Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

My interesting night

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 09:16 PM
1 Year Member
Default My interesting night

So for about the last 4 weeks we have been having someone ding dong ditch our house. This person has done it 4 times now. Well the 4th time was not his lucky number. The first time or 2 was fine, I myself have done it before as has my dad when he was a kid. So we weren't really bothered by it the first time or 2. The third time it started to get annoying so we would try to run out of the house and try to catch them. The third time he slipped away. Now for tonight, I was up in my room when it happened. Again I kind of just shook it off and went back to what I was doing. My dad however chased the kid and tried to catch him but being 52 he can't run like he used to. He lost him up the road and my dad told him he better not do it again and the kid said "ok I will" which pissed my dad off. He came back and got me. We went driving around in his truck looking for him. I was like a german shepherd cocked and ready to jump out of the truck for a chase. I'm not gonna act like I'm this big badass or anything like that. I am on the skinny side, however I have taken some boxing and MMA classes just for protection because I did used to get bullied in high school and I wanted to be able to make it stop. So needless to say I'm not a beast or anything but I can handle my own. Anyway, we drove around for a bit and couldn't track him down. Then on the way back he made the mistake of talking to some car in the middle of the road....the chase was on. He took off running and by the time my dad got stopped he had a good 5 second head start or so. My dad told me to get him and by god I did. I don't think I have ever ran that fast in my life. The 5 second lead he had was gone in the matter of seconds. He turned to run behind this house and when he knew he wasn't getting away he turned and acted like he wanted to fight me being the "badass" he is. I told him to not come on our property again and he tried to act all big and bad saying "or what" and things like that. I'm 20 and he is still in high school so I'm assuming he is like 17. Needless to say I didn't want to fight the kid, mainly because I didn't want to go to jail for beating a little kid. But god knows I wanted to lay this kid out. You could tell he was all bark and no bite. He had a horrible fighting stance. I told him not to do it again and walked away. I went to the other side of the street and I kept watching him to see where he would go all while he was still talking all big and bad. When I saw him go into his house I knew I had him. I walked around for a bit trying to find my dad, he didn't see us make the turn behind the house so he drove around looking for me. Anyway, when I found him we went over to his house to talk to his parents which he kept saying no to letting us do so. So we said we were just going to call the cops and as soon as we said that he got all scared and started calling for mommy who didn't say or do anything so we went home and called the cops. Hopefully he doesn't do it again because if he does, he will go to jail. We are getting security cameras and a no trespassing sign. The cop said if we catch him on video or picture and have a sign up then we can have him sent to prison/juvi. It sucks that it has to come down to this but when you act like that and show no respect and just act like a punk then you don't deserve to be on the street in my opinion. Anyway, thanks for checking out my story. I just felt like I had to tell someone, it was a very interesting night. lol

Old 12-22-2013, 09:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Oh man I sooooooo badly want to ring your front door bell and run away just kidding.

My brother and I used to play that game when we were kids and I remember some of the older people on our street getting so upset, now that I am older and wiser I know if someone did it to me, I would see red and want to rip them apart, funny how life changes your perspective of things.
I'm glad you didn't actually get in to an altercation with the guy, cause unfortunately it would have ended badly for you, as you and your dad chased him and in the eyes of the law, you should have just called the cops and let them handle it, but I know if I were in your shoes I would have done the same thing.
Hopefully the little turd just wisens up and leaves you and your family alone.

Hope you have a good Christmas and a happy new year

Old 12-22-2013, 09:50 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ohara
Oh man I sooooooo badly want to ring your front door bell and run away just kidding.

My brother and I used to play that game when we were kids and I remember some of the older people on our street getting so upset, now that I am older and wiser I know if someone did it to me, I would see red and want to rip them apart, funny how life changes your perspective of things.
I'm glad you didn't actually get in to an altercation with the guy, cause unfortunately it would have ended badly for you, as you and your dad chased him and in the eyes of the law, you should have just called the cops and let them handle it, but I know if I were in your shoes I would have done the same thing.
Hopefully the little turd just wisens up and leaves you and your family alone.

