Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

My (personal) Prediction

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 05:50 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default My (personal) Prediction

What with all the wild fires out in the wonderful state of California I say it won't be long before those of us living in the eastern part of the country start to see our gasoline prices rise.

To help pay for the disaster out west. (or that's the BS they will feed us)

Just my opinion.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: My (personal) Prediction

ORIGINAL: rj

What with all the wild fires out in the wonderful state of California I say it won't be long before those of us living in the eastern part of the country start to see our gasoline prices rise.

To help pay for the disaster out west. (or that's the BS they will feed us)

Just my opinion.

Don't forget to add, it is all George Bush's fault.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:03 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

And it's ALL George Bush's fault!!!

Old 10-23-2007, 07:06 PM

amen

Old 10-23-2007, 08:43 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

even though the Congress actually has more power than the president, no matter who it is? its still all the presidents fault?

Old 10-23-2007, 08:56 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Everything is always the presidents fault. He's got veto power, remember? And when you ask him, it's the previous administration's fault.

Or if you listen to South Park, blame Canada. Even though we had nothing to do with it.

I'm surprised that gas prices around here haven't changed much in the last 2 to 3 weeks. Even though the price of oil per barrel has skyrocketed to $90. That will be one of the excuses they use when they raise the price of gas.

BTW... someone in Cali please tell me radio stations haven't started playing "We Didn't Start The Fire" by Billy Joel.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:04 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

congress can override the veto with a 2/3's vote......

Old 10-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Not to change the subject, but something I like about the US electoral system is how you get to directly vote for who you wantas President. In Canada, the Prime Minister is the leader of the party that wins the most seats in parliament (the house). I wish we could directly vote for the Prime Minister. Lord knows we had some interesting ones.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:14 PM

These fires are very bad I hope my teacher didn't lose his house out in running springs ...
My car is covered in gray ash and who knows what else ...
The skies are a brownish yellow ...

Old 10-24-2007, 02:21 AM

Gas prices already staring to rise here in Northeast Ohio. Also, news reports of heating oil and natural gas (WTF?) rising 20% + for the winter heating season. Gasoline is going up pretty much because of high oil prices, combined with lack of refining capacity (over 200 refineries closed in U.S. in last 20 years). Natural gas is rising why??? Record profits for the companies, that's why.
As for it being Georgie boy's fault, maybe if we weren't at war with basically the whole world, threatening Iran, Venezuela, and any other oil producing nation, the oil prices would go down. Our enemies in those places, including Saudi Arabia, are laughing all the way to the bank. So yeah, I guess it IS his fault. But you know, there is no money to be made if that happens. Just like cancer, there is no profit in finding a cure.
As to the 2/3 override of a veto, the Republicans will NEVER vote to override a veto by this President, even if it's a bill to support poor, sick children! As an independent voter, I can't tell you how much it irks me that this man will veto a bill for SCHIP and in the very same week ask for 50 billion dollars more to fight wars. Total costs to help poor sick AMERICAN kids 35 - 50 billion dollars, total cost (so far) of wars in Iraq and Afghanistan 500 billion dollars (not counting Veteran's care for all the gravely wounded vet's coming back, for the rest of their lives). Total tax breaks to big oil companies in the last five years 16 - 20 billion dollars. Total money unaccounted for in Iraq alone 10 - 15 BILLION dollars. This is all borrowed money our CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN will be paying back! If you ran your house like this you would be destitute and homeless quick, fast, and in a hurry.

What is wrong with this picture??????????

To those that say, what can we do?
Answer: Vote ALL incumbents out and vote only for those that will put America andAmerican's FIRST!

Quick Reply: My (personal) Prediction