Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

My Monte and Steelership story

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Default My Monte and Steelership story

For those of you who don't know im the guy who had all the trouble getting the title to my 86 Monte Carlo LS transfered to my name.
Well as you may know it's fully mine now So first things first after her 10 year break from the streets. I took her to the steelership to have a once over to make sure everything was in working order.
The Day I took her in they was calling for sleet and rain and snow go figure .
So I drive her there with a dead inspection wondering if I was gonna get pulled over or not.
Made it there no rain,sleet or snow cold as all get out though pulled up went in haddeed my key to shop manager done the usual went outside waited for wife to pick me up. While I was waiting they took my precious monte right in out of the cold.
So I went on that day waiting for my phone call from the shop saying she was done it .
We had a storm come through and brought wit hit sleet and snow and rain nothing major but I was hating life as my monte hadnt see daylight for 10 years much less rain,snow and sleet. The steelership finally calls me about 4:30 says she's all done so I have the wife take me in to pic her up figureing she been out in the rain,sleet and snow and cold all day. We pull up and there she was setting INSIDE the bay nice and dry and warm. Man was I amazed I went in and talked to the shop manager and I think he was more excited than I was.
They couldnt get over how it still had original paint and the top was still soft to the touch. He said the service guy was gonna pull her out in the weather and he stopped them saying that thing has probablynever seen the snow. He pulled me into his office and pulled up the old service records showing me all the things she has had done to her in years past. We talked about her for a few minutes I said I almost hate to drive her home in this weather which it had stopped by then and was just a little wet out. He said if I wanted to I could leave her there over night in the bay. Now how many steelerships will do that for ya after the car is done? Anyway I payed my bill and got in her and started her up and away I went man she runs like a new car now. Im so pleased with there work and how they treated me and my Monte even though it was never purchased there.
I feel our Chevy dealership in my town is the best I will not refer to them as a steelership anymore after how they treated my new edition to the family.
Thanks for reading my story
Sam

Old 02-18-2008, 07:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: My Monte and Steelership story

Sam, It's nice when the service manager does those little things for you, and you can have a relationship with a dealership like that. NOT very many like that. I have a good relationship with my Chevy service manager. Been dealing with him at 2 stores now, almost 10 years. He will have my car picked up and delivered, and I'll pay the bill when I egt out of work, or the next day. He's ticked me off a couple of times, like when he wouldn't stand behind my flex plate repair, cuz I added a few hp since the repair (only 50). Can't say I really blame him, he's just rep'ing GM. I took my wife's '82 Olds Regency 2 dr doupe in last summer for a once over. She's the same as your car, ALL original, and in show room condition. Only 2 dealers ever worked on her, never anyone else. She was my wife's aunts car. Aunt was 76 when she bought her new, and my wife inherited her. She's put up for the winter.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:47 PM
Default RE: My Monte and Steelership story

Last time in to the Dealer for my Monte has the Service Manager fighting like hell with the Extended Warranty people to get my Signal-Wiper-Headlight Stalk covered under the Warranty ... and, HE DID IT!

The Dealership gave me a ride home in their Courtesy Van ... and, picked me up when the car was done. I didn't even flinch paying the Mandatory 1-Hour Labor for having the Tech troubleshoot a pra-blame widd duh Krooz Kon-troll.
25 miles. One way.
They made the trip, twice.

The Monte is running tight.
I'm likin' it ... a lot!
Good service is a wonderful thing!

Old 02-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: My Monte and Dealership story

Most of the GM dealerships around here are pretty decent, and won't screw ya.
But I still believe you have to watch yourself though. They are in business to make money, not friends.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:52 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Custom24... man I've just GOT To call you out here.... you said you won't refer to that dealership as a stealership anymore... but yet you refer to them as a stealership throughout the ENTIRE article.... little weird.

It's too bad Chevy dealers around here aren't like that. You're lucky to get the dumbest person in the shop on teh phone line, much less schedule an appointment with any of my locla GM, Ford, or even Chrysler dealers.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:34 AM

Can we see some pictures of your Monte?
Please

Old 02-19-2008, 09:37 AM

Cowboy ...I did that cause most people relate to that name givin to all dealerships and to show my thoughts going in and what my end result and thoughts was after picking up my new baby.

As for pics heres one
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2...nPB/car009.jpg

Old 02-19-2008, 10:04 AM

Hi Sam,
You got yourself a beautiful 1986LS.
I hope that you take more pictures, & post them on the forum.
Wish you Good Luck & Fun/Safe miles.
`Space

Old 02-19-2008, 10:35 AM

Nice Monte, Sam, good story, too. Most dealerships are really struggling these days, so service is where they make their money. They basically HAVE to do service well to survive.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:53 AM

I think there's always someone at the Dealership that has the experience to solve any problem that comes along. I'm sure that the Service Departments, many of which are Award Winning and Chevy Schooled, keep up-to-date on the latest technology and have someone available to deal with older Models.

We balk at going to the Dealer because they charge so much for what we might be able to do ourselves if we lnew what to look for and have the parts in-hand to make the repairs.

I just try to stay away from the Dealer by doing ALL the Preventative Maintenance and Scheduled Maintenance myself, no matter how long it takes. Once you reach a Plateau of having everything up-to-date, your good running car stays away from the Repair Shop and treats you well enough to avoid having to go and have someone else to those service matters.

Quick Reply: My Monte and Steelership story