Hope you have a good Christmas and a happy new year
lol yea, like i said the first couple times was fine. I remember doing it as a kid as well so I can't fault him for that. But I can fault him for doing it over and over and then being a little punk about it. But yes, I'm glad I handled it the way I did and just walked away which sometimes can be the hardest thing to do lol. But I feel like we had to chase him as well. Had we not chased him we never would have found out where he lived so that we could let the cops know. But the cop did go and talk to him, hopefully being hunted down like an animal and then being confronted about it by both me and my dad and the cop, that will scare him and wisen him up. If not, as I said we will have cameras and a sign, so he will go to jail and then he can deal with being butt raped by some big guy named Shurly haha

Old 12-22-2013, 09:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ha I would bet he will not be coming around your property anymore. It's so good you were able to track him down and get in his face. If he would have swung on you, you would have been able to do what you needed to, would have been a little fun cutting him down a couple of notches. I would hope he will not want the problems you will make and will either grow up and get over it or move on to easier prey. Nice job!!

One night I heard voices outside my bedroom window. Saw it was kids TPing my tree and was like oh okay lets deal with this. Slipped on some pants, combat boots, snuck up on them and then jumped out on them and spooked them. Off they ran with me in chase singing some army running songs at the top of my voice "Airborne Ranger better do your best" etc. . After about 200 yards they stopped, I had them return to my home and climb up and remove TP for a few minutes. Never saw them again after that.

Old 12-22-2013, 11:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Ha I would bet he will not be coming around your property anymore. It's so good you were able to track him down and get in his face. If he would have swung on you, you would have been able to do what you needed to, would have been a little fun cutting him down a couple of notches. I would hope he will not want the problems you will make and will either grow up and get over it or move on to easier prey. Nice job!!

One night I heard voices outside my bedroom window. Saw it was kids TPing my tree and was like oh okay lets deal with this. Slipped on some pants, combat boots, snuck up on them and then jumped out on them and spooked them. Off they ran with me in chase singing some army running songs at the top of my voice "Airborne Ranger better do your best" etc. . After about 200 yards they stopped, I had them return to my home and climb up and remove TP for a few minutes. Never saw them again after that.
Hell yeah! Don't mess with no combat jumper! They were Probably pissin their pants thinkin what you'd do if you caught em.

Imuf, dude way to hold your cool. I never did that crap as a kid so I have no tollerance for thoes kinds of pranks. I myself have to watch myself cause being a little guy people underestimate me and my reflexes have gotten me an LOR and almost an article 15. Good thing trying to talk to his parents but from the sounds of things he didn't come from a very good home.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:42 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
Hell yeah! Don't mess with no combat jumper! They were Probably pissin their pants thinkin what you'd do if you caught em.

Imuf, dude way to hold your cool. I never did that crap as a kid so I have no tollerance for thoes kinds of pranks. I myself have to watch myself cause being a little guy people underestimate me and my reflexes have gotten me an LOR and almost an article 15. Good thing trying to talk to his parents but from the sounds of things he didn't come from a very good home.
I actually think it's the exact opposite and he has an amazing life as far as money is concerned. His parents have a nice house, mustang, and a nice truck as well. So I think he is just one of those rich kids who think they can do whatever they want. Well, he knows now that he can't haha

Old 12-23-2013, 11:02 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by iMuf

I actually think it's the exact opposite and he has an amazing life as far as money is concerned. His parents have a nice house, mustang, and a nice truck as well. So I think he is just one of those rich kids who think they can do whatever they want. Well, he knows now that he can't haha
Just cause he has money doesn't mean its a good home.

Old 12-23-2013, 05:38 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
Just cause he has money doesn't mean its a good home.
Yea, that's a good point