Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

My Monte tried to break into a Cavalier

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 12:13 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default My Monte tried to break into a Cavalier

Yes, you did read the title right :p

Went to play an intramural softball game tonight, got in my car at the parking garage, started it up, and rolled the windows down (gotta love nice weather).

Anywho, did that, and the alarm on a Cavalier parked next to me just started going nuts, Apparently the vibrations from my exhaust were enough to trigger it, went through the whole alarm cycle of different noises too

I thought it was kinda comical, especially since I had a 93 chevy pick up with a viper system on it that would go off sometimes if we got a storm with really violent thunder

Parking garages make for a great place to enjoy a cars exhaust I think, sounds oh so wonderful

Old 04-19-2012, 12:22 AM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by DuSSt
Yes, you did read the title right :p

Went to play an intramural softball game tonight, got in my car at the parking garage, started it up, and rolled the windows down (gotta love nice weather).

Anywho, did that, and the alarm on a Cavalier parked next to me just started going nuts, Apparently the vibrations from my exhaust were enough to trigger it, went through the whole alarm cycle of different noises too

I thought it was kinda comical, especially since I had a 93 chevy pick up with a viper system on it that would go off sometimes if we got a storm with really violent thunder

Parking garages make for a great place to enjoy a cars exhaust I think, sounds oh so wonderful
Awesome!

I got to experince open headers in a parking garage after losing my catback on a speed bump I'm surprised it didn't set off any alarms haha.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:26 AM

Hahah sweet!!

Old 04-19-2012, 12:36 AM

Some alarms are way too sensitive. My minivan exhaust has set a few off and it is a stock van. No mods at all.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
Awesome!

I got to experince open headers in a parking garage after losing my catback on a speed bump I'm surprised it didn't set off any alarms haha.
Definitely surprised as well!
I hope to have headers one day, with an electronic cut out after them.
Just have flowmaster 40 series and resonator deletion right meow though.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:43 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I was expecting a different story!!

One time I was in the parking lot walking up to my in-laws van, pressed the unlock button, got in, went to start it and it wouldn't start.

The keyfob worked to unlock, but the car wouldnt' start BECAUSE IT WAS THE WRONG VAN!!!

Old 04-19-2012, 08:47 AM

Now that is funny! lol

Old 04-19-2012, 10:38 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

thats funny, my truck was good for setting off alarms with the side exit exhaust

Old 04-19-2012, 10:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

I used to do that with my Harley. In parking lots, in parking garages. At work. Chibi now thats funny

Old 04-19-2012, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I was expecting a different story!!

One time I was in the parking lot walking up to my in-laws van, pressed the unlock button, got in, went to start it and it wouldn't start.

The keyfob worked to unlock, but the car wouldnt' start BECAUSE IT WAS THE WRONG VAN!!!
Not to hi-jack my own thread :P
But my dad is a truck driver, and stops and looks on the lots when he has time.
He stopped at a place he had done a lot of business at, and was looking at a truck, and had an old key on him for the same make of truck, both Peterbuilts.
This old key not only allowed him to get into the truck, but start it as well

Discovering this he started it up, and moved it to a different spot on the lot

Called the salesman that he had done business with, and asked about the truck, and he mentioned it being the weirdest thing, that the truck had moved over the weekend

My dad just laughed and let him keep wondering about it for a while, and then mentioned at the end of the conversation, oh btw..an old key i had worked for that truck

Quick Reply: My Monte tried to break into a Cavalier