Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

My rant

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default My rant

First off, if no one reads this i dont blame you..

Anyway let me start off with the positives, the obvious is im currently employed and i have a job when many others dont. My job fits into my schedule and i really dont have any problems working the over night shift. After that i kind of run out of positives.

There are alot of problems in this job with the crew we have. If you're a good honest hard worker like i am, you get crapped on constantly. I come in and do everything im supposed to do and then go keep on working and doing more. Most of the crew come in and do as little work as the possibly can and skate by doing very little for the same money i bust my **** for. That drives me up the wall, i've expressed my frustration to my manager but i dont think he cares as he is buddy buddy with everyone.

Most people dont care about their job, they do horrible quality work that others have to fix and they dont care. Other shifts constantly screw me over by ruining things i've done so i need to take the time to fix what they screwed up or more often i have to do what they were supposed to do and didn't. The place is a horribly unfair place to work as we have some ratial inequality problems too. Our manager is terrible as he has no control over the crew, never gives out discipline to the ones who mess up. Always says hes going to but never does because hes a nice guy. Too nice. But everyone tells me this is how all work places are, so i guess im ranting for no aparrant reason.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's definitely not how all work places are. Those people have just never worked in a quality place where people actually care about what they are doing.

Keep up the hard work. It will pay off in the long run

Old 08-26-2012, 06:56 PM

Been there dealt with that. Some people get by on their personality alone ...<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Old 08-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

You need to Keep up the hard work. It will pay off in the long run ..
One of my son's Quit a job after a week because everyone was on smoke
break all the time . I told him to work hard all the time an not worry
about the other worker's it will work out in the long haul ..

Old 08-26-2012, 07:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Not sure if my opinion will be helpful but for the line of work you do, that really is how some of those places are, at least from my experience. When I first started working at a grocery store the manager was great and always friendly with me because I played the same sports as his son. I quit one of the sports near the end of the season because there was no chance in going on. Long story short, he was never the same towards me again. He was great to all of the other workers but me. I was treated differently and my hours got cut back for no reason! I was fortunate that this job was a second job so I was still working the same hours at a restaurant which I loved working at. But I can definitely understand how you feel.

However, at my other two jobs (one a restaurant (3 years while in high school) and food serving job (the past two years of college) I've started out low (not really knowing the workers, or my bosses) and after just a few weeks of working both of my bosses had realized that I can do quality work. So maybe it's time for a new job? Get a fresh start and continue to work your butt off for a boss that will actually notice Not saying to quit your current one but maybe just apply other places, see what opportunities are out there.

Last edited by 01 Monte SS; 08-26-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks for the inputs, my dad keeps telling me the same thing. Worry about you and it'll al even out, im just waiting for it to even out We have smoke breaks here too every hour almost everyone is out for a smoke The manager says he knows everything that goes on, so i can just hope he is aware that i work hard versus some of the others and that sooner or later it'll pay off. Not sure if could work another job, this one has me scheduled 4 days a week(8 hour shifts) and i go to school too so i dont think i could really work another job.

Thats another thing thats been annoying me lately is we have so many workers now that we're finishing early and being forced to go home early, my pay check has been shrinking now. I mentioned that to my manager and he said dont worrry it'll get busy We'll see... I also dont really want to start job hopping now as im thinking about taking a loan for a car and need to have some steady pay, plus this is working with my schedule, no idea if other jobs would.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Sorry to hear that.. Guess there's really nothing you can do if you don't want to find a different job, or even try for that matter. Only thing to do is put up with the crap. Personally that would drive me nuts, especially with a boss who seems to care less

Old 08-26-2012, 08:18 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

It wouldn't be a bad idea to start looking at other places. I've had my share of badly managed jobs. I have a very good work ethic and it sucks when you work with a bunch of slackers. The job I am at now isn't the greatest pay but has great benefits and I get OT pay. I work with this one guy who is an extremely hard worker which is very refreshing.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member

i know it would be good to get another job, but im reluctant to do that simply because everything is working right now with school. We've got plenty of slackers with a few workers. I imagine it is refreshing to be with a hard worker.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:18 PM

I would look for another job. I was in the same situation when I worked at a restaurant years ago. I got tired of doing everyones job but the bosses praised everyone else.

I did have one boss that got along with me very well and he hated the slackers too but since he was low man on the totem pole he couldn't fire someone without approval from a higher manager.

In the end I got a really great customer review that went all the way up to the president of our corporation - after I still didn't get any help or more hours I told the associate manager I need more hours or I'm leaving.

When the GM at the store heard, I was given double hours and a raise and they fired a couple deadbeats.

Moral of the story - the managers know who really does the work - and they know how screwed they be if they lost someone that's doing everything. Calmly talk to your boss and if he doesn't work with you, mention that you're looking for another job. But obviously it's best to have another job lined up so you can really turn in a 2 weeks notice if he tries to call your bluff and so if it turns against you, you have a backup plan.

Last edited by Mike 00LS; 08-26-2012 at 09:20 PM.

Quick Reply: My rant