme Highlighting The Home Depot’s 10-Year Tenure with
NASCAR, Joe Gibbs Racing and Tony Stewart to Adorn No. 20 Car at Atlanta

ATLANTA (March 5, 2008) – Tony Stewart’s No. 20 Home Depot Toyota will sport a slightly different look when it takes to the track for this weekend’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Atlanta Motor Speedway.

The traditional orange and black colors of primary sponsor Home Depot will remain, but in celebration of the Atlanta-based company’s 10-year anniversary as a proud NASCAR sponsor and staunch supporter of Stewart and Joe Gibbs Racing, a special paint scheme designed by one of The Home Depot’s 350,000 associates will adorn the No. 20 machine.

In a company-wide contest that began on Dec. 17, 2007 and ended on Jan. 18, 2008, Home Depot associates were encouraged to design the car that Stewart would drive March 9 at Atlanta. From a total of 351 entries, the winning design came from the pen of Scott Foreman, a Pro Desk Sales Associate who works at The Home Depot in Brighton, Colo.

“I am absolutely thrilled to have been chosen for this contest. It’s a dream of a lifetime for me,” said the 57-year-old Foreman, who will get to see his winning design in person as a VIP guest of the No. 20 Home Depot Racing Team at Atlanta. “I’ve been a race fan my entire life. I actually grew up around the local tracks in Denver since both my dad and uncle raced when I was young. I’ve been a NASCAR fan ever since they began televising races back in the black-and-white TV days. Naturally, I’ve been drawing race cars since I was a kid, too. So this prize means more to me than you could ever imagine. It really is the dream of a lifetime.”

A Pro Desk Sales Associate like Foreman bleeds orange, for they are on the front line of The Home Depot’s core customer – general contractors and do-it-yourselfers who view no home improvement project as too large.

“My inspiration for the design of the car came from my knowledge of The Home Depot and what the company stands for, along with my experience of what a race car should look like,” Foreman said. “I used the things that I’m familiar with in my everyday work at The Home Depot and the symbols that identify the company so well, namely the orange apron draped across the hood and the 10-Year Service Award since Tony has been driving The Home Depot car for 10 years now.”

The Home Depot entered NASCAR with a bang in 1999, as the world’s largest home improvement specialty retailer became the Official Home Improvement Warehouse of NASCAR. Augmenting that platform, The Home Depot also signed to sponsor a newly formed second team of Joe Gibbs Racing with a rookie crew chief and a rookie driver who had made a name for himself in open-wheel race cars but was still a stock car neophyte.

The partnership proved dynamic, as Stewart quickly showed that his four USAC championships and 1997 IRL IndyCar Series title would lead to championships in NASCAR.

With coaching administered by crew chief Greg Zipadelli, Stewart won the 1999 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Award on the heels of three wins and a fourth-place finish in the championship point standings. The wins kept coming in the seasons that followed and so did the championships, as Stewart, Zipadelli and the No. 20 Home Depot Racing Team scored titles in 2002 and 2005.

“When I first came to NASCAR, I just wanted to make it, let alone make it 10 years,” said Stewart, whose

Old 03-07-2008, 06:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Yeap, Stewart is on my no. 1 most hated list too.[:@]

Quick Reply: NASCAR Poll + Update + Bad Boys : )