Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

my lord

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 06:54 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default my lord

i just started to finish upgrading my brothers ps3 he wanted a 1t hard drive in it so he can have movie data as well as my neece and nephue's game data on it. with out running out of room. i know he has anouther one that he wants me to do it for because it is a back up for the one i just upgraded. keep in mind that if you still have a older computer that you are thinking on getting rid of that runs xp and if you have a ps3 or any thing sony keep it. because it can do fat32 conversions very easy it is very hard or impossible to do if you have vista or windows 7. xp still has it's uses because you will be able to convert music files and movies to the playstation 3. with out the computer with xp i wish you luck because it is very hard i just wanted to let every one know and that is what i have been doing latly.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's really pretty straight forward to do, I just never saw a reason for it, I have 4TB's in my server computer that links straight to any computer or my ps3, buddies xbox's etc..

I also don't play enough games to fit my 80 gigs lol

Old 05-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte07
...it is very hard or impossible to do if you have vista or windows 7.
I'm a bit confused by this statement. I run Win7 and formatting any drive to FAT32 is very simple. All you have to do is click open the box under the heading 'File System' and change it to FAT32 prior to beginning the format. It can't get much easier than that.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:56 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

unfortunitly i used two that have win 7 didnt let me used my old computer with xp was able to do it that way. i miss that set up to be honest but it has so many back doors to reak havock. but oh well at least i have two now with bigger hdd in them running format to have it run in the system. i upgraded mine just now it is running cooler to be honest running segat cool blue type.