Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

My nephew and fading troubles

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 03:33 AM

You have a very cute nephew. I can relate to you in that aspect my nephew is now 16 years old, but I remember before he was even born how jealous I was because I was the youngest at the time and all the attention was going to him hahaha that instantly changed when he was born. Now I think back and wish I could have those toddler years back. Although I consider myself real close to him I just wish I could of done more with him when he was a baby. But seeing him now in his teen years makes me happy to see he turned out nothing like my brother (his father) or me hahaha we were such trouble makers, but my nephew is a good kid, level headed, straight A student and on his way to a good college. and I get a kick out of him liking girls now too. I remember when before id tease him about liking girls and he would be like NOOO!!! but not anymore now hes over there at the laker parade texting me pictures of all the hot laker girls haha. but yeah watching him grow has moved me and made me proud of him and my other nieces and nephews.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:22 AM

very cute.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

HA! Great Thread/story Cort!!! Your Nephew is Adorable!!!!

1 Thing that takes me away from all the troubles and heartaches of life is just going for a cruise in my Monte....The GTO does it to some extent but the Monte really clears my head...don't know why...lol...

Joe

Old 06-22-2010, 07:34 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Very cool Cort! I like coming here after a hard days work and chating with my Monte forum friends.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Cool story!

My cousin and I are REALLY close (mine as well be siblings, lol) and she had a baby 2 years ago (will be 2 years on July 9th ). I consider that baby to be my niece, she is such a little joy to be around. It seems like even when you are in a bad mood, she makes you be in a good mood. I can't believe she is already about to turn 2, these have been the quickest 2 years!

Due to the fact that since the day my niece was born i've called her "Munchkin butt putt putt," it backfired on me, and now she calls me Putt Putt. So yea I can be in the middle of a store, and she starts yelling "Putt putt" in reference to me. hahaha. But everytime she says it, its so cute, you just gotta love her! And the latest (in the last month) has been "putt putt, vroom vroom" LOL...Even the baby knows I have a lead foot!

Going for a ride in my Monte always seems to be a pretty good stress reliever too...

Old 06-22-2010, 11:40 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Cort, make sure you bring your nephew up right. As a Monte Carlo lover and future owner.

Originally Posted by JAlva
You have a very cute nephew. I can relate to you in that aspect my nephew is now 16 years old, but I remember before he was even born how jealous I was because I was the youngest at the time and all the attention was going to him hahaha that instantly changed when he was born. Now I think back and wish I could have those toddler years back. Although I consider myself real close to him I just wish I could of done more with him when he was a baby. But seeing him now in his teen years makes me happy to see he turned out nothing like my brother (his father) or me hahaha we were such trouble makers, but my nephew is a good kid, level headed, straight A student and on his way to a good college. and I get a kick out of him liking girls now too. I remember when before id tease him about liking girls and he would be like NOOO!!! but not anymore now hes over there at the laker parade texting me pictures of all the hot laker girls haha. but yeah watching him grow has moved me and made me proud of him and my other nieces and nephews.
I found out the other day.......... my nephew who's now 24 is getting married.
He and this girl have been together about 2 yrs or so. Most of us feel she is all wrong for him. But it's not out choice.
I am unhappy in the fact my nephew quit school. He does have a bachelor's degree. He was working on a Master's with a full scholarship. But for some reason he decided to quit school.
I remember watching Rob when he was but a few weeks old. He had colic so bad he pretty much cried the first 6 months he was alive. Non stop.
When he was little I would watch him and we would play games together. More then once uncle fell asleep before Rob did when it was nap time. Most the time, he would set there and play by himself and I eventually woke up. Rarely did he move from where he was setting while I slept.
Rob was always cheerful. Always laughing. He never met a stranger.
when his brother Matt was born, Rob was unhappy. He was no longer the baby. It took a while for him to accept Matt but he did.
I watched them both for the entire school year of 1995-96. When it came time for school to re-start they both wanted uncle to watch them again.
I was so proud when Rob graduated high school and then college.
And now this young man is getting married. How can any girl be good enough for my nephew?

Old 06-22-2010, 11:46 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I love it Cort. Teach them about cars while they are young.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:59 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

aww cute thread cort =)

usually the main things that melt all of my problems away are either being at seaworld or some sort of aquarium place orr when my race monte & street monte were at the same house i would lay on the ground in-between them & look up at the stars. but now that they aren't together anymore i'll either go sit beside one of them (depending on where i am) or go cruise in the street monte. but then i start stressing bout money for the monte lol. oh & another place where most of my troubles melt away is at the race track, the only problem i have there is the fact that i wish my race monte was put back together so i could race again =(

Old 06-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

I have to say i am the same way but with jack, it doesn't matter what kind of mood i am beign it a foul,irritated,or troubled playing jack just melts it away i used to ctuise in my monte and that would do the trick but now it's any car i own as the monte is on life support

Quick Reply: My nephew and fading troubles